Maxi and Yakker's Fishing Hole!

Remove this Banner Ad

55981D36-CE86-42BA-A7A1-D34EAFBEB332.jpeg 7829206A-C8D2-40A2-B763-42C27747B31B.jpeg
The boys caught one each the day before using the same method. Bream are great for kids because you use light tackle and they put up a good fight.

Good lads. That was a nice pair of healthy chubby bream. They will have enjoyed the resultant feed.
We caught and released those. I caught the four I pictured in an earlier post the next day and had baked bream on the Weber for the next four nights. Wrapped in tinfoil with garlic, butter, spring onion, capsicum, salt and pepper. Very nice.

We caught and released those. I caught the four I pictured in an earlier post the next day and had baked bream on the Weber for the next four nights. Wrapped in tinfoil with garlic, butter, spring onion, capsicum, salt and pepper. Very nice.

Nice. Caught two at Paynesville last week and adapted an Anthony Bourdain recipe for baking snapper - garlic, onion, dill, bit of preserved lemon capsicum and par boiled spuds, splash of white wine and ersatz veggie stock (flavoured with left over juices from braised fennel). Cooked under foil (but in the oven) and finished under the top element.

Made a nice gelatinous stock from the left over bones. For some reason I don't understand bream frames always seem to make great stock.

... and thanks Harvey Manfrenjensenden for your continued postings. The mud crab episode has persuaded me to lunch in Chinatown today where I will happily go bankrupt.

Nice. Caught two at Paynesville last week and adapted an Anthony Bourdain recipe for baking snapper - garlic, onion, dill, bit of preserved lemon capsicum and par boiled spuds, splash of white wine and ersatz veggie stock (flavoured with left over juices from braised fennel). Cooked under foil (but in the oven) and finished under the top element.

Made a nice gelatinous stock from the left over bones. For some reason I don't understand bream frames always seem to make great stock.

... and thanks Harvey Manfrenjensenden for your continued postings. The mud crab episode has persuaded me to lunch in Chinatown today where I will happily go bankrupt.
NICE!

Got out to the reef on saturday
28681DC4-8E31-415E-B5AE-BC78F714E720.jpeg Had an awesome long weekend with some decent reefies landed

current was ripping along so was tough going but at least we got a feed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m heading to the Cape in Oct to do this

Fast fwd past his ramblings and watch from his first cast , God’s country

love going up north for a fish
i head up to fnq nearly every year
tuna, mackerel, trout, cod
paradise :hearteyes:

Got an 81cm flatty yesty and a 79cm today along with a soccer ball sized puffer fish

I’ll see how the go pro footage ended up and post a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back