List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We then take Danger at 3 in the ND because there is no way Carlton or Brisbane take him at #1 or #2, the only risk is Ess/Melb so by getting ahead of them we are virtually guaranteed to get Danger. We give up the two first rounders and get Danger Smith and some later picks which is good for us.

Why are you confident that Carlton wouldn't take him at pick #1 ?

Not sure if this has been posted already but Scoop Maclure in 3AW Sports Today reported last night the deal is done. Geelong have traded pick 9 plus either a 2nd round pick in next year's draft or a swap of next year's first round draft picks. So no players from Geelong to be in the mix.

Has one any checked for a response on the Crows board? ...so P9 + 2016 GeeP1 ( p9-p14<> AdeP1(p9-p14).. My only issue is would the Crows and us have any idea where we will finish next year... we might finish higher than them. My guess is they would want our R1 and their R2 or just our R2.
I find it a little intriguing that no SA boys would be wanting to go back.

and trading our R1 , restricts other trades in future..not ideal

Last edited:
I don't think GC would like to spend all of that time creating a complicated trade to just be leverage in another trade.

If GC will go for it ( They wouldn't, we would be robbing them blind. If we have a good year next year and the future first round pick is worth pick 14,what we'd be hoping, they'd be paying us to take Zac Smith off their hands. If we have a really bad year and the future pick generates pick 4, which is what they'd be hoping, would value Zac Smith around pick 27, they'd be confident that they can get a better deal than that). If you took out Zac Smith out of the trade, the break even for the trade would be the future pick being between 10 and 11. Which makes it a lot more likely go through

In any case if we got pick 3. It weakens their bargaining power even further (as we remove the worry that someone like Essendon or Melbourne would pick him up with an earlier pick). That pick 3 would set an absolute maximum price for Dangerfield. We have zero incentive to go over that value. They'd have to give us something back in return and not just some little pieces on the side. The compensation pick sets the lower bound of the trade.

Pick 3 2234
pick 13 (Adelaide first pick) 1212
Pick 14 (potential compensation pick) 1161

Cutting that in the middle would be pick 3 and 28 for Dangerfield and pick 13. Valuing Dangerfield at 1699 points (between pick 6 and 7)

If we did that trade

The two movements together would be

Out
Future first round pick
pick 9 (1469 points)
pick 28 (677 points)
In
Dangerfield (1699 points)
pick 13 (1212 points)
pick 40 (429 points)
pick 58 (170 points)
Future first round pick break even = 3510-2146= 1364 which is between pick 10 and 11

Though after going through those complicated dealings we might as well just pass on the two rounders for Dangerfield. Which isn't going to happen.

I still think that he will move via free agency with at best minor switch around of picks, it doesn't make sense from our perspective to give them close to the value they want.

Very insightful as well... I like the DVI approach

Paddy & Mardi came into my work for lunch earlier in the week.

All I can say about Mardi is, Well you get my gist :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::D.....
And they eat for free right….

Go Catters

My signature changes for no one!

Imo, Afc will get 2 x 1st rounds value minimum, but may be through different means. 1st & 2nd & Murdoch.
Yeah I didn't think that you'd take the bet.

So now both you and Vader have folded like a pack of cards. It speaks volumes I reckon. You can continue to talk tough but I've called your bluff and you've wilted, just like your club will.

You can continue to live in fantasy land if you wish KMG, but we all have to wake up and face reality eventually.

You've been deluded throughout this whole saga mate.

Yeah I didn't think that you'd take the bet.

So now both you and Vader have folded like a pack of cards. It speaks volumes I reckon. You can continue to talk tough but I've called your bluff and you've wilted, just like your club will.

You can continue to live in fantasy land if you wish KMG, but we all have to wake up and face reality eventually.

You've been deluded throughout this whole saga mate.
Not everyone feels the need to bet! I'm anti-gambling & all the betting adverts are a disgrace. Too many lives are damaged by gambling addictions... But this is another topic.

Having said that, my main reason is I have had the same signature since the beginning & don't intend to change it for anyone.

Imo Afc will get 2 x 1st rounder value, so feel free to quote me if I'm wrong. No problems I will reply. Not betting doesn't make a person weak.

Not everyone feels the need to bet! I'm anti-gambling & all the betting adverts are a disgrace. Too many lives are damaged by gambling addictions... But this is another topic.

Having said that, my main reason is I have had the same signature since the beginning & don't intend to change it for anyone.

Imo Afc will get 2 x 1st rounder value, so feel free to quote me if I'm wrong. No problems I will reply. Not betting doesn't make a person weak.
Dude it was a signature bet. I wasn't suggesting that we should be betting for anything of real value. I respect your wishes in any case.

Nah, you won't be hearing from me after the event, no matter what the result is. Personally I just think that is pathetic and shows a real lack of humility. Besides, if there were people that I was going to go gloating to it wouldn't be you anyway mate.

Also, I never said that you were weak either.

It's actually going to be very interesting to see how it all works out in the end...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So now apparently collingwood have offered him 1.2m for 8 years. Lol where do these rumours come from?
A 15 year old who runs one of those stupid trade whisper pages on facebook...

