Essendon V Carlton - why would Carlton want to win?

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesnt mean all THAT much to Richmond as we need the best midfielder and the best tall, either way we get one of them. However we are probably more chance of stuffing it up with pick 2.

All sides except Carlton would be the winners.All move up a place in the 1st rnd.
Not much difference between Kruezer,Chotchin,Masten & Morton

Exactly, doesnt mean that much for us, its only Carlton that lose out in the draft as they only get one of those players instead of 2.

Imagine if we won today, and then get belted next week to the Kangaroos. Any momentum we had will be lost, and the win will be worth NOTHING!

Even if we win every last game, we'll be no higher than 3rd last. In this situation clubs should be developing for the future. Winning hollow matches is worthless.

:thumbsu: exactly my point. Why not get the best player in the draft!!!!!!

Imagine if we won today, and then get belted next week to the Kangaroos. Any momentum we had will be lost, and the win will be worth NOTHING!

Even if we win every last game, we'll be no higher than 3rd last. In this situation clubs should be developing for the future. Winning hollow matches is worthless.

Bugger Off.All real Carlton supporters will always want to beat the Bombers.There is no hollow win when you can get one on Sheedy,Hird etal.Go Blues
Long days and happ nyights

Carlton cannot deny they are in tank mode.

Its sad that a once proud club has resorted to deliberately losing so they can pick up an extra 17 year old in the draft for nothing.:(

Carlton cannot deny they are in tank mode.

Its sad that a once proud club has resorted to deliberately losing so they can pick up an extra 17 year old in the draft for nothing.:(

2005 ring a bell? How many games did the pies lose to get the PP?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee that was very close

Thankfully the right result occurred

Perfect result again

I was very worried for quite a while there, I was certain we were going to win

Thankfully Matty and the boys came through and delivered the right resuly for both teams

Only two more games Ratts:):thumbsu:

Keep it up:thumbsu:

Gee that was very close

Thankfully the right result occurred

Perfect result again

I was very worried for quite a while there, I was certain we were going to win

Thankfully Matty and the boys came through and delivered the right resuly for both teams

Only two more games Ratts:):thumbsu:

Keep it up:thumbsu:
So you accept a losing culture at Carlton. No wonder you guys are stuffed.

Bugger Off.All real Carlton supporters will always want to beat the Bombers.There is no hollow win when you can get one on Sheedy,Hird etal.Go Blues
Long days and happ nyights
The PP gives us an increased chance of winning a premiership

You cannot have enough talent on your list, so in our position while we have the chance to legally ( ;) ) exploit it, why shouldn't we use it to our advantage

It could deliver ANOTHER 10 year player on top of whoever we would get with just pick 2 and pick 3.

We increase our chances of success, wins now mean jack s**t

It doesn't matter though, those that want to win can have that opinion and those who don't should also be allowed to want us to lose.

In the end we have no impact on what happens out there

I know I was cheering for the bombers today and was feeling quite ill when it looked like we were going to win and those who wanted us to win have every right to do that

That extra 17 year old could mean another Gibbs, Murphy.

We have started so far behind due to the penalties, we need as much talent as we can get our hands on; use the system to our advantage

So you accept a losing culture at Carlton. No wonder you guys are stuffed.
Stuffed? hahahaha :D

Look at what winning 10 games did for us in 2004

Tell me what it did for us

Did it instill a winning culture at the club? :D

The next year we won the spoon

Losing a few meaningless games means jack shizen in the short term and gives us an increased chance of success

I can sense the bitterness in your post :)

You will win the spoon and may get FA reward for it :)

No, can you ring the bell for me mate.

Well the pies lost all there games from rounds 15-22 to gain the PP. If I recall they were about 4 goals up with 4 min left agaisnt the kangas and managed to lose that.

Still I will say this, there is no way the players tank. A lot of them are fighting for their careers.

what makes me care is the fact that carlton are denying they are tanking, its so obvious they are tanking, just admit it you gutless people

Better to accept losing culture than to lose and be in denial, Richmond style.

Plus, they get the Kruezer™
Look at what Hawthorn and Richmond did

Hawthorn tanked, embraced the draft and look where they are

No one remembers their poor 2004 and 2005; if they had won an extra game no one would have remembered that win but out of that year they have a genuine superstar in Lance Franklin

Look at what Richmond did in 2005, give themselves a false sense of security thinking they aren't far off it yet look them this year

Hawthorn used the system to their advantage and are now reaping the rewards, Richmond DID NOT use the system to their advantage and are now feeling the pain

Its funny to see some carlton fans trying to convince themselves they're not tanking.

t54tank.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back