SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

And I’m sure it is, So heading onto the SFNL website to see if any announcement we see...sh*t, ..hold the press, hold the press!! ..Moorabbin Football Club seeks a Sports Trainer for SEASON 2020.

With clubs pulling out and the walls collapsing, someone at SFNL HO admin thought it very important to advertise a vacancy for a Sports Trainer fora Div 4 club For a THIS year.

League has become a circus.

Brilliant 😂😂

And I’m sure it is, So heading onto the SFNL website to see if any announcement we see...sh*t, ..hold the press, hold the press!! ..Moorabbin Football Club seeks a Sports Trainer for SEASON 2020.

With clubs pulling out and the walls collapsing, someone at SFNL HO admin thought it very important to advertise a vacancy for a Sports Trainer fora Div 4 club For a THIS year.

League has become a circus.
Yeah that is brilliant. Could just imagine the admin on Jobkeeper , “I better justify the $750 a week, oh crikey a job advert through from Moorabbin, I’ll spend all day typing it up for release.. “

Anyone heard from any members of the board? Wheres Gauci and Cranny and all their big guru’s??

time to step up boys and girls!

Yeah that is brilliant. Could just imagine the admin on Jobkeeper , “I better justify the $750 a week, oh crikey a job advert through from Moorabbin, I’ll spend all day typing it up for release.. “

Anyone heard from any members of the board? Wheres Gauci and Cranny and all their big guru’s??

time to step up boys and girls!
I’m afraid Marc & Garry met their match after their self appointed puppet in Mike Palmer resigned. Interim CEO Hartmann walked into the saloon with his shiny sheriff's badge pinned upon his chest & stripped them of their power and rendered them faceless board members

I’m afraid Marc & Garry met their match after their self appointed puppet in Mike Palmer resigned. Interim CEO Hartmann walked into the saloon with his shiny sheriff's badge pinned upon his chest & stripped them of their power and rendered them faceless board members

Ouch!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting to see recruitment over summer with the new 100k cap. The lower cap may well bring about the end of guys traveling to country clubs for huge coin. I reckon it might bring some very handy players back to metro footy.

Agree, but do you think it will be to the detriment of the lower division teams? Blokes who were getting cash (smaller amounts) now potentially won't and they stop playing all together? or go to the VAFA where they not be pushed out of the 1's due to a highly paid recruit/s?

Certainly crystal balling and understand some clubs are better managing the mighty $ than others.

Huge, basically says he will be playing all year because he is mates with Dan Connors and will be hosting a few sportsman's nights for the club. No doubt will take a cut of takings for the night. With the reduced salary cap, clubs will need to think out of the box and come up with other incentives to lure big name recruits to the club. Well done to Rockett and the guys at City for making it happen, league will only be better for it.

2021- we now start worrying about next year which Really sucks. Doubt any clubs will be able to start training in full groups until 2021.

It is going to be interesting to see how many Metro & Rural clubs will survive the ramifications of the Covid 19 crisis and get up and running in 2021 assuming we do not get another outbreak.

A lot of clubs will be in limbo with their playing lists and possibly their coaches. How many players and committee people will retire or decide that footy is not that important after all? How many players and coaches will move interstate looking for work? Money for most clubs has all but dried up. Sponsors will be hard to find and many are going to get fed up from all of the approaches from various clubs and organizations.

The AFL after rolling in cash for decades ignored local footy in Victoria and preferred to spend money in QLD & Western Sydney. The AFL is now heavily in debt, cutting jobs and no doubt will be spending bugger on local footy. This will be one of the biggest crisis facing Australian Rules in Victoria since the 2 World Wars and the depression.

It is going to be interesting to see how many Metro & Rural clubs will survive the ramifications of the Covid 19 crisis and get up and running in 2021 assuming we do not get another outbreak.

A lot of clubs will be in limbo with their playing lists and possibly their coaches. How many players and committee people will retire or decide that footy is not that important after all? How many players and coaches will move interstate looking for work? Money for most clubs has all but dried up. Sponsors will be hard to find and many are going to get fed up from all of the approaches from various clubs and organizations.

The AFL after rolling in cash for decades ignored local footy in Victoria and preferred to spend money in QLD & Western Sydney. The AFL is now heavily in debt, cutting jobs and no doubt will be spending bugger on local footy. This will be one of the biggest crisis facing Australian Rules in Victoria since the 2 World Wars and the depression.

Going to be Interesting times. A great chance for most clubs to go into 2021 with much lower player payments. Probably a blessing in disguise. I think VIC will put their head in with tracing and I can’t see there being a third wave. I think it’ll come down to players being scared to get it and bring it home to newborns / elders parents. Apparently vaccine is 6 months away but who knows!

Going to be Interesting times. A great chance for most clubs to go into 2021 with much lower player payments. Probably a blessing in disguise. I think VIC will put their head in with tracing and I can’t see there being a third wave. I think it’ll come down to players being scared to get it and bring it home to newborns / elders parents. Apparently vaccine is 6 months away but who knows!

You make some good points.

Covid is here to stay. Sooner or later they will have to open up air travel and that is when it will start again.
The X factor are going to be the councils. If the Govt makes them responsible to oversee health protocols are being observed then they will have to get off their fat lazy backsides and do some work. A lot of these councils do not like to unnecessarily exert themselves, just count the money coming thru the doors. They may decide it is unsafe or too hard to monitor and ban sports on their facilities. If not, they will want some sort of guarantee from the State that they will be indemnified if they are sued. Some of the facilities at local grounds are deplorable to say the least, and all of the alcohol in the world will not make them safe.

Then you have the next X factor. What happens when someone contracts Covid? Does that player take action against the club and/or association for loss of income or possibly loss of life? Watch the Insurance companies start putting in exclusions in their policies. The lawyers are going to have a field day.

You make some good points.

Covid is here to stay. Sooner or later they will have to open up air travel and that is when it will start again.
The X factor are going to be the councils. If the Govt makes them responsible to oversee health protocols are being observed then they will have to get off their fat lazy backsides and do some work. A lot of these councils do not like to unnecessarily exert themselves, just count the money coming thru the doors. They may decide it is unsafe or too hard to monitor and ban sports on their facilities. If not, they will want some sort of guarantee from the State that they will be indemnified if they are sued. Some of the facilities at local grounds are deplorable to say the least, and all of the alcohol in the world will not make them safe.

Then you have the next X factor. What happens when someone contracts Covid? Does that player take action against the club and/or association for loss of income or possibly loss of life? Watch the Insurance companies start putting in exclusions in their policies. The lawyers are going to have a field day.

Agreed mate. If air travel is back up and running - I’d be shocked if local sport doesn’t go ahead. Other states are playing - if only Victoria can’t - we have a serious issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back