VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

Looks like The VAFA and Beaser have been in chats and I’m hearing a punishment has been delivered. $300 fine and a suspended sentence. Seems that the Bears had zero knowledge of said ‘Gath’ and that participants in this little run around may not have had any links to the club at all. Some private session training is how it was described.
Good to put a full stop on this one prior to the re kick off tomorrow.
Also allows the Professor of Promotion to get back to doing what he does best..get the mighty Bears back up to C Grade and continue their 145 years of excellence and tradition.
Cheers Hipp.

I doubt punishment will be anywhere near as harsh as people suggesting here. If a large fine majority of it will be suspended. Possibly some points lost. Not much point fining the Club out of existence.
Also doubt VAFA have the power to fine an individual. I may be wrong.

Looks like The VAFA and Beaser have been in chats and I’m hearing a punishment has been delivered. $300 fine and a suspended sentence. Seems that the Bears had zero knowledge of said ‘Gath’ and that participants in this little run around may not have had any links to the club at all. Some private session training is how it was described.
Good to put a full stop on this one prior to the re kick off tomorrow.
Also allows the Professor of Promotion to get back to doing what he does best..get the mighty Bears back up to C Grade and continue their 145 years of excellence and tradition.
Cheers Hipp.
So how come there were multiple senior players in the video, including the captain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Anderson says it was 4 players and not an authorized club training session.

Jon must be blind,
start of clip is 6 people, it pans to the goals and we're greeted by red shirt (target?) & white shirt - 8

50 seconds in, pans again and can count 11 players plus the coach.

that's looking at the blurred footage :mask:

Jon must be blind,
start of clip is 6 people, it p
Jon must be blind,
start of clip is 6 people, it pans to the goals and we're greeted by red shirt (target?) & white shirt - 8

50 seconds in, pans again and can count 11 players plus the coach.

that's looking at the blurred footage :mask:

Jon must have had a few too many pints with Beaser at the Harp when he was getting the story :cool: ;)

Cheeky Chump.

What a load of crap.
Not a nice thing to say about one of your peeps MG. After all, he did your peeps a favour in having a crack at Mr Fund in his rumour column a while back.

OMB. For accuracy, Ando said there were 8 players there at the time. 4 from Kew. Have no idea how many were from Kew, but from the vid I posted there didn't appear to be many more than around 8 in all.

Ando also said it's not the end of it yet. 'Hip' should still have some concern over where it finally lands and what the consequences might be for his football love child.

Not a nice thing to say about one of your peeps MG. After all, he did your peeps a favour in having a crack at Mr Fund in his rumour column a while back.

OMB. For accuracy, Ando said there were 8 players there at the time. 4 from Kew. Have no idea how many were from Kew, but from the vid I posted there didn't appear to be many more than around 8 in all.

Ando also said it's not the end of it yet. 'Hip' should still have some concern over where it finally lands and what the consequences might be for his football love child.

Hey AM,
Beaser will cop a little whack. But Kew FC wont. Nothing to see there.
Great game between Kew and Whitefriars today I hear. Toss a blanket over these guys and Camberwell. Will be a big preliminary and GF. Anyone could win it.
But the matchday maestro aka professor promotion gives the bears a nice little edge IMO.

Hey AM,
Beaser will cop a little whack. But Kew FC wont. Nothing to see there.
Great game between Kew and Whitefriars today I hear. Toss a blanket over these guys and Camberwell. Will be a big preliminary and GF. Anyone could win it.
But the matchday maestro aka professor promotion gives the bears a nice little edge IMO.

The skipper might be in some bother Hip? And I'm hearing a few senior guys not very happy with the situation at all. Not only disappointed it happened, but also that a certain committee person was 'ok' with it all. Seems the committee my need to grow a set and finally say NO to Beaser from time to time or risk losing a few players come 2022. #nothappyjan

Chump.

The skipper might be in some bother Hip? And I'm hearing a few senior guys not very happy with the situation at all. Not only disappointed it happened, but also that a certain committee person was 'ok' with it all. Seems the committee my need to grow a set and finally say NO to Beaser from time to time or risk losing a few players come 2022. #nothappyjan

Chump.

Individuals could be in a bit of strife definitely. Can imagine they will be dealt with by the authorities in a similar way to the protestors.

they definitely were all from Kew. They were told to wear different club jumpers

That itself shows that Ian Aitken knew they were not supposed to be training as a group whilst in lockdown. They need to be banned for remaider of the season If it was Kew U19s (who sit on top of the ladder) they will be sweating on investigation.
Watch Brett Connell and VAFA dismiss it as "its a chief health officers/health department issue to investigate"
Or Investigation will be held after finals.

Remember Kew were fined $5-6k for massive "melee" against Bulleen Templestowe where Aitken was given 2 weeks suspension from coaching for 2 weeks as there was vision (alleged) of him going to punch a player on the ground.

Video footage is very imcriminating Ian. Time to step down and give coaching away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back