Review The Dumb, the Soft and the Ugly vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Premature? Perhaps, but let's be real. We know the routine.

Particular note re Hartigan - this is why his re-signing didn't excite me in the slightest. Harto gifts easy goals to the opposition all the time. It's got to stop.

Pyke - I don't know what you're trying to do Don. You've had at least three chances to counter this game plan. What response do you have?

Campo - please leave. Our midfield defensive structures are ineffective. When we play good opposition they waltz into goal.

I will happily wear the egg on my face if we win.

While we've been putrid this has been really ugly football. Games like this damage the game. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even more mind-blowing than our players' efforts tonight was the coaching and strategy, both going in to the match and on the night.

We made no discernable change to ANYTHING we've done in our last 5 encounters against Geelong.

Poor method at the contest.
No hard tag on Selwood or Dangerfield.
NOTHING done to release Smith or Laird. NOTHING!
Poor tackling technique.
Leaders poor at the crunch.

A complete and utter disaster, borderline negligent preparation and unacceptable.

Oh and people here bag Port for being downhill skiiers. Well, our club has perfected it. Once again we've been found out, on the national stage. We're 8-3 with healthy percentage, yet we essentially know we don't have the cattle, grunt or game to win the 3 or 4 finals required to win the premiership. We'll go on our merry way and beat up on the lower teams, win enough for a half decent position, as we do. Then come finals, this is what we will dish up.

It is blatantly obvious.

Even more mind-blowing than our players' efforts tonight was the coaching and strategy, both going in to the match and on the night.

We made no discernable change to ANYTHING we've done in our last 5 encounters against Geelong.

Poor method at the contest.
No hard tag on Selwood or Dangerfield.
NOTHING done to release Smith or Laird. NOTHING!
Poor tackling technique.
Leaders poor at the crunch.

A complete and utter disaster, borderline negligent preparation and unacceptable.

Oh and people here bag Port for being downhill skiiers. Well, our club has perfected it. Once again we've been found out, on the national stage. We're 8-3 with healthy percentage, yet we essentially know we don't have the cattle, grunt or game to win the 3 or 4 finals required to win the premiership. We'll go on our merry way and beat up on the lower teams, win enough for a half decent position, as we do. Then come finals, this is what we will dish up.

It is blatantly obvious.
Back in the system mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back