Traded Jack Steven [traded to Geelong for #58]

Remove this Banner Ad

A 3rd Rounder is about what he's worth quite frankly. Or a upgrade of 20 odd positions (36 for 56) at a stretch.
More than enough for a 29yo with issues, that they haven't been able to get onto the park all year.
Time to just move on, as he's days at St.Kilda have ended.
Cheers!
That's ridiculous.

I have been on this train of thought as well that his value is very low but it does depend on how high Geelong’s interest is. The article suggests they are heavily into him still in which case he still has a bit of value.

For me...

It's either gonna be hold on to him and pay him $700-800k with the hope he gets onto the park
OR...
Cut our losses, use the $800k on a free agent, add a young bloke at pick 40-50 or even grab a Cats player along with a pick and reload.

Value has tanked this year, why would St Kilda entertain a trade unless absolutely essential?
Because he's been a terrific servant of our club but has been battling issues for sometime. I think the club will have his best interests at mind and will try and help him out.

They won't be letting him go for a 3rd round pick though. That's madness.

Value has tanked this year, why would St Kilda entertain a trade unless absolutely essential?

Pretty Simple... Money.
Pretty clear that they can't get him on the park this year... even to increase his value for what its worth.
So in saying that it...
Frees up cash for any Free Agent they want to pursue or on any young guns they need to overpay to hold.

Pretty Simple... Money.
Pretty clear that they can't get him on the park this year... even to increase his value for what its worth.
So in saying that it...
Frees up cash for any Free Agent they want to pursue or on any young guns they need to overpay to hold.
Money isn't an issue at the club. There's plenty if cash available but still unable to attract stars. We won't be trading away our best player to free up cap space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 3rd Rounder is about what he's worth quite frankly. Or a upgrade of 20 odd positions (36 for 56) at a stretch.
More than enough for a 29yo with issues, that they haven't been able to get onto the park all year.
Time to just move on, as he's days at St.Kilda have ended.
Cheers!
I think a pick in the mid twenties would be fair for both clubs it’s a slight risk but you would be getting a player that still has 3-4 years of quality playing left who will thrive not getting the same amount of opposition attention the club would not let him go for a 3rd rounder we would hold him to his contract for next season!

Money isn't an issue at the club. There's plenty if cash available but still unable to attract stars. We won't be trading away our best player to free up cap space.

We shall see. Sit back relax and watch it all unfold.
FWIW Stars isn't what u guys need, just a few strategic pieces.
Adding Adam Tomlinson, Alex Keath & Riley Bonner... would be more beneficial to the team than just one STAR IMO.

We shall see. Sit back relax and watch it all unfold.
FWIW Stars isn't what u guys need, just a few strategic pieces.
Adding Adam Tomlinson, Alex Keath & Riley Bonner... would be more beneficial to the team than just one STAR IMO.
We can add all those without giving away our best player for next to nothing.

As I said earlier, the club will look to help him out no doubt and will take unders but expecting to get him for a pick in the 40's or 50's is ridiculous. It's not helping us one bit, as much as you keep telling us it would.

I think a pick in the mid twenties would be fair for both clubs it’s a slight risk but you would be getting a player that still has 3-4 years of quality playing left who will thrive not getting the same amount of opposition attention the club would not let him go for a 3rd rounder we would hold him to his contract for next season!

Gotta laugh. He cant even get onto the park now.... and u say he has 3-4 quality years left??
U should be selling used cars my friend.
Going by this years output and inability to play more than 4 games, pick 54 is coming your way.
I'll just sit back and watch it all unfold. Lucky for us we don't have a pick in the 20's is all i can say.
Cheers mate.

We can add all those without giving away our best player for next to nothing.

As I said earlier, the club will look to help him out no doubt and will take unders but expecting to get him for a pick in the 40's or 50's is ridiculous. It's not helping us one bit, as much as you keep telling us it would.

Was... not anymore i'm afraid.

Gotta laugh. He cant even get onto the park now.... and u say he has 3-4 quality years left??
U should be selling used cars my friend.
Going by this years output and inability to play more than 4 games, pick 54 is coming your way.
I'll just sit back and watch it all unfold. Lucky for us we don't have a pick in the 20's is all i can say.
Cheers mate.
Why are Geelong chasing him then if they aren't confident they'll get a decent amount of footy from him??

You guys will end up with a lot more than what you have now after Kelly leaves.

Why are Geelong chasing him then if they aren't confident they'll get a decent amount of footy from him??

You guys will end up with a lot more than what you have now after Kelly leaves.

Probably the welfare of a mate of a few players and coaches of the GFC i would guess... Who knows.
Who says Kelly is leaving?? Ralph?? Barrett?? McClure??

Probably the welfare of a mate of a few players and coaches of the GFC i would guess... Who knows.
Who says Kelly is leaving?? Ralph?? Barrett?? McClure??
Yes, I'm sure you are chasing Jack Steven and willing to pay him a new contract just because he has a few mates at Geelong and you want to help him out...

I say Kelly is leaving.

I hope the tigers make an enquiry and offer a second rounder to keep Geelong honest.

Our welfare and culture is second to none on the league atm so maybe Steven would be happy to play for us?

If he wants to get out of Victoria, he would add some nice class and maturity that a young Suns team is screaming out for.

But if he has a chance to move to a team in the premiership window that he knows he can get his head right with, more likely to go there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back