News I've Turned off the Channel 7 Commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres no bigger guarantee in footy commentary than this:

If Collingwood are within 5 goals at 3/4 time, Cameron Ling with all of his wisdom will tell the viewers "Collingwood have to take the game on now. Gotta risk losing the game by several goals if they want a chance to win it. No point playing safe."

EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.
This time next year he will be a member of the Collingwood cheer squad

Theres no bigger guarantee in footy commentary than this:

If Collingwood are within 5 goals at 3/4 time, Cameron Ling with all of his wisdom will tell the viewers "Collingwood have to take the game on now. Gotta risk losing the game by several goals if they want a chance to win it. No point playing safe."

EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

His comments need to be in capitals and you’ve nailed it.
Why the * does he yell when he talks????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roaving Brian sums up their self obsessed wank fest of a commentry team.

At least the AM stations just call the game

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

The commentary can be annoying at times but mostly we can just watch the action ourselves.

TV doesnt need to call the game as accurately as radio because we can see the screen. I do like them hyping things up as long as they get player names right.

No idea how you couldn't enjoy BT.

Who do you enjoy listening to in your fortress of solitude?
Suit yourself and sit there and enjoy quietly. Who's this sitting next to you by the way? How do you know this young man? Oh boy.

As I'm positive all of you will find this news life-changing, I've opted to post this fantastic personal event on the main board.

After many years of toying with the idea, I've finally done it. As of the 7 minute mark of the 1st term, I've been watching the match attentively, in complete silence. That's right, I pressed the 'mute' button on my TV remote.

No more of Bruce's bulls**t. No more "boy oh boy." No more of that cheating scumbag. And most importantly, no more Cameron ******* Ling.

My only regret is not hitting the mute button earlier; the simultaneous feeling of relief & pleasure is analogous to unleashing a massive fart upon getting home from work on a Friday afternoon.

Well done!

I got home late from work last night, turned the game on & pretty much the first words I heard were Bruce saying something to the effect of "arent all Eddies (McGuire) boys handsome"....

Now I'm not going to go on some homophobic rant, I couldn't gaf what Bruce's inclinations are about anything really, but w.t.f. does the physical appearance of Eddie McGuire's children have to do with a Friday Night Football game?

Anyway I switched off their bullshit a few years ago, it's radio or bust for me when I sit down to watch a game as there are some good callers out there, music can work well also & if golden silence works for you, I can dig it!

Bruce honestly makes me feel uncomfortable at least once or twice a game now. He is so cringe that I just feel embarrassed for him. Why the hell would he comment on Eddie McGuires good looking boys during a footy match?? And the fact nobody in the box even acknowledged he said it means they were probably weirded out by the comment too .

Surely he'll retire or be pushed out at the end of the season. I dred having to listen to that campaigner anymore.

I watched the game but kept switching over to the NRL game on channel 9 to keep an eye on the score. Every time I turned back the AFL game, I couldn’t believe how quiet the crowd noise was.
The NRL game had about a quarter of the crowd of the AFL game but it had a great atmosphere coming through the telecast..
The contrast was incredible, I ended up watching the NRL game because it was simply far better viewing and the commentary was enjoyable..

I think Hamish is auditioning to host little big shots (Seen the adds, don't watch) when they say the
Oz kick interview is coming up I turn off the television turning down the sound is not enough, is it ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back