Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Those lathering themselves up about Hinkley’s brand being destroyed in the footy industry are kidding themselves. It’s clearly going to be spun as us ferals chasing him out of town. I’d bet my life savings on it.

No self-evident argument that he has outstayed his welcome for 3-8 years will matter. He is good bloke Kenny in the media’s view and that is etched in stone for all time. They will say “who would coach there after they knifed Kenny”. You can write the articles now. All BS, of course, but it’s so obviously coming, don’t pin your hopes on justice.

Sydney Away
Bulldogs Home.
West Coast home round 6.
If we lose to Sydney and the Bulldogs.
It might come down to round 6 at home v West Coast.A loss or narrow win will have Josh Carr as caretaker coach round 7.

I imagine Richo, Ken, Chris Davies and Koch are meeting today to formulate the plan of how to retaliate to this. Is going to be very interesting to see if they go on the attack and double down on the White Noise aspect. I also imagine Warren will be getting a call. I hope he stands his ground.

I imagine Richo, Ken, Chris Davies and Koch are meeting today to formulate the plan of how to retaliate to this. Is going to be very interesting to see if they go on the attack and double down on the White Noise aspect. I also imagine Warren will be getting a call. I hope he stands his ground.

The Club are gutless so I can't imagine Warren being contacted by them telling him to shut up. He will stand his ground regardless of what they say - he's not an employee of the Club so he has no duty to be one of their minions.

They are in a position where they will either say nothing, or vehemently defend Ken. Or, a watered down middle ground where Richo sends the members an email highlighting how much he's looking forward to seeing us at Gather Round.

We could've lost the showdown by 500 points and the Board, rightfully, wouldn't have sacked Ken. Would be a PR disaster and the crows would hold it as a banner for decades that they got a Port coach sacked.
Crows fans would hate knowing they got Ken sacked

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kochie will have a reply on 5aa radio tomorrow. How he responds is going to determine his and ken's fate from the members. I think he will choose his words wisely.
I'm pre-emptively angry already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Live cross to Alberton.....

seinfeld-the-nap2.jpg

If they try and gag Tredrea it would backfire. I wanted Tredrea on the board, but the advantage of him not being on it means that he can speak his mind and tell it how it is without having to worry about treading on people's toes.

The advantage right now is that he can accelerate public opinion to bring about change from within. That being said, there will be a time soon after Ken's departure that will mean Tredrea's best position will be on the Board driving the Club into a new direction.

For now, it's all going to blow up in Koch and co's face and I'm completely hear for it Michael Jackson popcorn memes and all.

Whatley still defending donuts on vic sen this morning “port have done the right thing by waiting for the end of year for a parting of ways”
It's beyond absurd.

Everyone acknowledges he won't make finals. Everyone acknowledges that he needs to go.

It is a toxic environment that only derails the club further.

The sooner we start preparing for next year the better.

And yet...

Whatley still defending donuts on vic sen this morning “port have done the right thing by waiting for the end of year for a parting of ways”
I don't think that's defending him. It's a reality that Ken will be gone this year, which Whateley is admitting, and I don't think he meant "end of year" as "after the season has finished" - more in the last 5-7 rounds.

Ginnever said it well on 5AA - you can't have a caretaker for longer than 5 or 6 rounds as they don't command the respect or attention of players who know they are just there as caretaker. So the only option to sack Ken this early would be to appoint Carr as head coach on a multi-year contract - and I'm not sure I like that approach as it rules out other contenders.

Kochie will just say Warren is allowed to have his opinion blah blah and hose it all down.

He shouldn't have been coach this year at all - that's where the board and Kochie failed the club.
Expecting this. “He gets paid to give an opinion etc” and probably “we’ve said all along we’ll wait until Aug and nothing’s changed in that regard”.
If it goes really south in the meantime they’ll come to a “mutual” agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back