Review Geelong Defeats Owen 13 Crows by 28 points

Remove this Banner Ad

The key advantage I see in Jenkins over Ratugolea is he's experience and I'd like to see how he goes playing alongside Hawkins, or at least in the same team

Watching yesterday's match, there was a passage of play that lead to a Hawkins mark in our forward 50 where Stanley was experienced enough to use his body to engage with O'Brien, stop him getting back into the hole & allowed a relatively easy mark to Hawkins - and done without causing too much interferences as too give away a free kicK

Surely Jenkins is experienced enough be able to do similar when needed, that with his experience you'd expect his opponents wouldn't drop off him too regularly without our mids noticing him & hitting him up etc

I'd also like to see how he'd go as a link up player and allowing us to isolate Hawkins as in the previous few games. I noticed yesterday that it was Hawkins up the ground a bit when we needed a making target between the wing & half forward area, that meant we didn't necessarily have a solid marking option up forward - so can Jenkins be that link up player because we don't get that enough from Ratugolea
My thoughts exactly 👍

Coaches Votes:

Adelaide v Geelong

10 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
8 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
3 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
3 Rhys Stanley (GEEL)
3 Matt Crouch (ADEL)
2 Sam Menegola (GEEL)
1 Rory Laird (ADEL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back