VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

s**t place to visit as an away team and crap to get to!

Ditto for Parkdale and there weren’t new rooms last time I visited. Plus just a s**t club overall.

Whitefriars is easily the best ground in the comp!

So other than dread what’s the issue with Friar Park? Magnificent ground, great size and heaps of parking.
Friars included due to the ground. Parking is OKAY and rooms decent.

Therry included due to away rooms. Those that have visited will attest.
Friars ground is on a slope and not a great surface to play football on

Ditto for Parkdale and there weren’t new rooms last time I visited. Plus just a s**t club overall.

So other than dread what’s the issue with Friar Park? Magnificent ground, great size and heaps of parking.

What club are you from sir ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All off street parking and plenty of space for everyone.

But the ground? How longs it been since you visited the hallowed turf? One of the best surfaces around and a great size which is beneficial in finals footy.

If going on grounds then we’d have to add Princes Park, the biggest bog heap of all time, even when every other ground is great!

Re Friars.ground very good. Supporter cover and seating virtually non existent. Canteen ordinary and a fair way off from the ground.

Having been there many times, Friars ground is one of the best.

Therry I thought was based on the fact that from June it is a bog. And yeah, away rooms suck.

But the ground? How longs it been since you visited the hallowed turf? One of the best surfaces around and a great size which is beneficial in finals footy.

If going on grounds then we’d have to add Princes Park, the biggest bog heap of all time, even when every other ground is great!
Has been a few years and could be many more with their imminent return to D2

You must be coming from the other side of town then , we all hate travelling . Where are you from then. Parkdale and Ormond are near major roads

Princes Park in Caulfield , if so it's been renovated and only the cricket pitch gets muddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst ground for mine is Toorak Park. That's simply because Collegians always seem to lose there, the rooms (now portables) have always been mediocre. You know the rooms are bad when your father says he remembers the rooms being like that when he was a kid! This was made in reference to the old away rooms where the new cricket nets are.

A grade clubs have great facilities in all honesty most of the time. I did play an under 19s game at Brens Oval and that wasn't the world's most even ground from what I recall, I'm not sure if it has changed much.

Worst ground for mine is Toorak Park. That's simply because Collegians always seem to lose there, the rooms (now portables) have always been mediocre. You know the rooms are bad when your father says he remembers the rooms being like that when he was a kid! This was made in reference to the old away rooms where the new cricket nets are.

A grade clubs have great facilities in all honesty most of the time. I did play an under 19s game at Brens Oval and that wasn't the world's most even ground from what I recall, I'm not sure if it has changed much.
Huh, when we played there a couple of weeks ago against Prahran we were in the normal rooms under the Grandstand

Love the last point general dread of going somewhere you don’t want to.

How many good football sides have dropped games because of this mind set by over the years
Chelsworth is always a treat for oppo clubs.

But new club rooms in 2024 should see some improvement.

Dave Matthew's Glen Eira AFC. See footy record. He celebrates his 650th game in the VAFA as a player and coach. Fantastic achievement Dave.
Pleasure to umpire any team Save Matthews was coaching / co coaching. Never a bad word towards men in green, also had a lot to do with him in his year at Bull Temp, one of the best coaches going around still yo this day!

What's going down at VAFA HQ?

Two instances of extreme violence in Div 3 (Richmond) and last weekend for Div 4. Div 3 suspension after a number of weeks. The div 4 suspension hasn't been released (which is concerning) and seen numerous reports of violence from the club in question (Masala). Where is there statement against violence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back