Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps the Lever money was used for Gibbs.... not hard to figure that out is it?

No need to explain to me matey, I'm not the player who wants out because you stiffed him

Get your people to explain that to MM

Did Lever state his intention to leave before or after MM re-signed ?

Ummm... who here has stated that it’s a non issue??.. and thus, what actual point are you trying to make?

Yes, Gibbs was contracted... and thus Adelaide had to pay well over his value to get him out of Carlton.. and Carlton had every right to draw every last drop out of the deal..

McGovern is contracted, and even further to this, McGovern when his contract expires at the end of 2020 won’t even be a free agent... and thus Adelaide will have every right to draw every last drop out of any trade deal if he asks to be traded. And the club that wants him will have to pay a massive premium to get him..

Otherwise he stays where he is.

Pretty simple really.
You obviously never spent time on the Gibbs thread during last year's trade period.

He’s probably interested in doing anything which doesn’t involve the crows by the sounds of it. Was surprisingly open about his desire to return to His former club

Pffft... did you miss it straight from the horses mouth in just the last 24hrs.. and reported on news Ltd..

“Betts has responded to McClure’s report to declare he remains happy at the Crows.

“That’s not true,” Betts told FIVEaa on Wednesday.

“I love the footy club. Ever since I moved across here the footy club and the town itself has treated me really, really well. I can’t see myself going anywhere else. I’ll finish my career at the Crows.”

“People get a lot out of Collective Minds and some people don’t. I got a fair bit out of it. I’m happy at the footy club.

“At times when I was going into the footy club it had nothing to do with the camp, it was more so my body. I felt why am I playing, why am I putting myself through this — because my body feels like it’s not holding up.

“Having kids and a beautiful family gives me a reason to play footy. I’m playing because of my family.

“I’ll play until my body tells me I can’t play anymore. I’ve got two years left on my contract. I’ll continue to play footy and enjoy it, but if my body breaks down it breaks down. End Quote>

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/e...l/news-story/ad94fa175c0d08ed0d0ab0f0f86d45ef

Or are you gonna laughably suggest eddie’s lying?..

McClure’s a one eye’d Carlton fan posing as a journalist... it probably eats at him daily that one of the greats of the game no longer wanted to be at Carlton and left for Adelaide.. as did Gibbs and sauce.. and Carlton have had 15 years of utter failure.... now he spends his days making up rumours and innuendo about the crows much like his two buddies Kane Cornes and Rucci!..

No need to explain to me matey, I'm not the player who wants out because you stiffed him

Get your people to explain that to MM

Did Lever state his intention to leave before or after MM re-signed ?

If he signed the contract then how did they stuff him?

Mitch would have signed well before he know what was going on with Lever but surely knew that Adelaide had money in the cap for Lever

Pffft... did you miss it straight from the horses mouth in just the last 24hrs.. and reported on news Ltd..

“Betts has responded to McClure’s report to declare he remains happy at the Crows.

“That’s not true,” Betts told FIVEaa on Wednesday.

“I love the footy club. Ever since I moved across here the footy club and the town itself has treated me really, really well. I can’t see myself going anywhere else. I’ll finish my career at the Crows.”

“People get a lot out of Collective Minds and some people don’t. I got a fair bit out of it. I’m happy at the footy club.

“At times when I was going into the footy club it had nothing to do with the camp, it was more so my body. I felt why am I playing, why am I putting myself through this — because my body feels like it’s not holding up.

“Having kids and a beautiful family gives me a reason to play footy. I’m playing because of my family.

“I’ll play until my body tells me I can’t play anymore. I’ve got two years left on my contract. I’ll continue to play footy and enjoy it, but if my body breaks down it breaks down. End Quote>

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/e...l/news-story/ad94fa175c0d08ed0d0ab0f0f86d45ef

Or are you gonna laughably suggest eddie’s lying?..

McClure’s a one eye’d Carlton fan posing as a journalist... it probably eats at him daily that one of the greats of the game no longer wanted to be at Carlton and left for Adelaide.. as did Gibbs and sauce.. and Carlton have had 15 years of utter failure.... now he spends his days making up rumours and innuendo about the crows much like his two buddies Kane Cornes and Rucci!..

What I have posted is directly from the man himself. I posted it on the blues forum late last year. It was received as something which was thought to be impossible at the time, but here we are..

Same source that gave you the info on Kelly and Martin? Don't trust them Snake.

No not Kelly, and for the 57th time I never claimed Martin would be coming to North.

Kelly has been delayed.

any random on BF can write this and none of it is anywhere near verifiable so it’s pointless. .

The irony being that this equally applies to you.

Anyway, if he can get a trade to Melbourne I reckon it will be Carlton - 23 or Hawthorn - 26.

If North do end up with him 37 & 68 would be coming back with him.

And Josh is okay with being delayed?

Of course.

Do you want to have a grand on it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The irony being that this equally applies to you.
I’m not claiming I have “sources”... that’s what I was saying in copying your comment and changing 8-10 years for 10-15... anyone random bf’er can claim they have a source..

I’m listening to what the club, Eddie and McGovern’s manager have said and are taking their word over the Carlton hack that calls himself a journo..

No wonder McGovern is unhappy.

North have obviously come in with a godfather offer for the brothers. It’s just what they do to try to attract talent to their club. Getting a phone call from the north melbourne list manager is a player agents wet dream. Sets them up for life.

Would be massive additions if they got them though.

No wonder McGovern is unhappy.

North have obviously come in with a godfather offer for the brothers. It’s just what they do to try to attract talent to their club. Getting a phone call from the north melbourne list manager is a player agents wet dream. Sets them up for life.

