Recommitted Jonathon Marsh [requested trade to WA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Pearce is better, don't kid yourself. Marsh has had a few good games but you can't expect a top 30 pick for a guy thats played a handful of good games and was drafted at pick 77. Doesn't work that way no matter how highly some of you may rate him.
Read his post again. He's not expecting a top 30 pick, he said that's what he'd be worth with another year of development. I tend to agree. His development has been exceptional and his intercept marking is excellent.

Alex Pearce is better, don't kid yourself. Marsh has had a few good games but you can't expect a top 30 pick for a guy thats played a handful of good games and was drafted at pick 77. Doesn't work that way no matter how highly some of you may rate him.

Can you read? I said you will get him for a steal and not what he is actually worth.

Read his post again. He's not expecting a top 30 pick, he said that's what he'd be worth with another year of development. I tend to agree. His development has been exceptional and his intercept marking is excellent.
Re-read it, appologies good4footy. it's the classic case of copping unders and getting on with it, it isn't fair but it is what it is. I thought we were going to have to put up with the same thing with Ed Langdon this year. Marsh for Langdon would have been a fair swap actually.

Good luck finding a club to give up a pick like that for him. if we are hesitant at giving up 43 for Kersten we won't give it up for Marsh. Wouldn't play ahead of Alex Pearce or Sam Collins imo.

Has alot of potential. Played as a forward in TAC. More upside than Kerstan

Dockers get: Marsh
Suns get: Barlow
Magpies get: one of the Suns' unlimited 2nd rounders
I'd be more inclined to try to tie the deal in to getting a better pick for Witts if we went down that path.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sad to be losing him. He's quick and an improving intercept mark. Would fit in as a 3rd defender for either Weagles or Freo. I doubt we'd get more than a late 3rd rounder for him tho. Good luck Johnno!

Won't be a best 22 player for us of everyone is fit. Pearce and Johnson are both better and we already have Collins who we don't have to give anything up for. Marsh is probably our most likely PSD target if/when Hamling re-signs.

I think you might rate your Players a little high for a team that won 3 games this year

Dockers get: Marsh
Suns get: Barlow
Magpies get: one of the Suns' unlimited 2nd rounders
I would think we would easily prefer to hang onto that 2nd rounder and let Marsh go. In trade priority I have it;
Hamling
Kersten
Marsh

I think we will be discussing pick 61 for Kersten, although being OOC he has the potential to go in the PSD unlike Marsh.

Dont know too much about Silvagni but possibly seems fair.
Trust me he's got a hell of a heart. Very good one on one defender, he has beaten Buddy Franklin well at least twice. Never afraid to put his body on the line. Disposal is possibly a bit suspect, but I really like him as a player

I don't think the club would be looking at losing any draft picks of value (goes for Keresten and Hamling trades too). My suggestion would be Sutcliffe. Has been a reliable best 22. Not a star by any means, but still youngish. Has some versatility to him. I think he will struggle to hold his place with some of the younger players presenting now.

Collingwood's Pick 47 + Jonathan Marsh for Fremantle's Pick 43 + Zac Dawson.

Marsh isn't a bad kick (not a great one either). He makes bad decisions with his kicking however and in a lot of ways this is worse. Very good speed, in fact for a tall defender i'd say his speed is elite. As it stands he wouldn't make our back 6, not even close to it however would make very good cover if we lose brown as expected to free agency and mackenzie was to be traded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back