VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

I cast a eye over the league this year and I can honestly say kyabram would of beaten nearly all of the div 1 teams this year.. the league has dropped off a lot.

Who was the last player drafted from the league? Was it Evans from the deEs
WTF ARE YOU ON ABOUT , we have a Premier division, Div 1 is our 4th grade , now jog on

That's what I'm talking about divy 1 (premier)🤦‍♂️ had a mate playing for Brighton and he agrees the league standard has dropped a lot..
I find that hard to believe. Listening to Josh Green (Uni Blues - Ex Brisbane/Ess) talk this year, he rated the top sides in Premier as good if not better than NEAFL sides. No disrespect but i find it hard to believe that Kyabram would be at that standard

That's what I'm talking about divy 1 (premier)🤦‍♂️ had a mate playing for Brighton and he agrees the league standard has dropped a lot..

A Grade standard in 2019 was incredible. Never been better. I think your mate was being sarcastic and you missed his wit. Or perhaps it was opposites day..

A Grade standard in 2019 was incredible. Never been better. I think your mate was being sarcastic and you missed his wit. Or perhaps it was opposites day..

You are kidding right ? I watched all the finals and Brighton games the level has dropped a stack..
Aryce cordy jokes he doesn't have to train anymore..

I have no question some bush teams are of the sane quailty

You are kidding right ? I watched all the finals and Brighton games the level has dropped a stack..

How odd that an amateur comp, with many top players unavailable, always matches it with a country team chosen from many comps all of whom pay their players.

If your really saw Brighton games this year and you thought the standard was poor then you have NFI. Plenty of quality there and well coached.

You made-up the Ayce line.

Always found the bush teams quite sane.

How odd that an amateur comp, with many top players unavailable, always matches it with a country team chosen from many comps all of whom pay their players.

If your really saw Brighton games this year and you thought the standard was poor then you have NFI. Plenty of quality there and well coached.

Ah here he is. The Mighty AM, the ultimate VAFA nuffy and destroyer of all naysayers.
Wines to cripps may actually know Ayce personally but according to the all powerful AM, that couldn't be possible!

Disagree wholeheartedly.
I think this years Blues and Skobs would have pantsed any recent Ammos best sides of last 5-10 years.
And what they would have done to any bush team is not even worth considering. Would have made this years AFL GF look competitive.
We just keep getting stronger and stronger. And seem to get more visitors on here telling us we have problems.
Gold!!

Ah here he is. The Mighty AM, the ultimate VAFA nuffy and destroyer of all naysayers.
Wines to cripps may actually know Ayce personally but according to the all powerful AM, that couldn't be possible!

I think it’s the fact that Ayce Cordy actually trains that makes his comments silly.

Heard a VFL coach interviewed in the week following the Premier GF. He suggested that Uni Blues would comfortably beat all but a handful of current VFL teams. They had 11 players with AFL experience with the rest made up of ex VFL players or very highly rated suburban or country players. The only metro or country team that would get near them would be Vermont .

I heard an earlier comparison with I think Kyneton. Kyneton would not get within 25 goals of Uni Blues.

As for the SFL. Have seen a few SFL games in recent years. Serves its purpose and some clubs well suited to that league but my own observations are that the crowds are small and the standard is poor.

And any informed VAFA observer knows that the standard in Premier has gone through the roof in recent seasons .

BTW Brighton play on a grass less, windswept goat track - the worst ground in the top 3 divisions. Not the best venue by which to judge the quality of the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the official vafa web site page made the cordy line up ? 😂😂😂 and when he told us face to face that was a lie too? Come on man wakey wakey the league has dropped a stack in recent times..

How many of the players played under 18 tac footy..

Oh by the way the team was kyabram 🤦‍♂️ they have 5 ex afl players and 12 bushys they would beat uni blues 9 tin6es out of 10 no question ...

Last edited:
Heard a VFL coach interviewed in the week following the Premier GF. He suggested that Uni Blues would comfortably beat all but a handful of current VFL teams. They had 11 players with AFL experience with the rest made up of ex VFL players or very highly rated suburban or country players. The only metro or country team that would get near them would be Vermont .

I heard an earlier comparison with I think Kyneton. Kyneton would not get within 25 goals of Uni Blues.

As for the SFL. Have seen a few SFL games in recent years. Serves its purpose and some clubs well suited to that league but my own observations are that the crowds are small and the standard is poor.

And any informed VAFA observer knows that the standard in Premier has gone through the roof in recent seasons .

BTW Brighton play on a grass less, windswept goat track - the worst ground in the top 3 divisions. Not the best venue by which to judge the quality of the competition.

😂😂😂😂!! Honestly how many matches have you watched outside the league?
Name the elite players at uni blues? Helps they have the only ruck over 196cm

When was the last time a player got picked from the comp to get drafted?

Where do the vfl top ups come from a quick glance country footy..

And clearly you haven't been to many grounds if you think Brighton is bad head out to Ormond and places

Disagree wholeheartedly.
I think this years Blues and Skobs would have pantsed any recent Ammos best sides of last 5-10 years.
And what they would have done to any bush team is not even worth considering. Would have made this years AFL GF look competitive.
We just keep getting stronger and stronger. And seem to get more visitors on here telling us we have problems.
Gold!!

Losing teams and players is getting stronger to you ? Honestly once the afl start up a ressie comp the vfl will take a big peice of the small pie the ammos have imo

And clearly you haven't been to many grounds if you think Brighton is bad head out to Ormond and places

Kyabram a solid unit. Would get closer - maybe with 10/15 goals.

Elite players - well Uni Blues had 11 who played at the top level so I guess in the scheme of metro/country footy they would be elite.

Most Premier clubs have between 5-12 VFL players on their books.

And the VAFA has two players drafted directly out of the VAFA last year. Both from St.Kevins.

Kyabram a solid unit. Would get closer - maybe with 10/15 goals.

Elite players - well Uni Blues had 11 who played at the top level so I guess in the scheme of metro/country footy they would be elite.

Most Premier clubs have between 5-12 VFL players on their books.

And the VAFA has two players drafted directly out of the VAFA last year. Both from St.Kevins.

😂😂😂😂 you clearly don't watch footy outside of you're bubble when players in the bubble say the same thing as I am. a good country side would match the blues and beat them pretty simple logic. 🤦‍♂️

But hey keep rating the Harper bros so highly but😂

Agree to disagree shall we 😂

Now you have lost the plot , Ormond was resurfaced 5 years ago and was a great surface all year , just show what trolling is like !

Opinions are like...... everyone has one.. or 2

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So the official vafa web site page made the cordy line up ? 😂😂😂 and when he told us face to face that was a lie too? Come on man wakey wakey the league has dropped a stack in recent times..

How many of the players played under 18 tac footy..

Oh by the way the team was kyabram 🤦‍♂️ they have 5 ex afl players and 12 bushys they would beat uni blues 9 tin6es out of 10 no question ...
Frankly, based on your posting, I'd take with a grain of salt everything you claim.

I thought school holidays were over.

I thought the South Road surface was in reasonable nick this year JJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back