Would be massive additions if they got them though.

We don't have to even ring them. Every player agent in the country just dreams it happened.

Like him or not, McClure is bloody good at his job. Obviously has some great sources and gets a lot of stories.

Of course the claims will be denied, what else can they say at this stage?
What?
Sam McClure?

He is an embarrassment with his predictions and lack of knowledge.

Im enjoying Watching Talking Footy and the open loathing Campbell Brown has towards Sam

McClure is a pathetic excuse for a journalist who only got a job because daddy organised it for him... and SEN are fast becoming a medium for gossip and innuendo.
his old man died in 2010, when he was like 18. I doubt his old man got him a job.

McClure is just mad about Gibbs leaving.

Interstate players at Victorian clubs are meant to stay due to the romance (of being a one club player), Victorian players at interstate clubs need to come home due to the romance (of returning "home").

All other non-Victorians should head to Victorian clubs because of the opportunity of playing on "the biggest stage".

In summary, most commentators are unorofessional flogs that try and play list manager via their platform and encourage/run PR for players joining a Vic club, due to VFL mindset, and because they try and play up to the states larger TV audience, but have a fit when anybody wants to leave the state.

Examples are the Fox crew drooling over Kelly, or Sloane, suggesting it's just expected that Gaff will return or good business for McGovern to head to Vic. Loyd was basically picking off our players one by one on why they should leave.

Yet the desperation and emotive arguments used as to why say Hogan should (and did) stay at MFC, or why Cripps should never leave Carlton show up the double standard.

Last edited:
his old man died in 2010, when he was like 18. I doubt his old man got him a job.
I think it’s more that he got a job at The Age on the back of his fathers reputation and because all his fathers mates that he worked with took Sam on..

Regardless... the lad is barely a journalist’s a-hole..

There’s no finer example of this than his effort here just days ago;

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/13/carlton-stars-pledge-their-futures-to-the-club/

I mean what a joke these comments are;

Both players were to be out of contract at the end of next season.

“Carlton have locked in their two best players in Patrick Cripps and Charlie Curnow on deals that will take them up to the start of their free agency,” McClure told SEN’s KB and The Doc.

“Both were contracted until the end of next year, Cripps has added an extra two years and Charlie Curnow an extra four.

“The contracts haven’t actually been signed, but both players have told the club that they have agreed to those terms and they will figure out dollars and cents and all that sort of stuff.

“It is a significant day for Carlton because they really couldn’t take this build to the next step if they were to lose one of those players.”

First he states that Cripps and Curnow are “locked in” which to anyone would mean signed up sealed and delivered. Then he goes “the contracts haven’t actually been signed and “they will figure out dollars and cents and all that sort of stuff”!!!..

Haven’t worked out the “dollars and cents and all that sort of stuff??... you mean basically they haven’t agreed upon the entire fcuking basis of a contract?... and what sort of language is “dollars and cents and all that sort of stuff” from what’s meant to be a professional journo?.. he sounds like a 10 year old kid discussing it with mates in a bloody primary school yard.

This is the crap he dishes up.. It’s amateurish and reeks of a bloke desperate to make it look like he knows what he’s talking about and has really good connections when he really hasn’t got a ******* clue and he’s relying on gossip and guess work.

Last edited:
What?
Sam McClure?

He is an embarrassment with his predictions and lack of knowledge.

Im enjoying Watching Talking Footy and the open loathing Campbell Brown has towards Sam
Yes McClure.

He is not there for his footy knowledge, he’s there to break the stories behind the scene, which he clearly has done very well at over the past. He’s as good as anyone in the industry.

People like him and Barret and Browne etc. will always have people that dislike them, which obviously comes with the job.

More so his family name and his dad’s mates looking after him. He sure as s**t didn’t get his job on merit.

McClure is just mad about Gibbs leaving.

Interstate players at Victorian clubs are meant to stay due to the romance (of being a one club player), Victorian players at interstate clubs need to come home due to the romance (of returning "home").

All other non-Victorians should head to Victorian clubs because of the opportunity of playing on "the biggest stage".

In summary, most commentators are unorofessional flogs that try and play list manager via their platform and encourage/run PR for players joining a Vic club, due to VFL mindset, and because they try and play up to the states larger TV audience, but have a fit when anybody wants to leave the state.

Examples are the Fox crew drooling over Kelly, or Sloane, suggesting it's just expected that Gaff will return or good business for McGovern to head to Vic. Loyd was basically picking off our players one by one on why they should leave.

Yet the desperation and emotive arguments used as to why say Hogan should (and did) stay at MFC, or why Cripps should never leave Carlton show up the double standard.

Ultimately.. as a supporter who has followed SANFL/VFL/AFL all my life supporting the tigers (in both leagues) and the crows.. I want to see player movement greatly increased.. I moved to QLD 15 years ago and follow league as much as I do Aussie rules and the player movement in league compared to AFL is crazy and when players move, even if they are the best player at their club, there’s no compensation and no draft picks.. it just happens and everyone moves on. Most of the time players notify the world of their move mid season.

As a league supporter it’s something you are used to.. you don’t have to like it but it’s just how it is.

What you don’t have however is pathetic league commentators hounding blokes day in day out for months on end about where they could be playing next year, spreading gossip, blatant falsehoods and rumours... it’s the sort of crap you’d expect from the celebrity gossip pages of Womans Day.

And you’re right.. the bulk of this slimey crap seems to always focus on players at interstate teams and mostly dribbles out of the Victorian football “journo’s”..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back