List Mgmt. Has their been any players that haven’t gone to their preferred destination?

Remove this Banner Ad

WillJaffa32

Senior List
Jul 27, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Has their ever been a player to not go to their preferred destination? If so, name them below!

It is pretty rare.
O'keefe at the swans wanted out and it didn't happen, which worked out well for him in the end.
Gibbs didn't get to the Crows last year.

I know it’s rare, but I meant players that nominated a club but went to a different club instead. This is more related to hope that we can get Stringer despite him nominating (well pretty much) Essendon

I still find it curious that Stringer hasn't yet officially nominated Essendon, whereas the media has been calling it a done deal for days now.

All the others have officially nominated their preference, why not Stringer?

I still find it curious that Stringer hasn't yet officially nominated Essendon, whereas the media has been calling it a done deal for days now.

All the others have officially nominated their preference, why not Stringer?

He will today.

On topic, Deledio nominated us last year and ended up at GWS.

I think we are still feeling the affects of getting Dangerfield/Henderson/Smith (Not that thats a bad thing), what I mean by that is we gave up two years worth of picks to get them and we have sought have been 1 year behind since, then Tuohy came up last year we had to go after him, then Ablett this year, until we have a year where we can sit back and not have to wheel and deal, we are going to struggle trade period.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently not - his manager is stating that he will think about it over the weekend.

I still find it very curious.

Yes I heard that too, it is interesting, he met with the bombers Tuesday wasn’t it? And it was then that his manager said expect an announcement in 24-48 hours, now he needs the weekend to think it over?

Apparently not - his manager is stating that he will think about it over the weekend.

I still find it very curious.

I wonder if this is a result of Saaaaaad and Smith nominating the bombers and they now not being able to meet the financial aspect of their "deal-in-principle"?
Would make sense if they only thought they were a chance at those 3 and didn't expect ALL 3 to nominate them.
Or it has nothing to do with any of that.

Luke Ball. Got their in the end but only after he went in the draft and the Saints took it in the end.

Saints cost themselves pick 30. Gawn, Astbury, Sam Ried and Bundy were in the next 10 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back