VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

In the last 24 hours there was 108 new cases Australia wide.

The majority of deaths have come from the Ruby Princess.

The NT have had only 27 cases. So will they shut down for 12 months, I don’t think so.

More people have still died from the flu or suicide or cancer.

Needs to be put in perspective. Lots of fear mongering.

Max “father of a daughter who is working in Carona Virus ward at Box Hill, and is not busy, thank God” Leader
The Prof disagrees, Maxwell.

ncwKUHA.jpg

mpxzEdU.jpg

Based on announcements and trend from Vic Premier and Chief Health Officer, I suspect we will remain at stage 3 for April, move to stage 4 for May, if no new cases by end of May, back to stage 3 for June, stage 2 in July, meaning IF we were back to stage 1 by August the AFL could start (probably with no crowds), and we’d be back to normal behaviour by September.

So crowds attending AFL games would be possible in September - December but local footy would be shot.

Agreed. I don't think people realise how much the restrictions will have to be paired back before local footy can resume. Even if we see the flattening of the curve and the no. of new daily cases decrease to nearly zero soon, there is no way the restrictions will be eased back for months. I'd say if we aren't back close to normal in 10 or so weeks, you can stick a fork in local footy for 2020, unfortunately. There's no way local cricket is being pushed back to allow us to run longer, either. That is if they can even start by October, too.

No idea. He just sent me a pm to kill his account and nicked off.
He sent me a PM last night having a go at me and others because we hide behind alias's. I responded by giving him my full name (DV). I said stop pretending to be someone else. I have evidence.

Max "DV" Leader

Do you work in the Medical industry am .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I always have this urge to start responses to you with 'Bedders' when I know you aren't him because OTP said so.

Mr GI, Putting to one side the drive-by contained in your post the answer is 'no'. However, I do like to go to authoritative sources for my info and you couldn't go to a more credible source than Prof Doherty, a Nobel Prize winner. Not only recognised as a pre-eminnet Immunologist in Australia but globally also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its timely to remind everyone that I try to run this place like an after-match gathering in the clubrooms. Plenty of discussion about teams and results (not this year for obvious reasons), light-hearted banter, the odd poking of sticks to get a bite, but nothing nasty and no continual niggling.

Do not post anything on here that you would not say to a person's face in the above scenario. And if you do, be prepared for a reaction from the opposition players.

Do not do anything that would cause you to be asked to leave (temporarily or permanently). If the club president wanders over and suggests you pull your head in, please take it on board. He doesn't like his advice to be ignored.

So what the hell are we going to talk about for the next ten months?

Thanks
OTP

I think its timely to remind everyone that I try to run this place like an after-match gathering in the clubrooms. Plenty of discussion about teams and results (not this year for obvious reasons), light-hearted banter, the odd poking of sticks to get a bite, but nothing nasty and no continual niggling.

Do not post anything on here that you would not say to a person's face in the above scenario. And if you do, be prepared for a reaction from the opposition players.

Do not do anything that would cause you to be asked to leave (temporarily or permanently). If the club president wanders over and suggests you pull your head in, please take it on board. He doesn't like his advice to be ignored.

So what the hell are we going to talk about for the next ten months?

Thanks
OTP

Well said OTP, and I'm sure the vast majority of people on this platform really appreciate the work you put in.

I'm with HedgeFund and Workhorse on this, I think that timeline of stage 4 in May, then a slow release of stages to follow in the following months is the best way to move forward. It's the most realistic and safe option (in my opinion anyway). Unfortunately this would mean no local footy for the year which is truly devastating for many of us.

The one great thing above all else for local footballers is their club provides a sense of community and belonging. It's quite often a support network for many men and women and that will be missing in 2020. lets not underestimate the effect that will have on a lot of people. It's important to keep in touch with all players, club committee members and general supporters and volunteers to make sure everyone is keeping their heads above water in this trying time.
We're all missing not playing football and supporting football, but above all else, we're missing not spending time with our mates.

I always have this urge to start responses to you with 'Bedders' when I know you aren't him because OTP said so.

Mr GI, Putting to one side the drive-by contained in your post the answer is 'no'. However, I do like to go to authoritative sources for my info and you couldn't go to a more credible source than Prof Doherty, a Nobel Prize winner. Not only recognised as a pre-eminnet Immunologist in Australia but globally also.

Thanks for clarifying my question. Old mate Beds would be very bored with no one to help . You seem to be close with him in some way , or just two Monders .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well said OTP, and I'm sure the vast majority of people on this platform really appreciate the work you put in.

I'm with HedgeFund and Workhorse on this, I think that timeline of stage 4 in May, then a slow release of stages to follow in the following months is the best way to move forward. It's the most realistic and safe option (in my opinion anyway). Unfortunately this would mean no local footy for the year which is truly devastating for many of us.

The one great thing above all else for local footballers is their club provides a sense of community and belonging. It's quite often a support network for many men and women and that will be missing in 2020. lets not underestimate the effect that will have on a lot of people. It's important to keep in touch with all players, club committee members and general supporters and volunteers to make sure everyone is keeping their heads above water in this trying time.
We're all missing not playing football and supporting football, but above all else, we're missing not spending time with our mates.
Great post Gia. However, let's not give the master blaster a swelled head. ;)

I would love to see a VAFA carnival during August/early September where there is shortened quarters and 1 team from each club plays in a round robin type scenario across a weekend. That way we could crown 'premiers' for each section. No interference with cricket and clubs would manage players so that multiple games are played across a weekend.

Geez I miss footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back