Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep Thurlow, and trade Kolo for Junior and a second round pick.

Thats where it stands.

Is this just a guess?

They have 21 , 22 , 24 and 32 ...that are all r2 picks .... so depending on which pick that would be painful but fair. Both side would say they they not obviously winning which is usually a sign of a fair trade.

For us it would be a bit now and a pick to compensate for the long term loss.

For the last time Geelong will not trade it's youth for Ablett. The pressure is on the Suns. They can't afford to waste Abletts 600k they will be forced to release him to Geelong ala Sam Mitchell deal. Free up the cash so they can start re building their future.
Geelong are going fine. It's the Suns who are under the pump and we will not be trading anything of value for a bloke who has 15-30 games left in him
Sorry for the intrusion,

For what it is worth, we have already re-signed everyone we want this year, so his 500-600k chewed up next year is of little consequence to us, with him being off the books in 2019 when we will need that cap space. With our mass outgoings we could have, that will free up more than enough money, for other incomings and draftees.

Honestly, I hope a deal gets done, but don't count on us doing a Mitchell deal for pick 85. A lot to play this trade period, and I hope it doesn't drag.

Sorry for the intrusion,

For what it is worth, we have already re-signed everyone we want this year, so his 500-600k chewed up next year is of little consequence to us, with him being off the books in 2019 when we will need that cap space. With our mass outgoings we could have, that will free up more than enough money, for other incomings and draftees.

Honestly, I hope a deal gets done, but don't count on us doing a Mitchell deal for pick 85. A lot to play this trade period, and I hope it doesn't drag.

not often I see a clubs supporters happy to pay a bloke 500k to sit out.

But hey, first for everything.

GO Catters

not often I see a clubs supporters happy to pay a bloke 500k to sit out.

But hey, first for everything.

GO Catters
Didn't see where I mentioned I hope the trade happens? I want this circus to be over.

Just don't count on the Suns thinking the pressure is on them to make the deal.

Sorry for the intrusion,

Didn't see where I mentioned I hope the trade happens? I want this circus to be over.

Just don't count on the Suns thinking the pressure is on them to make the deal.

T0 me - the bolded shows ambivalence about it getting done - so he stays on your books.

But then hoping "this circus to be over" is a bit contradictory - in that the circus will certainly persist as long as he is up there.

And then, the club that forces him into retirement rather than trading him out. That stigma - good bad or otherwise, will not dissipate and it will always come back to your club.

I imagine it wont be pick 88 either... but as you have 4 x Rd2 picks, getting a 3rd for him that you most likely wont use seems overs.

GO Catters

T0 me - the bolded shows ambivalence about it getting done - so he stays on your books.

But then hoping "this circus to be over" is a bit contradictory - in that the circus will certainly persist as long as he is up there.

And then, the club that forces him into retirement rather than trading him out. That stigma - good bad or otherwise, will not dissipate and it will always come back to your club.

I imagine it wont be pick 88 either... but as you have 4 x Rd2 picks, getting a 3rd for him that you most likely wont use seems overs.

GO Catters
When I said "Us" was referring to the club as a whole, I wish I was the one making the decision, can't be any worse than some of the muppets we have had for 7 years.

I want the trade to be over and him out the door so we can move on.

When I said "Us" was referring to the club as a whole, I wish I was the one making the decision, can't be any worse than some of the muppets we have had for 7 years.

I imagine that it could be done very quickly. AS long as the fighting duo of Evans and Cochrane get on board.

Otherwise, it will drag on I feel.

Go Catters

I would be happy if he just retired or played out 2018 at the Gold Diggers so that we on the board could just move on.

Sorry for the intrusion,

600k isn't to be sneezed as jarryd lyons cost you pick 43 and a lot less than 600k and he has been one of your best mids this year. Clearing ablett's money even for a third rounder can help bring in guys like that.

Its also the list spot if you be stubborn and dont do an ablett trade then you have to delist another player and then on top of that likely be one short on the list all 2018 if ablett doesn't retire until after the draft.

Which is why it makes no sense for GC to play hardball.

On the last bit we don't muck around and we likely have other deals to do in this trade period. We will either deal quickly if its at a reasonable price or if you guys demand more than we think he's worth and won't budge we will tell you we are not interested and to deal with another club as we did with richmond and deledio. Either way we won't be wasting our time or yours.

Hopper named in the middle this week, whilst Shiel and Kelly are on the bench... hmmm, not so sure about that.

Who is named on the bench means little with rotations thesedays.

Sorry for the intrusion,

Kreglze ... even 500-600 off your books and banked could be handy when it come to resigning a player like Lynch at the end of 2018.
I suspect that the best outcome will just to move on from him .... if he is still on your books next year playing 1 game in 4 ..how does that help you move forward. Best to come to some agreement and let his dollars be used to secure other players with a longer future.

PS thanks for your contribution...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tuohy deal looks like an absolute bargain, with carlton most likely ending up winning the spoon and us most likely being top 4. Smedts and a 3-4 pick downgrade for a potential all australian selection was deal of the century. We have come out of this deal like bandits.

Essentially we got him for nothing as there was a fair chance we would have delisted smedts anyway.

I quite like the look of this kid..... would be a quite a handy type . 19yo would suit our preference to pick now players

Speedy NEAFL mid gets recruiters buzzing

ANOTHER standout display from speedy midfielder Oskar Baker last weekend has recruiters buzzing about the Queenslander ahead of this year's NAB AFL Draft.

The 19-year-old has averaged 16 disposals and a goal a game in 13 matches this season, and is also attracting the interest of AFL clubs, having had at least six club interviews so far this year.

