New Zealand vs Australia 2nd.Test,Feb.20-24,2016 at Christchurch

Remove this Banner Ad

Sound like the response of a person who's run out of things to say, Marklar_33, you should sleep with Plugger35. You could have little baby sooks together.

Nope, just nothing that is applicable to your double digit IQ

Australia had a big advantage playing the WC final at the MCG where most of the NZ players hadn't played before.

If the WC final was held at Eden Park it would have been a different story, Australia have managed just 151 and 148 in their last two ODIs there which is even less than the 183 NZ scored in the WC final.

It would've been highly embarrassing for the ICC to hold the World Cup final on a rugby pitch with 40m boundaries. It was always going to be played on an actual cricket ground.

Been extremely disappointed with the NZ bowling over these five tests. Was supposed to be their strength but have shown next to nothing outside of the bowling dominated Adelaide day nighter.

Yeah they have good reputations based on some good home and away performances but haven't really fired a shot. Been some good brief spells but that's about it. I thought they'd be a lot better on these pitches.

In fairness i think we have proved over the years that we don't need home advantage to win the cup, the only one of our 4 away world cup wins where we had majority support from the crowd was oddly our first in india as back then england were still the bad guys to indian fans not us.
In counter fairness, this team is not the team of 99, 2003 or even 2007. It's gonna struggle away from home more often than those teams.

Australia had a big advantage playing the WC final at the MCG where most of the NZ players hadn't played before.

If the WC final was held at Eden Park it would have been a different story, Australia have managed just 151 and 148 in their last two ODIs there which is even less than the 183 NZ scored in the WC final.
If the WC was a joint bid originally I suspect the higher placed team in the group stages would have hosted it (NZ in this case). But because Australia originally bid by ourselves and then let NZ into the bid later on it meant we had a bit of power probably which led us to ask for the final regardless of who finished higher, or who made it or didn't make it, imo.

In counter fairness, this team is not the team of 99, 2003 or even 2007. It's gonna struggle away from home more often than those teams.

True but i don't think this kiwi team is at that sort of level either, the whole the aussies only won because the final was at home line could just be countered by nz might not have made the final or even the semi if they weren't at home.

What happened happened the rest is just pointless speculation, all we know for sure is we have won world cups at home and away and as the underdogs and as the favorites.

Given we've given NZ a leg up in international test match recognition should we go on to develop the other pacific islands? Was thinking samoa next. Imagine a couple of those specimens sending down a couple 150km seamers. Fiji and Solomon Islands too.

True but i don't think this kiwi team is at that sort of level either, the whole the aussies only won because the final was at home line could just be countered by nz might not have made the final or even the semi if they weren't at home.

What happened happened the rest is just pointless speculation, all we know for sure is we have won world cups at home and away and as the underdogs and as the favorites.
Look at it this way. We played 1 game at each team's home ground. NZ won by 1 wicket at home. We flogged them and it wasn't even close at home. Doesn't take a genius to see which is the better performed team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way that Kiwi team beats South Africa at the MCG with AB de Villiers going super saiyan. They only scraped over them in New Zealand because the duckworth lewis method set a lower total than it should have. It hadn't yet adapted to the way teams were playing these days, where 80-100 runs of the last 10 overs is pretty common. The rain saved them that day. Shouldn't have even been in the final as it was.

We have such double standards if Opposition do that we say what a bunch of poor sports, we do it is fine..

Smith has been poor on numerous occasions since taking over the captaincy

Wasn't the worst thing that could happen but wasn't great to see

Not sure if serious, all captains seek details on decisions.

Didn't someone post that none of the Australian's had played a test in NZ before this series? Doesn't seem to have had an effect.

Just watched the replay of the non DRS decision on cricket.com.au, reckon the Aussies had a right to be pissed. The last hotspot that appears is on the corner toe of the bat, yet the ball passed the bat about an inch higher. Unfortunately the front on replay cuts out before the bat completely passes Williamson's toe, but his shoe would have been about the right height.

At the risk of igniting the debate again, I just saw the same replay. There is a clear gap between bat and shoe if you look at the front on replay. And the corner toe where the hotspot shows up is a few inches off the ground. Couldn't have been anything else.

And also having seen Hazlewood's reaction for the first time, childish behaviour. Rightfully fined.

I'm sick of these people griping at the Australians. I don't care if Kohli and so many players get into the grills, sledge and all that stuff. It's professional sport at the highest level and we are treating them like they can't do anything.

Yeah Hazlewood did wrong but the amount of issues by people like Harsha Bhogle and jornos who don't play professional sport irk me.

I'm sick of these people griping at the Australians. I don't care if Kohli and so many players get into the grills, sledge and all that stuff. It's professional sport at the highest level and we are treating them like they can't do anything.

Yeah Hazlewood did wrong but the amount of issues by people like Harsha Bhogle and jornos who don't play professional sport irk me.

This. Who gives a s**t if there's a bit of heated discussion out on the field.

We seem to play better when we're aggressive and in the opposition's face anyway. I welcome it and everyone else can get stuffed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back