Adelaide will get 2 compo picks courtesy of Gil and his desire to not see this challenged. Cats WILL get Danger for nothing. S Selwood is as good as locked in, as is Henderson. Thats being done for a 2nd rounder and Josh Walker. Bookmark all of this.
This a genuine inside Sauce? Or just the speculation of someone 15,000 kms away?

Adelaide will get 2 compo picks courtesy of Gil and his desire to not see this challenged. Cats WILL get Danger for nothing. S Selwood is as good as locked in, as is Henderson. Thats being done for a 2nd rounder and Josh Walker. Bookmark all of this.
I will take you out for a refreshing beverage if this all occurs

This a genuine inside Sauce? Or just the speculation of someone 15,000 kms away?
a) im in Asia at the moment. Closer than 15,000. b) inside HP from a person i trust a lot. Some will doubt me - and thats totally fine. I actually coudnt care less. But some who ive messaed in the past know that my mail is mostly good, and this is good mail. And logic would dictate that its good. Think about this logically. Geelong have known for over 12 months he was coming home. Theyve known Adelaide wont just roll over on yet another departing star. They know the rules and that Adelaide can match and that forces a trade. Cook is the best in the business. Do you really think the games BEST administrator is going to give away the best draft pick we've had in 10 years when he doesnt absolutely have to? Theyve got the ability through clearing the decks to blow Adelaide out of the water. the Pay structure talk is just white noise. Cook has even said that free agency has altered their perception on the "pay structure". There's a lot of s**t being taked by passionate fans who have little to no idea on how a multi million dollar business (an AFL club) actually operates.

Bottom line is that the best administrator wont give up the best pick they've had in over a decade just cos he wants to be a good bloke. Not when theres a mechanism to get PD for nothing. The AFL will make sure everyone is happy. Thats the mail i have. And if they dont, Geelong have a plan b. Bottom line is we wont be trading anyone of substance, nor will we give away our first pick.

As for Henderson, Carlton are just puffing their chest out. They have no hand at all in this situation. Henderson has told them he'll just sit out the draft and go through the draft with a number and an attitude of "i wont sign for more than a year then ill leave. Feel free to waste a pick" They need a key forward and Walker is a good honest battler. That deals done. Walker and 2nd round pick.

S Selwood will have surgery and nominate Geelong. WC happy to get pick 33 ish for him via compo.

a) im in Asia at the moment. Closer than 15,000. b) inside HP from a person i trust a lot. Some will doubt me - and thats totally fine. I actually coudnt care less. But some who ive messaed in the past know that my mail is mostly good, and this is good mail. And logic would dictate that its good. Think about this logically. Geelong have known for over 12 months he was coming home. Theyve known Adelaide wont just roll over on yet another departing star. They know the rules and that Adelaide can match and that forces a trade. Cook is the best in the business. Do you really think the games BEST administrator is going to give away the best draft pick we've had in 10 years when he doesnt absolutely have to? Theyve got the ability through clearing the decks to blow Adelaide out of the water. the Pay structure talk is just white noise. Cook has even said that free agency has altered their perception on the "pay structure". There's a lot of s**t being taked by passionate fans who have little to no idea on how a multi million dollar business (an AFL club) actually operates.

Bottom line is that the best administrator wont give up the best pick they've had in over a decade just cos he wants to be a good bloke. Not when theres a mechanism to get PD for nothing. The AFL will make sure everyone is happy. Thats the mail i have. And if they dont, Geelong have a plan b. Bottom line is we wont be trading anyone of substance, nor will we give away our first pick.

As for Henderson, Carlton are just puffing their chest out. They have no hand at all in this situation. Henderson has told them he'll just sit out the draft and go through the draft with a number and an attitude of "i wont sign for more than a year then ill leave. Feel free to waste a pick" They need a key forward and Walker is a good honest battler. That deals done. Walker and 2nd round pick.

S Selwood will have surgery and nominate Geelong. WC happy to get pick 33 ish for him via compo.

I find the plan B bit much more believable than the two compensation picks, it would open a pandora's box that wouldn't close until the compensation picks are scrapped. Everytime a half decent player leaves on good money you'll have teams clambering for two first round picks

I just can't see us paying a first round pick when the AFL will create one for Adelaide from scratch. We'll do a side deal that gets Adelaide to let it through the goal keeper

I find the plan B bit much more believable than the two compensation picks, it would open a pandora's box that wouldn't close until the compensation picks are scrapped. Everytime a half decent player leaves on good money you'll have teams clambering for two first round picks

I just can't see us paying a first round pick when the AFL will create one for Adelaide from scratch. We'll do a side deal that gets Adelaide to let it through the goal keeper
AFL have beaten their chest about "no Veale deals" Wont happen. Theyll call it discretion, give Adelaide 2 picks - and liken it to Geelong Ablett compo. And the compo/FA stuff will ALL change next year regardless, so it wont open any can of worms, because the current rules/goalposts are about to shift dramatically. So Gil will throw 2 picks as discretion, knowing its a one off due to the change that is coming.

#wefeedasone #lolmarty #feederclub #rooownsapub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back