Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane: "Who are you gonna get to replace Hinkley!"

Also Kane: "You can't give the caretaker role to Josh Carr, you might be locking out all the other viable candidates!"

These people will just say whatever they feel suits Ken best at the time without any thought to inconsistency or cognitive dissonance.

You're right but this is just the way the whole AFL media industry works. King has his chip on his shoulder about JHF, so will contort himself to prove that, while excusing conduct of those he likes. And then there is McGuire...

Well the emotion of the weekend has faded and I am now back on the Ken Hinkley runaway freight train.

We are only 2 wins behind Collingwood so we could be top of the table in 2 weeks time. Please be patient.

Keninkly has already done 1 miracle by savingthe club theres no reason why he cant do another

U can do it Ken Hinkley we believe in U

The dude has 300 games of credit with putting his body on the line...

But gee whiz that was a bad look. He's clearly not right.
Travis would be deeply embarrassed as he should be. Jonas was belligerent when questioned about his form. Chalk and cheese. Jonas is not a captain's bootlace.

They don't give a s**t & won't make a move until the year is cooked.
Yes that is unfortunately going to happen this season will just drag on to its inevitable conclusion, where if a decision was made either now, or in no more than a few weeks time even a care taker coach would have a chance of resurrecting something from the ashes to at least give who ever the new full time coach is something to work with as opposed to starting behind the 8 ball for 2024.

I will add, if Kokhead hadn't painted himself into a corner with his 10 year coach BS even he may have found the cajones to pull the pin on kern some years back, but with his ginormous ego that 10 year coach comment was virtually locked in concrete seconds after it left that silly campaigners mouth.

Yes that is unfortunately going to happen this season will just drag on to its inevitable conclusion, where if a decision was made either now, or in no more than a few weeks time even a care taker coach would have a chance of resurrecting something from the ashes to at least give who ever the new full time coach is something to work with as opposed to starting behind the 8 ball for 2024.

I will add, if Kokhead hadn't painted himself into a corner with his 10 year coach BS even he may have found the cajones to pull the pin on kern some years back, but with his ginormous ego that 10 year coach comment was virtually locked in concrete seconds after it left that silly campaigners mouth.

The thing is... He's already done 10 years. And his 10th year was piss. Why is he still there lol.

The only way he was getting another extension was winning the flag. It was obvious after 2 practice games that wasn't happening.

Why is he still there?

Well the emotion of the weekend has faded and I am now back on the Ken Hinkley runaway freight train.

We are only 2 wins behind Collingwood so we could be top of the table in 2 weeks time. Please be patient.

Keninkly has already done 1 miracle by savingthe club theres no reason why he cant do another

U can do it Ken Hinkley we believe in U
Was this ripped word for word from Ken Oath's True Believers?

You're right but this is just the way the whole AFL media industry works. King has his chip on his shoulder about JHF, so will contort himself to prove that, while excusing conduct of those he likes. And then there is McGuire...
Yeah but NO ONE has a chip on their shoulder about Ken Hinkley, and it's unbelievable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 23-24 christmas wishlist-

New coach and well invested coaching panel. Whether that be Carr, Schofield, Leppitsch, someone completely unconnected, as long as they are invested in the ethos of the club.

Media spotlight and a broom to be taken through the current club admin, so essentially a new chair, or CEO or both? And a reshuffling of the board! People need to be held accountable for the situation we find ourselves in. If we could get someone like Tredrea involved even better, the fact that he wanted to get involved before because he could see things needed to be fixed says a lot, and everything he's said so far has been absolutely spot on, irrespective of his gripe.

New captain with Jonas retired, he's an embarrassment these days, embodies everything wrong with the place and his attitude couldn't be further from what we expect of a player wearing the number 1. Whether SPP would be the right fit or not I can't say, but the way he plays, the person he's become off the field, he ticks a lot of the boxes.

Finally a stripping back of the marketing and meaningless buzzwords, I want the club to wholly focus on winning, and hold itself accountable to members. The club is all talk like Wazza says, NTUA, Prison Bars, True Believers, the Precinct! Just cut half that s"^t out and focus on winning and performing well on the field.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tredrea to Ken regarding his Premiership cup...

borat-sacha-baron-cohen.gif

I think I've refreshed this thread 1000x since the showdown and its showing no signs of slowing down.

Rip the bandaid Kochie so I can get back to work.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We could've lost the showdown by 500 points and the Board, rightfully, wouldn't have sacked Ken. Would be a PR disaster and the crows would hold it as a banner for decades that they got a Port coach sacked.

My 23-24 christmas wishlist-

New coach and well invested coaching panel. Whether that be Carr, Schofield, Leppitsch, someone completely unconnected, as long as they are invested in the ethos of the club.

Media spotlight and a broom to be taken through the current club admin, so essentially a new chair, or CEO or both? And a reshuffling of the board! People need to be held accountable for the situation we find ourselves in. If we could get someone like Tredrea involved even better, the fact that he wanted to get involved before because he could see things needed to be fixed says a lot, and everything he's said so far has been absolutely spot on, irrespective of his gripe.

New captain with Jonas retired, he's an embarrassment these days, embodies everything wrong with the place and his attitude couldn't be further from what we expect of a player wearing the number 1. Whether SPP would be the right fit or not I can't say, but the way he plays, the person he's become off the field, he ticks a lot of the boxes.

Finally a stripping back of the marketing and meaningless buzzwords, I want the club to wholly focus on winning, and hold itself accountable to members. The club is all talk like Wazza says, NTUA, Prison Bars, True Believers, the Precinct! Just cut half that s"^t out and focus on winning and performing well on the field.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jonas has been an embarrassment ever since his infamous on field plea to fans straight after the 2021 PF debacle, "Stick with us - we'll be back bigger and better in 2022."

Williams was in his 3rd year when we were minor premiers and his 5th year when he delivered a premiership,
the club was only in it's 8th year in the competition.

Ken going into his 11th year shows how much disregard the club has for its base.

They care more about PR spin line up at Alberton and buy a guernsey instead of accountability

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1680500222947.jpg
    FB_IMG_1680500222947.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 68
Jonas has been an embarrassment ever since his infamous on field plea to fans straight after the 2021 PF debacle, "Stick with us - we'll be back bigger and better in 2022."
Was that before or after he declared that he "wouldn't change a thing"?

We could've lost the showdown by 500 points and the Board, rightfully, wouldn't have sacked Ken. Would be a PR disaster and the crows would hold it as a banner for decades that they got a Port coach sacked.
'Losing to us is so embarrassing that you immediately sacked an 11 year coach over it' wouldn't be the flex that they might think it is.

Seeing as we are close to part 8 what are some creative names for it?

Sack Hinkley pt 8: The pursuit of carbon neutral stability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back