Traded Jack Higgins [Traded to St Kilda with #21 and a Future 4th Round Pick for #17 and a Future 2nd Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You will have to pry 17 out of Gag’s cold, dead hands.

Just take the L on this one Tiges fans, your not the first and certainly won’t be the last team we have had our way with during the trade period.
with 1100 posts in 15 years looks like trade time is the only time you follow football. fryman looks like been fried with trades

I would hold onto him if I were the Tigers, unless saints make a big offer. High pick, tracking well, despite some obvious setbacks, few years of development in him and probably about to enter his prime. You want to hold onto players at this point in their career if you can IMO.
Blair Hartley has publicly said we will match and force a trade

with 1100 posts in 15 years looks like trade time is the only time you follow football. fryman looks like been fried with trades
Hey, appreciate the detective work.

It’s the first time I’ve ever seen someone try to embarrass someone for not posting enough on here.

I always thought people with tens of thousands of posts on here were sad losers with too much free time, but I can see I was mistaken.

Interesting - Orazio Fantasia small forward - contracted, av 1.4 goals a game across an 80 game career - and apparently Pick 29 is considered over paying.

As I said - interesting!!!

Interesting - Orazio Fantasia small forward - contracted, av 1.4 goals a game across an 80 game career - and apparently Pick 29 is considered over paying.

Then go after Fantasia.

Don’t think Richmond are appreciating the lack of a fair trade offer put on the table by the saints after what transpired with Butler last year, I think we might actually stand firm on this one.

Hey, appreciate the detective work.

It’s the first time I’ve ever seen someone try to embarrass someone for not posting enough on here.

I always thought people with tens of thousands of posts on here were sad losers with too much free time, but I can see I was mistaken.
Thats because you never here !!! averaging 1.5 posts a week but seem to ramp up at trade time 97% o posts are within a 2 week window every year
maybe you logged onto the wrong account so you can troll this thread with your 1 liners.

Regarding the the of thousands comments you have made 16 just today so at this rate you would get to 30,000 in just 6 years
so this may make you the record breaking loser.

No need to be a detective as your post qnty is under your user name

You’re more of a feeder club for us.
That's funny because we see you as more of a dumping ground but hey, whatever floats your boat. Cant chat I have a LOT of silverware to polish. I'd ask you for some tips but...really you'd be using rust guard by now wouldn't you ?

Don’t think Richmond are appreciating the lack of a fair trade offer put on the table by the saints after what transpired with Butler last year, I think we might actually stand firm on this one.
Last year where St Kilda gave what was deemed an appropriate pick for an out of contract player who knew mid season his future wasn't going to be at Richmond?

You dont get more for Higgins because Butler played better this year than anyone expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jye Caldwell might be a better comparison as they are both 1st rounders and similar age. But Jack has played 4 times more games

Don’t hate us because our player development gets the most out of the players we bring in.
Let's have a chat about player development shall we ? 6 rookie list players in our last THREE flags plus two off the supps lists. All playing regular senior football and some of them dual and triple premiership plauers. How is your player development going again ? Lols

Last edited:
Let's have a chat about player development shall we ? 6 rookie list players in our last THREE flags plus two off the supps lists. How is your player development going ? Lols
There’s always the odd muppet who takes tongue in cheek banter seriously.

A couple of you Tigers fans need to learn how to take a gentle ribbing. You would think after THREE flags you’d be a little less precious, but here we are.

Last year where St Kilda gave what was deemed an appropriate pick for an out of contract player who knew mid season his future wasn't going to be at Richmond?

You dont get more for Higgins because Butler played better this year than anyone expected.
Exactly and your clubs list managaer said it brilliantly after the trade was done.
" We like to thank Richmond for their patience in waiting around and accepting which ever pick we had left"

Butler was either going to be traded or would have spent 2020 playing reserves for Richmond so it was good to get it done and i dont believe you would find 1 richmond person that was not happy to see him do well at the saints.

Last edited:
Im taking offence to that comment as i was born in 1966
As was I GUN ! Xmas Day 1966 to be exact. Which coincidentally was also 900 years to the day that William the Conqueror was crowned on the site of Westminster Cathedral in 1066 (only slightly longer than Saints last flag).

There’s always the odd muppet who takes tongue in cheek banter seriously.

A couple of you Tigers fans need to learn how to take a gentle ribbing. You would think after THREE flags you’d be a little less precious, but here we are.
I notice this a lot. Now you're walking back your comments because they were called out for the total rubbish they were.

It was just a little brain surgery guys, what’s the big deal?

Proves he has a brain, which would make him a bit of a novelty down at Moorabbin/Seaford/where ever they are this year.

Exactly and your clubs list managaer said it brilliantly after the trade was done.
" We like to thank Richmond for their patience in waiting around and accepting which ever pick we had left"

Butler was either going to be traded or would have spent 2020 playing reserves for Richmond so it was good to get it done and i dont believe you would find 1 richmond person that was not happy to see him do well at the saints.
Agreed. Loved Butts and he will always be a premiership prince at Richmond. But he wasn't going to get a game and I'm happy to see him doing well at Saints. However Higgins is in a different category. First round pick. Smashed his draft year stats wise and has played nearly 50 senior games in the best squad over the last few years. Two lots of brain surgery so this year was always just about getting back out on the ground. He still managed 10 games and the club would be happy how he's tracking. We have senior mids coming up for retirement and he slots straight in. Compare his stats to any of the top 10 in his draft year and he's ahead of most of them. Jack's only problem is that there's a traffic jam at Richmond. I will be very happy if we keep him. But we won't. We will do the right thing because he's a great kid and he wants to play now. Anyone talking him down doesn't know a good footballer from their elbow.

Back