Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

That's right TD, actually Fogarty, Kelly then Constable. 22, 24 and 35.
We had JW training with us but the kicking efficiency knock went viral here before the draft.
Kelly is a ripper player a great pick and l reckon Constable who's a big mid has big potential and will play next year.
Not so thrilled with Fogarty just to limited imo. I would've rather we roll the dice on Worphel a Geelong falcons boy that never should've got away.
Ideal Joel replacement l thought, a real tough nut. You did well.

Kelly is a ripper mate. You just have to hold on to him now.

Rapt with Worps. Keen to see what he can do in finals too.

Is he a chance of defecting?
By the end of 2019 Selwood body will be all over the place, no GAJ, Danger hitting 30 plus chance of losing Kelly!!!
We took the chance on the kid when cats passed three times, so I wouldn’t worry that much about retaining him.
Geelong midfield stocks are going to take a big hit by the end of next year and they are looking to bolster that area of the ground by been aggressive.
My source, was ropeable and worried about the Worpel family being cats supporters and their may be a chance losing him but Gunston family is Dons through and through and he can’t be happier in the B&G! I honestly wouldn’t be concerned. I only bought it up because my source has been very very good in the past.

By the end of 2019 Selwood body will be all over the place, no GAJ, Danger hitting 30 plus chance of losing Kelly!!!
We took the chance on the kid when cats passed three times, so I wouldn’t worry that much about retaining him.
Geelong midfield stocks are going to take a big hit by the end of next year and they are looking to bolster that area of the ground by been aggressive.
My source, was ropeable and worried about the Worpel family being cats supporters and their may be a chance losing him but Gunston family is Dons through and through and he can’t be happier in the B&G! I honestly wouldn’t be concerned. I only bought it up because my source has been very very good in the past.

Cant wait for them to be continually s**t year after year.

Surely any of the family still supporting the Handbaggers will be fully switched off of them after Selwood tried to play Worpel as opposed to the ball last week.

Buddy and his old man were massive Demons fans - he was never a threat of going there. Mitchell was a massive Saints fan. Tom Mitchell probably grew up supporting one of the clubs his dad played for.

I wouldn’t worry about a defection. There aren’t that many players who head back to their hometown club - Danger is one of the few I can think of.

Different player to Selwood, but his impact this past month has got to be as good or better than what Selwood was producing in his first year.

Has anyone got Worp’s stats from the last month?

I know he’s physically solid, but still a huge amount of physicil development left in this guy.

Last 5 weeks

Averages
23 disposals
9 contested possessions
5 tackles
3 clearances
3 marks
5 inside 50’s
7 score involvements
290 meters gained
74% time on ground

Surely any of the family still supporting the Handbaggers will be fully switched off of them after Selwood tried to play Worpel as opposed to the ball last week.

Buddy and his old man were massive Demons fans - he was never a threat of going there. Mitchell was a massive Saints fan. Tom Mitchell probably grew up supporting one of the clubs his dad played for.

I wouldn’t worry about a defection. There aren’t that many players who head back to their hometown club - Danger is one of the few I can think of.
I highly doubt it would even be an option for him. Cats went after Sicily in 2015-16 and it didn’t amount to much. Hawks will make sure the young up and coming guns are well compensated. Doesn’t mean the cats won’t try though, nothing more nothing less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, he's from Bannockburn.....so he must want to play for the Cats.

Nah, don't see it. Who you support as a kid doesn't mean much. We've had quite a few boys from down that way come to the club, and can't think of one that's left.

Never happened.

He turned his back on a rookie contract for a chance at a list spot and ended up at Freo.
I Guess it comes down to what you consider a Hawthorn player. He was on our list as a rookie for a year before heading to Freo.

I Guess it comes down to what you consider a Hawthorn player. He was on our list as a rookie for a year before heading to Freo.

The question was the last player who left Hawthorn for the Cats, not Hawthorn for the cats by way of Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back