WATCH: Oskar Baker's highlights here

Unlike the majority of talent to come out of the northern states, Baker isn't tied to a club via an academy, having been cut by the Brisbane Lions at the end of 2015.

Baker, who is one of 14 NEAFL players invited to test at state draft combines later this year, starred last weekend with four goals and 20 disposals in a best-afield effort for Aspley in its win over Southport.

Some believe he is in the mix for November's national draft, perhaps even as a second-round selection.

He won a NEAFL Rising Star nomination earlier this season for his 25-disposal and one-goal performance against Redland.

The eyecatching 183cm midfielder started the season playing with his junior club Wilston Grange in the QAFL but won a place on Aspley's rookie list after his promising pre-season campaign

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-18/speedy-neafl-mid-gets-recruiters-buzzing

Last edited:
Is this just a guess?

They have 21 , 22 , 24 and 32 ...that are all r2 picks .... so depending on which pick that would be painful but fair. Both side would say they they not obviously winning which is usually a sign of a fair trade.

For us it would be a bit now and a pick to compensate for the long term loss.

Yes.

I am looking for a result that GCS could live with and which would do as you say. Initial sugar hit for us and a good prospect to work with ready for when Ablett is finished. Kolos form as the season progresses would determine whether pick 21 or 32 is "fair".

I must add I have really liked Kolos progress to date but a deal like this one could be win/win. Wonder what the list managers think?

I would be happy if he just retired or played out 2018 at the Gold Diggers so that we on the board could just move on.
I wish that would happen too. Would stop Geelong making any stupid deals too. The guy will be 34 next year and can't stay on the park. The players from his draft class are retiring now. Giving anything of worth up for him is simply laughable. He already screwed the club over once. I don't know why we're so eager to let him do it again.

Yes.

I am looking for a result that GCS could live with and which would do as you say. Initial sugar hit for us and a good prospect to work with ready for when Ablett is finished. Kolos form as the season progresses would determine whether pick 21 or 32 is "fair".

I must add I have really liked Kolos progress to date but a deal like this one could be win/win. Wonder what the list managers think?

Most on here would throw the dummy out of the cot but that deal would offer something to both clubs. 21 for Kolo would be reasonable if he said he wanted out..to get GA in it as well... Do they really need all those R2's, how many picks in the draft do they need? I proposed a similar deal a fair time ago ..
I would say it would hurt as Kolo has benefited from his time this year ...and from role pov..it would make more sense that someone who GA replaces in the side be offered. It would say a lot about GC if Kolo refused to go there based on feedback he has been given.

Most on here would throw the dummy out of the cot but that deal would offer something to both clubs. 21 for Kolo would be reasonable if he said he wanted out..to get GA in it as well... Do they really need all those R2's, how many picks in the draft do they need? I proposed a similar deal a fair time ago ..
I would say it would hurt as Kolo has benefited from his time this year ...and from role pov..it would make more sense that someone who GA replaces in the side be offered. It would say a lot about GC if Kolo refused to go there based on feedback he has been given.
Kolo does not want to go to gc

I quite like the look of this kid..... would be a quite a handy type . 19yo would suit our preference to pick now players

Speedy NEAFL mid gets recruiters buzzing

ANOTHER standout display from speedy midfielder Oskar Baker last weekend has recruiters buzzing about the Queenslander ahead of this year's NAB AFL Draft.

The 19-year-old has averaged 16 disposals and a goal a game in 13 matches this season, and is also attracting the interest of AFL clubs, having had at least six club interviews so far this year.

WATCH: Oskar Baker's highlights here

Unlike the majority of talent to come out of the northern states, Baker isn't tied to a club via an academy, having been cut by the Brisbane Lions at the end of 2015.

Baker, who is one of 14 NEAFL players invited to test at state draft combines later this year, starred last weekend with four goals and 20 disposals in a best-afield effort for Aspley in its win over Southport.

Some believe he is in the mix for November's national draft, perhaps even as a second-round selection.

He won a NEAFL Rising Star nomination earlier this season for his 25-disposal and one-goal performance against Redland.

The eyecatching 183cm midfielder started the season playing with his junior club Wilston Grange in the QAFL but won a place on Aspley's rookie list after his promising pre-season campaign

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-18/speedy-neafl-mid-gets-recruiters-buzzing

NEAFL is no where near say VFL level, and his average stats are nothing to write home about, but what I did like in that clip is that he seems to have those long strides and can hit some nice pace (some players are fast, but on the footy field they are not so fast, but this guy seems quick on the footy field) and has that nice evasive side-step. Goal kicking mids are always handy on the list, especially if he is drafted say with a 3rd rounder or lower pick like Menegola.

I think we need Kolo... Because with Taylor, Lonergan and Mackie in their twilight, we need bigger defenders on the list, we can't just rely on Henderson and Gardner, we don't even know if Gardner will make it yet.

Which is a bit like I referred too.. If thats the case... one would have to suspect that JK would have that opinion based on info from KK's experience. If so , GC may have a bit of an issue holding him when KK is next out of contract.
Compare the pair
Kk has highly rated and is a nothing player, why on earth would his brother who has experienced success and a better profile head to a junk yard

I wish that would happen too. Would stop Geelong making any stupid deals too. The guy will be 34 next year and can't stay on the park. The players from his draft class are retiring now. Giving anything of worth up for him is simply laughable. He already screwed the club over once. I don't know why we're so eager to let him do it again.

Can't stay on the park or choosing to skip games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back