Recommitted Jonathon Marsh [requested trade to WA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Few comments that we are losing Name Brown. Don't think we will now that we took Wells as a FA from North and that we're listing Frost and Marsh. He's a required player now and we'll offer him enough to keep him.

If we take his brother as a FA, would only help in keeping him.

Alex Pearce
Jacob Weitering
Oscar Mcdonald
Caleb Marchbank
Lachie Plowman
and then I would take Sam Collins or Allir Allir over him as well even thiugh they are a year or 2 older.

We won't get anything for Marsh, but I don't understand why Marchbank is going for a first rounder and Marsh is worth nothing. From what I've seen at senior level, I rate Marsh higher. I reckon he's going to be a bloody good player.

The official statement from the Collingwood Football Club was somewhat interestingly worded:

Might be the case that he doesn't even want to play football anymore, or is at least strongly questioning his future in the game.
If he doesn't want to play anymore we're better off demoting him to the Rookie list and seeing where bis heads at next year.
He's going to be very good I think. Isn't quite there yet. We won't get what he's worth.
Yep, what sucks is he's a much better player than Frost, and much younger, i'd pay pick 40 for him no worries if the rumours about a mental illness are false, we won't get that for him though :(

Tricky situation. Does he want to play in WA of just go home for personal reasons that are above footy.
I have to say I haven't paid much attention to him so have no idea of is on-field value.

Alex Pearce
Jacob Weitering
Oscar Mcdonald
Caleb Marchbank
Lachie Plowman
and then I would take Sam Collins or Allir Allir over him as well even thiugh they are a year or 2 older.
As you say - Collins and Allir are two years older.
Marchbank and Plowman are totally unproven. Plowman is 22 already.
Oscar McDonald has a LONG way to go...

Clutching at straws I think. See its not that easy is it.

Fact is Marsh is probably in the top 5 KDs in the country for his age.

Alex Pearce
Jacob Weitering
Oscar Mcdonald
Caleb Marchbank
Lachie Plowman

Logan Austin shits on just about all the ones you listed (so thanks GWS :) ).

Anyway, with Collingwood being on FTA a lot this year, I've seen Marsh play a bit. You would have to think a pick in the 35-50 region would be fair. Anything else would be overs or unders IMO.

His kicking is Port like sometimes though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real shame, he was coming along. However injury prone and his skills weren't elite but his desire is. He also has good run for a big man and runs through the lines. With the right players around him very handy player. Hope we get something for him, but more likely 60+. However he was a rookie as was Frost so getting any picks is a bonus.

Anyway, with Collingwood being on FTA a lot this year, I've seen Marsh play a bit. You would have to think a pick in the 35-50 region would be fair. Anything else would be overs or unders IMO.

The problem for collingwood is that with hamling and adams already looking to come to perth and west coast currently having the best key defender depth in the league he's the 3rd banana. I'm sure he could find a spot, particularly with brown almost certain to go east and collins and mckenzie maybe possibilities but i don't see how collingwood are going to get anymore than a third rounder for him.

Forgot to list him, problem is now for Marsh is that Adams and possibly Hamling are on the way back to WA and both play the same position and both sides would prefer either. And that West Coast are stocked with talls I just don't see why either side would pay what the pies would want for him.

Forgot to list him, problem is now for Marsh is that Adams and possibly Hamling are on the way back to WA and both play the same position and both sides would prefer either. And that West Coast are stocked with talls I just don't see why either side would pay what the pies would want for him.
What do we want ? I hadn't heard.

Also, Adams manager said he's expressed an interest but not real concerned if he doesn't get there, or words to that effect. Footscary wont lose both Hamling and Adams. If Dogs re-sign Hamling, might be happy to trade Adams. If Hamling leaves, likely they retain the contracted Adams.

Why is it that every Collingwood play up for trade is rubbish? Oh I know....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True for every one - a player wanting to join a club is rubbish and not worth anything, a player wanting to leave the club is worth everything ever. Once the player has joined the club, he's worth everything ever and vice versa.

True for every one - a player wanting to join a club is rubbish and not worth anything, a player wanting to leave the club is worth everything ever. Once the player has joined the club, he's worth everything ever and vice versa.
I'm just astounded that we had a non-Collingwood supporter go in to bat for Marshy in this thread. Common theme most of the time is Collingwood fans say what they think he's worth and everyone else screams at us about how we overrate our players.

Cheers sonnywalters

I'm just astounded that we had a non-Collingwood supporter go in to bat for Marshy in this thread. Common theme most of the time is Collingwood fans say what they think he's worth and everyone else screams at us about how we overrate our players.

Cheers sonnywalters

Hey I think you've got good players and stood up for Marsh too!

Real shame, he was coming along. However injury prone and his skills weren't elite but his desire is. He also has good run for a big man and runs through the lines. With the right players around him very handy player. Hope we get something for him, but more likely 60+. However he was a rookie as was Frost so getting any picks is a bonus.

Marsh is not a rookie.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back