Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They will only take notice of empty stands and lost revenue, stop going and watch them squirm till they change their attitude or wither and die.

We need a social media campaign to unite us and force change, it can be done and wouldnt take long once they know we're up for the fight.
Didn't Port supporters stop going years ago? They basically propped up the SA sign making sector.

Nawww, not that difficult. Whoever are the minor premiers, that is where the GF is played.
That is not a rotating GF policy.

And then you also have the inane situation of when the minor premier bombs out...especially applicable to SA teams.

In 2005, why would you want the GF to be in Adelaide for a WC v Sydney game and just stop thousands of club members being able to get a ticket?

How many got off charges that they were originally suspended for (using the "good bloke" defence).

I'll wait....
What do you mean? They don't even get reported to begin with...

Hodge attempting to put someone in a wheelchair by ramming their head into a behind post = Didn't mean it because he's such a great bloke.

Pendlebury gets a fine for striking Neale in the guts, something most players would get at least a week for = Good bloke.

Dangerfield knocks Vlaustin into next week during the grand final at the Gabba = Not even looked at because he's a 'great bloke'

Cotchin = No case to answer for KO'ing a bloke in that prelim because he's such a great bloke.

Then there was the 'Basher' Houli defence that involved Waleed and the PM. Don't think he got off that one though, thankfully.

MCC tickets are non-transferrable for the GF. You need to scan in using your membership card and they do spot checks on the day to make sure people don't hand off their card card to someone else.

No member is going to risk getting their membership cancelled.

But you guys go ahead assuming you know how things work...
Not to mention that close to half of the MCC allocation is walk-up, where the members queue overnight and scan in using their membership card that has photo ID on it the morning of the GF to get a seat.

That is not a rotating GF policy.

And then you also have the inane situation of when the minor premier bombs out...especially applicable to SA teams.

In 2005, why would you want the GF to be in Adelaide for a WC v Sydney game and just stop thousands of club members being able to get a ticket?
As I said, minor premiers get the Gf. Things can change you know.

What do you mean? They don't even get reported to begin with...

Hodge attempting to put someone in a wheelchair by ramming their head into a behind post = Didn't mean it because he's such a great bloke.

Pendlebury gets a fine for striking Neale in the guts, something most players would get at least a week for = Good bloke.

Dangerfield knocks Vlaustin into next week during the grand final at the Gabba = Not even looked at because he's a 'great bloke'

Cotchin = No case to answer for KO'ing a bloke in that prelim because he's such a great bloke.

Then there was the 'Basher' Houli defence that involved Waleed and the PM. Don't think he got off that one though, thankfully.

Not sure why you'd post an example that doesn't actually do anything to support your position... :tearsofjoy:

Can't wait for the GF at Giants stadium or whatever it's called these days. What a spectacle that will be!
Things change, it wasn't that long ago when we had 16 teams.
If GWS are a success they will certainly get a brand new shiny stadium, just like WC did.
Your thinking is to short term to be in this discussion.

As I said, minor premiers get the Gf. Things can change you know.
You realise that you were quoting my response to a poster wanting to rotate the GF?

You are putting forward another solution, but again not really clear what problem you are solving?

Is it travel? The change wont minimise travel?

Is it fairness? What happens like in 2006 when Sydney travel and beat the minor premier on their home deck in the QF? Why the feck do they still again have to play thr GF at WC ground?

Is it access to tickets for competing club members? Cant be, as the minor premier is no gaurantee of being in the GF. Why would you stage the GF at the ground of the minor premier who isnt even playing and leave a much larger venue just sitting empty?

So what is the benefit of the GF at the ground of the minor premier?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realise that you were quoting my response to a poster wanting to rotate the GF?

You are putting forward another solution, but again not really clear what problem you are solving?

Is it travel? The change wont minimise travel?

Is it fairness? What happens like in 2006 when Sydney travel and beat the minor premier on their home deck in the QF? Why the feck do they still again have to play thr GF at WC ground?

Is it access to tickets for competing club members? Cant be, as the minor premier is no gaurantee of being in the GF. Why would you stage the GF at the ground of the minor premier who isnt even playing and leave a much larger venue just sitting empty?

So what is the benefit of the GF at the ground of the minor premier?
It is simply fairness. Does it matter if Collingwood have to travel to , let's say Qld for a GF and defeat the Lions who were minor premiers, no not at all.
Brissy earned that right to play on this home deck by finishing top and if they blow it then bad luck.
The same cannot be said if Brissy have finished top and then travel to Collingwoods home ground to defend the minor premiers role.
That is the epitome of unfairness or, as we call it
"Vicbias".

Things change, it wasn't that long ago when we had 16 teams.
If GWS are a success they will certainly get a brand new shiny stadium, just like WC did.
Your thinking is to short term to be in this discussion.
What on earth has the number of teams got to do with how many people turn up to watch GWS?

When would you propose this change happens? If there is such an injustice at the moment why should we have to wait for "long term" thinking for a solution?

It is simply fairness.
Your solution - minor premier hosts the GF doesn't solve a fairness concern.

As noted, it doesn't consider the scenario where the minor premier loses their QF but still qualifies.

It isn't fair that a team that hasn't lost a final, and already beat the minor premier in finals, at the minor premiers home ground.

If you are trying to create a fairer solution, you can do better...try again.

That is the epitome of unfairness or, as we call it
"Vicbias".
Again you do realise that currently - Geelong, StKilda, North, W.Bulldogs (and Essendon as they are an Marvel tenant) dont get any home finals...even in Wk1, 2 or 3?

That is the epitome of unfairness.

Unlike the WA wowsers who rant and sook, most just get on with it. They get that finals are AFL controlled games and not club games.

Unfortunately the change linked to that specific outcome usually favours Victorians, that why the discontent.
The WA discontent all boils down to Australian geography.

There are two teams based on the other side of the continent in one of the most isolated cities in the world.

Their supporters then complain about geographic considerations that they think the AFL should fix.

It is equivalent to a Newcastle United fan sooking that the premier league is London biased...because their are 7 teams based in London, it has the biggest stadium (Wembley) and it is unfair that the big finals and London based fans get to more games easier.

And yet Sydney have far more advantages than the club i support.

You are an example of a whinny Sydney fan who now expects to get favoured over the rest of the competition, you now believe it's Sydney's right for the AFL to gift your club premierships.

Sook

Really? I must have imagined all those priority picks Melbourne got, or the fact the AFL paid to bring in a coach for Melbourne to fix up the mess you guys made of your own list. Also must have forgotten about the fact you guys play your home games at the venue of the Grand Final.

I also must have imagined that because Melbourne drafted mostly from Victoria you guys did not have a lot of players trying to leave when your team was terrible, thus disadvantaging you more.

Turns out I have a rather active imagination.

Really? I must have imagined all those priority picks Melbourne got, or the fact the AFL paid to bring in a coach for Melbourne to fix up the mess you guys made of your own list. Also must have forgotten about the fact you guys play your home games at the venue of the Grand Final.

I also must have imagined that because Melbourne drafted mostly from Victoria you guys did not have a lot of players trying to leave when your team was terrible, thus disadvantaging you more.

Turns out I have a rather active imagination.

So Melbourne played our home games at the venue of our Grand Final win did we? Try again, as it turns out you actually have nfi, but that would surprise no one.

The irony of a Sydney fan sooking over other teams getting AFL handouts is hilarious, Sydney goes back to suckle at the AFL teat on a yearly basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back