Banter RDT 170 - The Joyce McKinney Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever carelessly bid on something on eBay you're not sure you want - indifferent to how it's going to go and kinda expecting be outbid, only to lead the bidding for the majority of the time and then get outbid within hours of the end of the auction and subsequently getting locked into an intense bidding war over something you now need and must have at all costs?

inb4 lOchreno

I kinda do this with car parts. Find absolute bargains, send them to my brother, who confirms that yes, they are bargains, then sweat over whether or not I should actually buy them and whether it's a waste of money, procrastinate whilst continuing to discuss how said bargain is still available for purchase, then rage when someone else eventually purchases said item.

Buying used stuff is not everyone and that's fair enough. There's a lot of people that will order stuff online and then when they get it they plain just don't like it and they never use it and sell it for a fraction of the price.

I don't mind checking OP shops for knitted jumpers - new and quality they're excess $200. Flat caps too, found a Kangol - usually over $100 for $3. I got a pair of custom Chuck Taylor's which this dude ordered from the US for $150 for $20 simply coz they didn't fit him.

Bikes, car bike racks, netball hoop, an absolute shitload of home brew equipment, my dog (lol), video games - just some of the stuff I've found like new for half the price and less.

Not that I have Facebook, but hasn't Facebook Marketplace just killed everything else? Ebay, Gumtree, Trading Post, Quokka....

Some people that graduated from Quokka to Gumtree still use Gumtree, they're mainly older people that don't have FB.

Isn't FB for older people these days?

Probably, I only have an account due to applying for bar jobs back when I was working a second job. Gumtree would be for ancients then I guess.

If TikTok develops a trading arm, it's all over.

And coz of this I don't get why Musk wants Twatter. Is it so he can call people paedophile and delete his comment s before lawsuits?

And coz of this I don't get why Musk wants Twatter. Is it so he can call people paedophile and delete his comment s before lawsuits?

Because he gets to troll whoever he wants and he still has 5x what he paid for it in the kitty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever carelessly bid on something on eBay you're not sure you want - indifferent to how it's going to go and kinda expecting be outbid, only to lead the bidding for the majority of the time and then get outbid within hours of the end of the auction and subsequently getting locked into an intense bidding war over something you now need and must have at all costs?

inb4 lOchreno
I've only ever bid for one thing on ebay, it was a West Coast Eagles 2000-2001 away guernsey and I won it.

Also, no

I also get reverse FOMO on TV shows. If everyone else is watching it then I probably won't but I will get furious if you talk about like everyone is watching it.

This expires 5 years after the show has ended.

I also get reverse FOMO on TV shows. If everyone else is watching it then I probably won't but I will get furious if you talk about like everyone is watching it.

This expires 5 years after the show has ended.

Yeah with you there, I watched 2 episodes of Squid Game before getting pissed off with the hype.

On the subject of the pinnacle of television, you must be happy a new season of the Circle is out

FFS dude she's already watched all of the episodes so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back