Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take one of Higgins or Steven but please don't trade anything more than a late 2nd.
Please don't lose Chook or Cocky for either of these two.

Higgins is contracted for 2020.

Selwood is great mates with Jarry Geary - he may be friends or friendly with Steven but not sure if he (Steven) came to Geelong if it would have any impact on Joel & seeing out his contract
Yeah I heard Jack was a surfing buddy with Danger and Lukey Dahl but not sure

Yeah I heard Jack was a surfing buddy with Danger and Lukey Dahl but not sure

It would seem to make more sense for him to be mates with someone like Danger - they were teammates at the Falcons, and both being from the Surf Coast region with a love of surfing, would have given them something to bond over when younger.

That I cant answer... he has been shown on vid rucking but coming back off the knee ... Id suspect he would come back slowly. He has always been a player who has spent time forward anyway..
The 14 goals probably attest to that but an average of 7 hitouts sounds like he has a very long road ahead of him.

Higgins is contracted for 2020.
Contracted or not, both terrific players and would add something to our list but at what cost?
At some stage the Cats recruitment of mature age players who in JS case has missed nearly a full year of footy will potentially tip out youth like Constable and Narkle due to not getting enough game time. Would prefer to see both Higgins and Steven end their careers at their respective clubs.
If the cats can negotiate to get one cheaply (2nd-3rd rd) then so be it. Otherwise topping up our youth with rd 1 picks should be a priority especially if we could land another Jordan Clarke type.

Contracted or not, both terrific players and would add something to our list but at what cost?

I have no idea mate.

There appears to be sections of the AFL media that believes AFL clubs are in the business of gifting Geelong premierships.

It's bizarre.

IMO, this stuff is heavily player agent driven, or just plain made up.

I have no idea mate.

There appears to be sections of the AFL media that believes AFL clubs are in the business of gifting Geelong premierships.

It's bizarre.

What's more bizarre is a foreign poster coming to our threads and making unsubstantiated claims such at "gifting Geelong premierships"

Just read this take off the Higgins situation on Facebook - someone suggested it's because he wants a 2-year extension but North will only offer a 1-year, or maybe not everyone likes the new coach:

EXCLUSIVE:
North Melbourne’s Shaun Higgins is set to request a trade at the end of the season.

Geelong are the early front-runners to lure Higgins.

North are melting at the thought of losing Higgins for 2nd rd pick but thats all hes worth....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of Higgins or Steven, maybe. Both, definitely not.

If a Cat fan woke up from a 3-year coma on Saturday and was told, ‘wait till you see this guy drafted from Western Australia, Brownlow favourite’ they probably would have thought you were talking about Narkle after watching Saturday night.

Let’s give these guys a go.

If a Cat fan woke up from a 3-year coma on Saturday and was told, ‘wait till you see this guy drafted from Western Australia, Brownlow favourite’ they probably would have thought you were talking about Narkle after watching Saturday night.

If Kelly goes.. I could see yes looking at Steven. If Ablett retires .. then yes we can look and probably do look at both in this era of it all about now... heaven help being a kid trying to break in...

Steven is very different player to Kelly. Higgins 32 at the start of next year... he better be a give away pick.

I have no idea mate.

It's bizarre.

We are talking about a player you got thru FA aren't we ? As in costing you nothing.

As far as im concerned.. contract players have an obligation to meet their contract if the clubs wants them to. ..so unless North want it to happen he stays..

Exactly. Save the cash for Cameron the year after. His type for free (trade wise) is unmeasurable

Happy maybe for Stevens on the cheap but no real interest in Higgins. We need to hit the draft this year as a matter of urgency. Play the numbers game and have a glut of midfielders in the hope we have a top 5 player in the league to replace the huge whole Danger, Sel and Duncan are going to create.

I have no idea mate.

It's bizarre.

Are you thick or something?
**** off, you're not welcome on this board.

North are melting at the thought of losing Higgins for 2nd rd pick but thats all hes worth....
Interesting some of the valuations they're placing on him.

Sounds very much liked a tactic to get the extension he wants rather than a genuine play for a trade

There are rumours around that Ben King wants out this year ...... if we end up with 3r1 picks ... he is one player I would be willing to trade R1's for ...
Part of me wants that to not happen. We can't have Gold Coast gifting sides double digit boosts to percentage week in week out

Exactly. Save the cash for Cameron the year after. His type for free (trade wise) is unmeasurable

Happy maybe for Stevens on the cheap but no real interest in Higgins. We need to hit the draft this year as a matter of urgency. Play the numbers game and have a glut of midfielders in the hope we have a top 5 player in the league to replace the huge whole Danger, Sel and Duncan are going to create.
Chook can be that player. We just need to play him rather than helicopter in 30 year olds to take his spot

Look at the Cash for Coniglio... and Cameron would be looking at something similar .. 1.3M pa .. and who knows how many years he will want .. 5 min is my bet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back