Recommitted Jonathon Marsh [requested trade to WA]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would happily see Marsh in purple.

Given his grandfather was East Fremantle champion Ray Sorrell who won two Sandover Medals in 1961 and 1963 and two Simpson medals in WAFL grandfinals I am happy to take a punt and swap any pick after 40 and / or players Ibbo, Suban, Sutcliffe, Silvagni, Dawson..the list goes on.

Not saying he will be as good as Ray but must have some of the old blokes genes...

I think he'll go to Fremantle.

I think Buckley will be happy to take Zac Dawson in exchange as a short-term option. They're going to lose Frost, Marsh and Brown this year so he'll want proven AFL reinforcements. Alex Silvagni is also an option.
Yeah just shows how much of a spud Buckley is. Dawson is the type of player he loves zero ability but tries hard

Our 2016 and 2017 1sts

Get it done Crazy V

a_spt_anthony_16onn5j-16onn5o.jpg
That's just mean. I paid good money to the guys at Total Recall to erase my memories of him, and you go and do this...

Anyway, on topic. I thought his game against us was pretty good. Would be reasonably happy if he came over actually. We do already have Pearce, Collins, Silvagni, Johnson and Dawson down there, and rumour has it Hambling is a fair chance, so I wouldn't be selling the farm. Maybe something like:

Pick 43 & 61 for Marsh and 47

Values him at pick 56 (end of 3rd rounder)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name 10 better Key Defenders in the Country under 21 years old.

I'll start you off

Jake Lever
Tom Barrass (turned 21 already)
Harris Andrews

Lol second round pick ?
No way any club in the country would pay a second round pick for him.
Especially when this draft is considered to have great depth.
Your posts in general are fine, but you are so way of the mark on his
value if you think he is worth a second round pick.

Lol second round pick ?
No way any club in the country would pay a second round pick for him.
Especially when this draft is considered to have great depth.
Your posts in general are fine, but you are so way of the mark on his
value if you think he is worth a second round pick.

So which player at pick 40 in the draft is guaranteed to be better than him?
Give me a name please. And im still waiting for you to name all the champion key defenders in the afl under 21. There arent many. They dont exist.

Here are the pick 40s from the last few drafts:

Tom Curran - North
Brodie Murdoch - Saints
Alex Neal-Bullen - Melbourne
Jay Kennedy-Harris - Melbourne

Not really great odds.

Last edited:
Collingwood pay Mitch Brown enough so WC get a 3rd round comp pick which they in turn trade for Marsh.

Marsh costs WC nothing and Collingwood get more than they would on the open trade market for Marsh

Don't forget to issue the right number of years on the press release.

My argument is Marsh is definitely worth a pick 40 and probably in the top 5 key defenders for his age in the country.

So when we trade Hamling in the Bulldogs can use pick 40 on him.....like your thinking.

Good call. Oversight. Yes obviously he is better. Still 6 to go though...

He was a pick 1.

My argument is Marsh is definitely worth a pick 40 and probably in the top 5 key defenders for his age in the country.

There's only a maximum of about 40 key defenders in the league who get regular AFL games. You can add Alex Pearce to the list.

It's a shame that people have seen so little of Alex Pearce that they legitimately think Jonathon Marsh is better than him.
Pearce is much better, and the gap will only widen as he grows into himself.

If Brown leaves as well they have F all KPD.
Collingwood's KPD stocks are deplorable. A perennially injured gun and a sack of spuds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back