Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t pagan take over as coach of north after one pre season belting from the crows? And they ended up finishing the minor rounds in 3rd position and then had a period of prelims and better (2 flags/3gf’s) for the next 7 seasons?

So if everyone is starting to acknowledge that he is gone, there really is no point him staying. I would’ve sacked him at the end of 2016 but how he survived not getting sacked last year is really beyond belief.

This year was screwed before it even begun.

No changes at all at seasons end last year, not in administration, not in leadership and besides the appointment of carr no changes in coaches.

It was like they were deluded enough to think it would all click this year.

The place is as stale as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn’t pagan take over as coach of north after one pre season belting from the crows? And they ended up finishing the minor rounds in 3rd position and then had a period of prelims and better (2 flags/3gf’s) for the next 7 seasons?

So if everyone is starting to acknowledge that he is gone, there really is no point him staying. I would’ve sacked him at the end of 2016 but how he survived not getting sacked last year is really beyond belief.

This year was screwed before it even begun.

No changes at all at seasons end last year, not in administration, not in leadership and besides the appointment of carr no changes in coaches.

It was like they were deluded enough to think it would all click this year.

The place is as stale as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The sooner the better. Carr sits in the seat and doesn't impress. Nothing against Carr but we need a COMPLETE clean out. We can't have any lingering Hinkley stench left in the coaches box.

Can you imagine what this group is going to be like with a new coach. Boak and Jonas will be gone at the end of this year and anyone drafted to port still on the list has never even met another head coach.
Hopefully the Stockholm syndrome can be broken in an off season
Collingwood showed last year how dramatic the effect of a new coach can be. Who knows - if Koch can finally grow some balls and terminate Ken immediately, I have no doubt that this group can still do amazing things in 2023.

The sooner the better. Carr sits in the seat and doesn't impress. Nothing against Carr but we need a COMPLETE clean out. We can't have any lingering Hinkley stench left in the coaches box.
If Carr was actually seen as the successor, it would be good to give him this trial run first before committing.

I don't see how we would've committed to Carr already without doing a full search though.

He might be the right guy, but to not sound out other candidates first would be wrong.

Collingwood showed last year how dramatic the effect of a new coach can be. Who knows - if Koch can finally grow some balls and terminate Ken immediately, I have no doubt that this group can still do amazing things in 2023.

They will drag it out..... after any win the white noise will go away.... after multiple losses the white noise will get louder, this is how the year night end up going. Frustratingly annoying.

He shouldn't of been here this year to be in this position.

It's beyond absurd.

Everyone acknowledges he won't make finals. Everyone acknowledges that he needs to go.

It is a toxic environment that only derails the club further.

The sooner we start preparing for next year the better.

And yet...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They care about their mate Hinkley, they don't care about Port Adelaide, they're happy to see Port Adelaide's season wither and die as long as it helps Hinkley. There's nothing deeper to it than that.

I have no doubt ken will last the year,we will probably be mathematically a chance for 8th spot until rnd 20,Ken will get a farewell game,Koch will think he's responsible for one of ports greatest ever coaches and periods.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Carr was actually seen as the successor, it would be good to give him this trial run first before committing.

I don't see how we would've committed to Carr already without doing a full search though.

He might be the right guy, but to not sound out other candidates first would be wrong.
If Carr does ultimately get the job then everyone else needs to go. Bassett, Cornes etc.

Port have the troops. Just need a good fresh coach and the bounce can be incredible. Just look at Collingwood/Carlton/Saints.

The boys look flat as a tack and the game style.... well there isn't one, and there never has been under Stinkley.

The sacking must be ASAP so we don't waste another year and burn more careers.

Kochie will just say Warren is allowed to have his opinion blah blah and hose it all down.

He shouldn't of been coach this year at all - that's where the board and Kochie failed the club.
David Koch on Kornes defending Hinkley, "he's a champion of the club and knows what he's talking about".
David Koch on Tredders saying that Hinkley's position is untenable, "He's paid to have an opinion but doesn't know the Port Adelaide Football Club very well".
David Koch on members saying that Hinkley's time is well and truly up, "we don't take any notice of white noise".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kochie going after a premiership captain that is echoing the sentiments of the supporter base would be suicide for his reputation among the supporters.

The media commentators like Kane and Buckley etc saying "Its only 3 rounds in, what are you going to achieve?" refuse to factor in that for a big chunk of the supporter base, this is Season 2022, part 2. We're not 3 rounds into an anomaly or 3 rounds into the coaches first gig.

The reality is that unless you follow us, you're unlikely to be as invested and unlikely think he's been as bad because you can't acknowledge the wasted talent he's had to work with. For us, those prelim losses (especially vs the dogs) are years where we should have gone all the way. For opposition supporters they just see the eventual winner and us doing better that 80% of the other teams. We believe we have underachieved given the talent, resources and time. It's simple.

I come in peace

I’m very reliably informed that there has been one other change. Apparently the club has engaged a coach for him, to help him become a better coach.

Apparently he gets grumpy when things aren’t going his way and won’t look at other alternatives. Who could have guessed?

Cheers

Kochie going after a premiership captain that is echoing the sentiments of the supporter base would be suicide for his reputation among the supporters.

As if Koch cares about his reputation among the supporters. He is appointed by the AFL and only answerable to the AFL.

I have no doubt ken will last the year,we will probably be mathematically a chance for 8th spot until rnd 20,Ken will get a farewell game,Koch will think he's responsible for one of ports greatest ever coaches and periods.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
LOL hands up everyone here who would go to Ken's farewell game - I'd rather watch a Farmer Wants a Wife marathon :).

It's beyond absurd.

Everyone acknowledges he won't make finals. Everyone acknowledges that he needs to go.

It is a toxic environment that only derails the club further.

The sooner we start preparing for next year the better.

And yet...

Obviously I don't follow this as closely as you do, but it was the press conference after the Russell Ebert tribute match where Donuts told the journos "I have no idea how we lost, we achieved all our KPIs" i mean surely you have to have some clue about what was going wrong against a (lets face it) pretty poor opposition team

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I'll be more amped about waving Ken off into the sunset than I was Robbie Gray.

After some of the recent screenshots I’ve seen from the ‘Ken Oath’s True Believers’ group, we could see mass suicides along the Torrens.

I'd love to see a debate between Tredders and Kochie - Tredders would eat him for breakfast!!!
Everyone seems to forget that Tredders is a Port man thru and thru. He’s often said that when Dad Gary was coaching the junior and reserve grades after his playing career had finished he would be there on training night, I guess making a nuisance of himself. When the coach and the players went into the rooms, young Warren would be on the oval having a ‘kick and a catch’ with his mates. He did this for years and then when his own career commenced he would have known every blade of grass on Alberton and what went on behind closed doors.
For Kochie to say “come back in a year” or something similar is showing the utmost disrespect for Tredders. Think about that David!

After some of the recent screenshots I’ve seen from the ‘Ken Oath’s True Believers’ group, we could see mass suicides along the Torrens.
I gave that FB piece of sh*t the flick years ago. Made me feel better instantly.

This "might as well wait until the end of the year" type thinking is self defeatist rubbish

The competition is that tight, who knows what might happen with a bit of coaching acumen and buy in from the players for a red hot tilt. Back yourself in *en!

There have been more outlandish sporting miracles.

Could also be that I watched Major League too many times as a kid. Do we get a cardboard cutout of Ken except for each win we cover him up with a patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back