C Cameron Guthrie, Joel Selwood, Scott Selwood
HF Steven Motlop, Rhys Stanley, Mark Blicavs
F Lincoln McCarthy, Tom Hawkins, Jimmy Bartel
FOL Zac Smith, Patrick Dangerfield, Mitch Duncan
I/C Jed Bews, Josh Caddy, Josh Cowan, Sam Menegola
EMG Nakia Cockatoo, Shane Kersten, Tom Ruggles
NO CHANGE
IN Lachie Henderson, Jed Bews
OUT Daniel Menzel (Groin), Tom Ruggles (Omitted)

SYDNEY SWANS

B Dane Rampe, Aliir Aliir, Nick Smith
HB Harrison Marsh, Heath Grundy, Jeremy Laidler
C Jake Lloyd, Josh P. Kennedy, Isaac Heeney
HF George Hewett, Lance Franklin, Luke Parker
F Tom Papley, Kurt Tippett, Ben McGlynn
FOL Sam Naismith, Dan Hannebery, Kieren Jack
I/C Zak Jones, Tom Mitchell, Xavier Richards, Gary Rohan
EMG Harry Cunningham, Toby Nankervis, James Rose
NO CHANGE
IN Kurt Tippett, Zak Jones
OUT Toby Nankervis (Omitted), Jarrad McVeigh (Calf)

Swans are the worst possible match up for the Cats.

If you want to call the backline's a wash, our forward firepower is far greater than Geelong's.

Dangerfield and Selwood may end up 1/2 through the middle but we'll have the next 5. If Mitchell can do the job on Dangerfield again, Cats are in huge trouble.

I just cant see where a winning Geelong score comes from. If the Swans show up, they'll win.

Last edited:

Cats have the ability to throw Taylor or Henderson forward if need be. Our 2nd tier midfielders are underrated as usual and will whipe these arrogant campaigners off the park. If geelong were a magic trick, Dangerfield and selwood would be the hand which distracts whilst Duncan, Guthrie and menengola get the job done. Expect it to be close to half time with geelong ever do slowly pushing away due to our superior fitness and the last two games catching up with Sydney

Cats have the ability to throw Taylor or Henderson forward if need be. Our 2nd tier midfielders are underrated as usual and will whipe these arrogant campaigners off the park. If geelong were a magic trick, Dangerfield and selwood would be the hand which distracts whilst Duncan, Guthrie and menengola get the job done. Expect it to be close to half time with geelong ever do slowly pushing away due to our superior fitness and the last two games catching up with Sydney

What superior fitness?

I respect the Cats but feeling confident that we match up well and can get a win here. Swans by 18.

What superior fitness?

I respect the Cats but feeling confident that we match up well and can get a win here. Swans by 18.
You'll know what I mean when you see it. We comprehensively run over teams in the last quarter. ~200%+ is our score in the last this year

I can finally enjoy sitting down for a Preliminary Final not involving Hawthorn for once without having a heart attack. :oops::D

The first 15 mintues of this game will tell us who's on and who's not.

For the Swans Gary Rohan is an x-factor. He doesn't need a lot of the ball to be an impactful player. He's a damaging player who can break games open with his run and creativity. He's had a career best season and when he plays well generally the Swans win.

For Geelong Josh Caddy is the player that seems to get under the guard of a lot of teams over the past couple of seasons. He does everything very well, wins plenty of the ball, solid in the midfield with his work around the stoppages and clearances, kicks goals at crucial times and can be the difference again here tonight.

It's hard to predict a winner in this game.

Geelong could come out flat and Sydney might pounce or Geelong could put their foot down and win by plenty.

I think for Sydney to win they really have to be in front at three quarter time to give themselves a chance. If Geelong have their noses in front it will be hard for the Swans to peg back the lead.

Franklin vs Lonergan will be a decisive dual that could ultimately decide the outcome of this game.

Geelong by 8 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You weren't playing our backline every week.

I don't see any reason this doesn't go the same way as last time out.

We will see.

We have six changes from that night and five of them are by choice, strengthening our team (Menzel sadly absent).

The Swans game rounded out a 3-4 win-loss ratio between rounds 9 and 16. Aside from those seven weeks we are 15-1 for the rest of the year.

We had key players out of form then who are now in form.

It is folly to assume the result of one game will simply follow the trend of the most recent one.

Last year we comfortably accounted for you at KP. That match has as much relevance as round 16 does on tonight - eg very little.

Geelong in a canter, won't be surprised if it blows out beyond 100. If you can get more than $1.04 for the Cats then cash in those property deeds and make some bank.

I can finally enjoy sitting down for a Preliminary Final not involving Hawthorn for once without having a heart attack. :oops::D

The first 15 mintues of this game will tell us who's on and who's not.

For the Swans Gary Rohan is an x-factor. He doesn't need a lot of the ball to be an impactful player. He's a damaging player who can break games open with his run and creativity. He's had a career best season and when he plays well generally the Swans win.

For Geelong Josh Caddy is the player that seems to get under the guard of a lot of teams over the past couple of seasons. He does everything very well, wins plenty of the ball, solid in the midfield with his work around the stoppages and clearances, kicks goals at crucial times and can be the difference again here tonight.

It's hard to predict a winner in this game.

Geelong could come out flat and Sydney might pounce or Geelong could put their foot down and win by plenty.

I think for Sydney to win they really have to be in front at three quarter time to give themselves a chance. If Geelong have their noses in front it will be hard for the Swans to peg back the lead.

Franklin vs Lonergan will be a decisive dual that could ultimately decide the outcome of this game.

Geelong by 8 points
The last 5 prelims were torture.

Still wish we were playing though.

Quietly confident swans win well tonight.
Looking forward to seeing how Aliir and Rohan go and of course buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back