Recommitted Liam Shiels

Remove this Banner Ad

i'd be more than delighted if B.Hill decided to stay, then we'd have the 2 best wingers in the league for the next 5 or so years with I. Smith and B. Hill, can you arrange that? cheers..........
Sooo who are you trading for JOM and Mitchell?

Shiels rated obscenely high by some, you put him into a poor football side you get a very average player.
He serves the Hawks really well as he is a vital cog in their own system.

Sooo who are you trading for JOM and Mitchell?

i think those trades will be done with picks and if not directly with picks we may get a 3rd club to trade picks for players for what those clubs are wanting

we have a 1st rder, we'll get an early 2nd rder for Hill likely and a future 1st rder to trade, so thats 3 picks in the top 20-odd which holds some currency and maybe upgrades for later picks or a fringe player to smooth crap over...... thats the list managers job to smooth out the wrinkles

O'Meara + T. Mitchell for picks 16?(1st rder) pick 22?(hill trade) + 2017 1st rder + fringe or upgraded picks

thats my guess

Shiels rated obscenely high by some, you put him into a poor football side you get a very average player.
He serves the Hawks really well as he is a vital cog in their own system.

Shiels is over-rated by many Hawk Supporter and Under-Rated by many non-Hawk Supporter....... he is better than average, but not great

i think those trades will be done with picks and if not directly with picks we may get a 3rd club to trade picks for players for what those clubs are wanting

we have a 1st rder, we'll get an early 2nd rder for Hill likely and a future 1st rder to trade, so thats 3 picks in the top 20-odd which holds some currency and maybe upgrades for later picks or a fringe player to smooth crap over...... thats the list managers job to smooth out the wrinkles

O'Meara + T. Mitchell for picks 16?(1st rder) pick 22?(hill trade) + 2017 1st rder + fringe or upgraded picks

thats my guess

Who is this "fringe" and what position does he play?

thats my guess
Mate love the optimism however I think you might battle to get mitchell JOM with 3 late first round picks and some steak knives.

Please give us some names, I'm on the edge of my seat here.

oh god here we go time to feed the trolls.... Hartung, Litherland, Langford, Sicily has been named, but he is 1 i wouldnt trade, or we could trade a pick for a fringe player from a 3rd club and ontrade it to the GCS that will want a different option..... see how this works? flexibility

oh god here we go time to feed the trolls.... Hartung, Litherland, Langford, Sicily has been named, but he is 1 i wouldnt trade, or we could trade a pick for a fringe player from a 3rd club and ontrade it to the GCS that will want a different option..... see how this works? flexibility

Not really, no.

Give up spud, get gun?

Am I doing it right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only player worth a first round pick on Hawthorn's list is Gunston and maaaaaybe Cyril, although he'll be 28 next year and you could argue no 28 year old is worth a first rounder. The thing that hurts Hawthorn is all their stars are in their 30s and none of their youngsters have had a chance to show they have any value, this is why I can't see them getting both Mitchell and even JOM on his own.

Not really, no.

Give up spud, get gun?

Am I doing it right?
you come across very bitter in this thread, MotleyLemon.

The way I see it. Shiels is rated highly by Hawks fans because apart from the older brigade (Hodge, Mitchell, and I'll throw Lewis), he's the only one apart from Langford that plays inside. Hawthorn's clear deficiency is their inside players. Take a perspective look. Why would Hawthorn want to trade one of their only decent, albeit decent to them, inside midfielders when they'll have practically none next year?

The only player worth a first round pick on Hawthorn's list is Gunston and maaaaaybe Cyril, although he'll be 28 next year and you could argue no 28 year old is worth a first rounder. The thing that hurts Hawthorn is all their stars are in their 30s and none of their youngsters have had a chance to show they have any value, this is why I can't see them getting both Mitchell and even JOM on his own.
Spot on, I'd hazard to guess the O'Meara trade in particular will involve a 3rd party. Mitchell, he hasn't even said he's leaving but you'd think that one could get done with picks.

Best I can think of would be 2016 first, 2017 first and birchall.

And how then did Geelong manage to get Dangerfield, Selwood, Smith and the other bloke from Carlton whose name escapes me for the moment? Are you suggesting that they are collectively inferior to O'Meara and Mitchell?

And how then did Geelong manage to get Dangerfield, Selwood, Smith and the other bloke from Carlton whose name escapes me for the moment? Are you suggesting that they are collectively inferior to O'Meara and Mitchell?

Dangerfield RFA so Adelaide had no leverage, Selwood FA cost nothing, Henderson for a future first which was seen as an overpay... Smith 2 3rd rounders.

Our 1st we traded for Danger was pick 9, with our 2nd rounder at 28... You guys won't have close to that.

you come across very bitter in this thread, MotleyLemon.

The way I see it. Shiels is rated highly by Hawks fans because apart from the older brigade (Hodge, Mitchell, and I'll throw Lewis), he's the only one apart from Langford that plays inside. Hawthorn's clear deficiency is their inside players. Take a perspective look. Why would Hawthorn want to trade one of their only decent, albeit decent to them, inside midfielders when they'll have practically none next year?

Don't forget Shiels is a future captain as well.

Template for Geelong or Sydney supporters posting on a trade thread involving Hawthorn. Just strike out terms that don't apply.

<<Hill/Shiels/Sicily/Howe/Schoenmakers/Smith>> is so overrated by Hawks fans. He's <<a potato/very ordinary/a front runner>> and would be exposed playing for a poor team. Would be worth <<a third rounder to/absolutely nothing for/a seat on the bench for>> a team like <<insert club that came in the bottom 4 this year>> who desperately need a <<name any role or position that the selected Hawks player isn't suited to>> not an average <<name any role or position that the selected Hawks player excels at>>.

Shiels is over-rated by many Hawk Supporter and Under-Rated by many non-Hawk Supporter....... he is better than average, but not great
He is the heart & soul of a club that the coach doesn't need to put too much time into.
He reminds me of our Benny Matthews that just did his job week in week out without any hooha!

Template for Geelong or Sydney supporters posting on a trade thread involving Hawthorn. Just strike out terms that don't apply.

<<Hill/Shiels/Sicily/Howe/Schoenmakers/Smith>> is so overrated by Hawks fans. He's <<a potato/very ordinary/a front runner>> and would be exposed playing for a poor team. Would be worth <<a third rounder to/absolutely nothing for/a seat on the bench for>> a team like <<insert club that came in the bottom 4 this year>> who desperately need a <<name any role or position that the selected Hawks player isn't suited to>> not an average <<name any role or position that the selected Hawks player excels at>>.

Template for Hawks fans.

*insert Hawks player* *masturbate till climax*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back