Traded Jack Bowes [Traded to Geelong with #7 for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

No offence, but I don't believe there is any concentrate evidence of the media pushing Bowes to Geelong, the latest reports suggest he will nominate the club that rate him and his playing ability more than the pick 7 'sweetner' and apparently Geelong and Chris Scott have done a good job convincing him he will have a place in their best 22.

Your post does seem a bit of sour grapes/jealousy tbh

The bold bit ispure specualtion from the Cats fans and the media, its a lobby.

As for the last bit, take it that way if you like, Im a big boy, but you're only 50% right.

No sour grapes when nothing has happened. Jealous of the media obsession on Geelong after 1 flag though! Must be nice. They hated it every time we signed a player when we had just won 3 in a row.

It's the media, it's Whateley, it's Hocking, it's the farms, it's 'insert most recent Geelong boogeyman here'.

The kid will pick whoever he wants to play for, there's no grand conspiracy at work here.

Your words. Im not claiming some grand conspiracy, just that the Twomey, Ralph, Korn, Lloyd et al really want Geelong to win every trade. Its pretty clear. It is what it is.

Your words. Im not claiming some grand conspiracy, just that the Twomey, Ralph, Korn, Lloyd et al really want Geelong to win every trade. Its pretty clear. It is what it is.
Twomey - Bombers
Ralph - tigers
Kornes - power
Lloyd - bombres

Why would they want Geelong to win every trade?

A month ago, Geelong couldn't win a flag because their team couldn't hold up to finals. Now they must be cheating to try and squeeze all those champion players under the cap.

I like Zach Guthrie as much as everyone else, but he isn't on that much yet!

A month ago, Geelong couldn't win a flag because their team couldn't hold up to finals. Now they must be cheating to try and squeeze all those champion players under the cap.

I like Zach Guthrie as much as everyone else, but he isn't on that much yet!
Well no offence but they did get a little slap on the wrist a couple of years for “accounting errors” so it’s valid question

Well no offence but they did get a little slap on the wrist a couple of years for “accounting errors” so it’s valid question
Do you know what it was even for?

Rhetorical question.

It was for the manner with which GST on management fees was recorded.

In layman’s terms. A minuscule transgression that’ll have had next to no bearing on the ability to remain under the cap.

Yes I am aware of what it was for it was just a cheeky little dig
Well then the serious answer would be that the 11 over 30 people kept referencing as why we’d not win will precisely be why in the next 2-3 trade period we can lure players.

Lots of retiree cash to splash the next couple of years

Not to mention everyone @ Fox Footy (Laughton, Zita, Waterworth)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not in the running. It's been narrowed down to Cats & Hawks.
According to whom? Reported where? The only people who seem to think this are Hawthorne fans.

I'm not saying he won't be at those clubs, but the media seem to disagree about Essendon being out of the running.

According to whom? Reported where? The only people who seem to think this are Hawthorne fans.

I'm not saying he won't be at those clubs, but the media seem to disagree about Essendon being out of the running.
Media?

You mean Twomey (Dons Cheerleader)

Media?

You mean Twomey (Dons Cheerleader)
And Ralph, who hates us, Sam Edmund, and anyone who's actually reported on the story.

So yeah, the media. The only people who are saying that Essendon are out of the running are Hawthorne fans. Show me a mainstream media report that says Essendon are out of the running.

And Ralph, who hates us, Sam Edmund, and anyone who's actually reported on the story.

So yeah, the media. The only people who are saying that Essendon are out of the running are Hawthorne fans. Show me a mainstream media report that says Essendon are out of the running.
Dons and hawks keen to land pick 7 to either add an undersized mid or a sickly thin defender…

So yeah, the media. The only people who are saying that Essendon are out of the running are Hawthorne fans. Show me a mainstream media report that says Essendon are out of the running
No, I don't care about Essendon, and its been widely reported multiple times that its mostly down to Cats / Hawks

Its Cats or Hawks

No, I don't care about Essendon, and its been widely reported multiple times that its mostly down to Cats / Hawks

Its Cats or Hawks
No, it hasn't. It's been said by Hawthorne fans. If it's been widely reported you'd be able to show me one single report of anyone in the media saying so.

The club with the most salary cap space is out of the running?
Righto, think I will wait for official word thanks.
I don’t think Essendon are out of the running, but I also don’t think you’d have the most cap space, when McEvoy, Gunston, Shiels and likely Tom all go off the books this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back