Review Post match discussion/positives&negatives vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely disrespectful post game from Horse and a couple of the swans leaders.

Going on about how they "Let" us have a couple of goals.
What do you expect?

They are a ******* franchise. A marketing gimmick. Their club died in 1982.

It's why they can pay that wnaker Franklin 1m a year and send it straight up his you know what.

Hannebury may be on his back later on tonight, for a much different reason.

Great team; dog of a club. Corporate nothingness.

Can't get stressed about an opposition coach coming in after a good win and saying he is not satisfied with his team's performance. Probably somehow connected with the high standards they clearly put on themselves.

Yes if our coach had been a little less impressed with our performance last week, we might have been able to make some improvements.

Big negative to the idiots in the crowd who inspired Goodes to produce a match winning performance. This bloke was cooked two years ago but you morons lifted him for this one. I imagine you feel pretty impressed with your own childish efforts to defy the grown ups and boo just because. Was it worth it?
Bullshit he cooked us in the last final we played. If you haven't gathered we cannot stop teams with 3 kpf or sometimes 2 kpf. Our defence is shithouse and if you stretch it , a bloke like Goodes can and will score goals against us.

His decision making was purrid. 3-4 times where he absolutely sold someone into loads of pressure. Others times going backwards and laterally where there was no switch, which killed us in the second. It was an ordinary display after a dreadful month.
That's where statistic lie. One handball in question was 100% effective in reaching the team mate, regardless of the fact that teammate was being molested even before the ball had arrived.

Positives
We had a decent crack against a very good team
Goldie was immense

Negatives
Goal kicking
Going to sleep in the second
Lindsay could be decapitated in a tackle and still have a free paid against him while his head rolls away on the ground

I doubt Sydney would have won without their COLA advantage that delivered Buddy and Tippet to them.

On a positive note, should Ziebell lose his eye sight I don't think it will impact his football too much given I don't think he hit a target all night.

I thought Jacobs did a good job on Hannebery. Who was the genius who made the call about him tagging? No hints.
Goldstein dominated, but he doesn't push hard enough forward imo

Our forward line was poor, Petrie was s**t, Waite was s**t, Brown took grabs 100m out of goal. Inaccuracy in front of goal has become a pattern and Swans were able to get momentum due to us missing shots on goal and allowing them to run the length of the ground on the rebound.

Thompson giving away costly shots on goal for stupid s**t, and he could have easily given another 1 or 2 if the umpires were feeling generous. He makes too many rookie-like mistakes, for an AA defender.

Our tackling wasn't as good as it was last week, our pressure was okay for three quarters but the second it was off too much and we were made to pay.

We just do not get enough from our contested possessions and our centre clearances. We have too many booters in the middle, particularly Ziebell and Swallow don't look most of the time and we have guys who are largely ineffectual offensively over four quarters in Gibson, Bastinac, MacMillan.

We have too many inside players without class with the ball and combine that with a lot of other guys who don't get a heap of the ball, don't tackle and don't do much damage offensively. They have to bring something to the table, atm they are passengers who do a few things but are overall way too ineffective across an entire game.

We just have no class around the ball which results in not much class going forward, it was a night of picking bad options way too often and executing poorly way too often. When Swans rebounded, they created space, they took their chances.

We would be better with Dal Santo and Wells in the team and we need to get Atley, Mullett and McDonald in the side when they have form/fitness, but we need someone like Harper back into some form, we have nobody that is running straight lines, nobody getting separation so we just disposing contested ball to nobody in particular which too often goes to the opposition. If we were able to retain the ball and run the length of the field we would have easily got the 4 points. Our team structure is no good, a big part of that is injury and form, but we have too many guys who week after week make the same mistakes or offer too little quarter after quarter, week after week.

We have massive scope for improvement, if we can get our s**t together but we have too few players atm playing good enough footy week after week. Swans were ripe for the plucking tonight and we let the opportunity go.

Frustrating and heartening at the same time.
Great effort in second half, but that second term...
Positives:
Second half
Dumont late
Goldy
Harvey used more forward
We played a tagger???

Negatives
Second term
Ducking rule
Kicking on goal (Richmond took every chance against Freo and beat them, we needed to do the same and didn't)
Firrito towelled for second time in three weeks...the end is nigh, sadly
LT, pants game, missed important shots, pulled out of a contest and caused a two goal turnaround
McMahon, such a great servant, probably his last game
Waite under pressure
Spitta's kicking...he just couldn't hit targets tonight
Wright's two bad kicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed with the results, but not with the effort.
Better efficiency in the forward half and we would be celebrating a victory.
When Dal Santo and Wells returns and with Dumont starting, our midfield should be more competitive against the top teams.

Positives:
Goldy
Hansen

Negatives:
Goal kicking. I've been crapping on about it for weeks on here now. It is f**king deplorable and is costing us games
59% by foot
JZ 19% by foot
2nd quarter
Dumont as sub
Leaving Sydney players unmanned in their F50
Being told off for kicking the footy with my son at half time on the outside concourse. F**K you Etihad
Season one step closer to being fully rooted
Hating this season. What a debacle it is becoming

85% is cool.

Not having the wear withal to know hitting a target is useless if that target will be buried is not.
Not saying he was good or bad, just that Arjen isn't going to like it.

Lost this at selection table. McMahon should never play again. Atley should have played and given one role. Follow Jetta shoulder to shoulder all night. And Waite what an embarrassment of a footballer this guy is.
This. Lost it at selection table again! What's going on at North with these selections i have no idea anymore in even trying to make sense of it.....

Not saying he was good or bad, just that Arjen isn't going to like it.
I don't like it.

It's a meaningless state.

We have more talented players who make the wrong decisions that cost us turn overs.

When Gibbo does it, it sticks out like dogs balls.

It's not as bad as if we were flogged by twelve goals but it is incredibly frustrating.

We have too many liabilities in the team and not enough match winners.

Gibson, Jacobs, bastinac, Waite and McMahon are all sub par that aren't afl standard.

I don't personally think we have the replacements that are going to make enough of a change. Maj is a gamble at best and then we have wood and McDonald that are probably future locks but not much else after that.

They had a dip tonight but their foot skills were disappointing as usual and sorely lack the polish they need.

Brown was surprisingly quiet and our set shot misses killed the momentum when we nearly snatched it.

Ultimately I'm not sure we are that good. Next week will be a good test though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back