Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I do think that the trade is going to happen. Not really worried about that (even if it doesn't happen), but I'm highlighting how badly the Bulldogs have handled this whole situation.

We've had issues with trading players who request a trade in the past, but we've always maintained a position of receiving some form of compensation that would satisfy us, even if we hold out until the last day. We knew for example that Port and St Kilda could offer something better so we called their bluff.

Where Bulldogs completely failed is that they tried to play the same game with a club that has 2 other trades to do, both of which are also eyeing pick 11. Both players had multiple clubs chasing them, with one of them open to going to other Victorian clubs. We can't afford to just sit there on our hands waiting for Bulldogs to make up their minds.

So for the Dogs supporters that are blaming Connors, Stringer, Essendon or anyone else, just look at how badly the club has handled it. They've turned a "make the most of it" situation into a lose-lose scenario.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I'm perplexed - why have you and other Essendon fans suddenly gone apeshit at this news? It was always on the cards that the trade would be difficult and maybe even that it would fall over. No point blaming the Bulldogs for that - we haven't acted in bad faith and neither has Essendon from what I can tell. Chances are that Stringer will find a new home and it's no skin off Essendon's nose if he doesn't. Essendon hasn't got anything to lose, so just chill.

YOU'RE BACK!!!

I was worried the hole you dug for yourself had no exit, I am pleased.:)

Cobber, There are no flies on you. ;)

Am enjoying this negotiation ... at present just enjoying the Bomber melts after the gloats, and the Dog melts earlier today have been awesome.

A truly enjoyable trade thread.

Still another day to go.

This is jackets' time to shine, where he rolls his sleeves up and goes to work. It's why we love him.

sensible
As I see it, WB have 5 options tomorrow, as follows, in order of preference -
1. Get WC deal for pick 13 done and trade Stringer to Essendon (now, if McClure is to be believed, could be out of play)
2. Do same deal with Carlton for their pick 16 (from Adelaide for Gibbs) and trade Stringer to Essendon
3. Trade Stringer to Carlton for pick 16 (needs Stringer's consent, which is still possible)
4. Trade Stringer to Essendon for picks 25 & 30 and hang on to those picks.
5. Keep Stringer at the WB.

Essendon, on the other hand, have the following options, roughly in order of preference -
1. Get Stringer from WB for picks 25 & 30 under one of options 1,2 or 4 above.
2. Trade 25 &30 to Carlton (for them to use to get Kennedy from GWS) for Carlton's pick 16 and hang on to pick 16 for the draft (This is WB option 3 above, but without the Stringer to Essendon on the end)
3. Use one of picks 25 or 30 to get Kennedy from GWS.
4. Hang on to picks 25 & 30 and go to the draft.

Timing will be everything. As soon as, for example, Carlton secures Kennedy somehow, the Carlton options for both WB and Essendon disappear, as they won't want to trade out pick 16. As soon as Essendon used a pick on Kennedy, WB are left with only Stringer to Carlton or keep him.
You wouldn't want to wait too long, as WB did with the original offer, as options could disappear very quickly tomorrow.

The interesting thing from the WB point of view is that, if they rule out option 5 as unsatisfactory, then 3 of the other 4 options all start with trading Stringer to Essendon for picks 25 and 30. So do they do that first thing tomorrow and then work on which of 1,2 or 4 they can get done, or do they risk missing out on any of their first 4 options?

If I was in Dodoro's shoes, I would go straight to Carlton and take their pick 16 if they will be in it.

Is there anyone on here who is good at matrix diagrams? They would have a good time drawing this up.

25+30 would get them Kennedy and Lang and then 16 for Stringer
Yep - perhaps even 28 & 30.

Our other deals seem to have fallen through unless we're still looking at a completely separate deal to get WCE's 2018 first rounder using our pick 9 & our remaining 2nd round pick.

As I see it, WB have 5 options tomorrow, as follows, in order of preference -
1. Get WC deal for pick 13 done and trade Stringer to Essendon (now, if McClure is to be believed, could be out of play)
2. Do same deal with Carlton for their pick 16 (from Adelaide for Gibbs) and trade Stringer to Essendon
3. Trade Stringer to Carlton for pick 16 (needs Stringer's consent, which is still possible)
4. Trade Stringer to Essendon for picks 25 & 30 and hang on to those picks.
5. Keep Stringer at the WB.

Essendon, on the other hand, have the following options, roughly in order of preference -
1. Get Stringer from WB for picks 25 & 30 under one of options 1,2 or 4 above.
2. Trade 25 &30 to Carlton (for them to use to get Kennedy from GWS) for Carlton's pick 16 and hang on to pick 16 for the draft (This is WB option 3 above, but without the Stringer to Essendon on the end)
3. Use one of picks 25 or 30 to get Kennedy from GWS.
4. Hang on to picks 25 & 30 and go to the draft.

Timing will be everything. As soon as, for example, Carlton secures Kennedy somehow, the Carlton options for both WB and Essendon disappear, as they won't want to trade out pick 16. As soon as Essendon used a pick on Kennedy, WB are left with only Stringer to Carlton or keep him.
You wouldn't want to wait too long, as WB did with the original offer, as options could disappear very quickly tomorrow.

The interesting thing from the WB point of view is that, if they rule out option 5 as unsatisfactory, then 3 of the other 4 options all start with trading Stringer to Essendon for picks 25 and 30. So do they do that first thing tomorrow and then work on which of 1,2 or 4 they can get done, or do they risk missing out on any of their first 4 options?

If I was in Dodoro's shoes, I would go straight to Carlton and take their pick 16 if they will be in it.

Is there anyone on here who is good at matrix diagrams? They would have a good time drawing this up.
It’s really as simple as ‘where does stringer want to go?’

If he’s set on Essendon he will get there for 25 and 30.

If he’s happy to go to another club (which I reckon is unlikely given his behavior with Geelong) then that club is going to have to interview, negotiate and execute a contract with him in the next two days. That in and of itself would be hard even if he were in the country.

Once players nominate a club they usually eat there. The rest is theatre.

Dogs aren’t keeping him.

25+30 would get them Kennedy and Lang and then 16 for Stringer

We might ask for p10...SOS ain't doing that though.

Dodoro the master may just go Woosh and trade for 16 direct with Carlton and tell us 16 or GAGF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW pick 16 = 1,067 points.

25 = 756 points
28 = 677 points
30 = 629 points

Any combo gives Carlton a surplus

FWIW pick 16 = 1,067 points.

25 = 756 points
28 = 677 points
30 = 629 points

Any combo gives Carlton a surplus

It should be ten but it won't be.

Hahaha, now the Bombers have to mooch in on the Blues/GWS/Dogs trade to get Stringer. Would be funny as * if Stringer ok'd a move to the Blues and we go direct for 16.

Again, you are either lying or have NFI.
We have J-Mac as list manager who reports to Chris Grant, our head of football. He, Dal & Bevo make up a panel and discuss trades and list management.

If you have alternate information and sources please post it, it's amazing how one McClure tweet has sent you into a tizz though.

Not sure how I’m in a tizz, I’ve been saying it all week if you’d like to go back through the thread.

Gordon told them he was to approve the Stringer trade, and he vetoed the deal. Moronic move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back