Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watts heading away in a couple of days and has apparently come to terms with playing in Adelaide - source close to Watts

As good as Hawthorn were in that period he kicked 50+ goals 3 seasons in a row, in a forward line where he was competing with Franklin and Roughead. That , despite a s**t 2017 shows he is both naturally gifted and capable of performing at the highest level, Watts is only one of those things. Put him in that Hawthorn side and he'd probably hit 50 in 1 of those seasons, but not 3, his record at Melbourne is 38 for comparison, and yes I am aware he has had stints in defence, but he also never had Franklin and Roughead to share goals with.
Fair call.

Personally I think Watts would have dominated in that Hawthorn team.

It would have suited him perfectly and he would have played a lot closer to goal.

Watts has spent seasons of his career as a high HFF or wingman and still managed 38 in 2016 and 24 in 2017 from that position.

Melbourne were historically bad and besides their false dawn in 09(?) And 16/17, every season he's played, his team has been substandard for AFL levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would lol if we miss out on Watts because we are waiting to see what Motlop does, who will decide he is leaving and by that time Watts will be having interviews in a Port Adelaide polo.

Didn’t they say today an early 2nd round pick will get it done?

Yep. Another way in which Motlop seeks the ire of Cats supporters.

From the Herald Sun photoshop team. Jack Watts head on Rhys Stanley's body. I'd rather McCarthy's head on either of their bodies.

28b5cf162f83a3abffd5a42af1fb970d

If we are seriously waiting for Motlop, he seriously can GAGF.

There's due diligence and there's stagnating.

Most deals wont be done until next week anyway.

But they should shorten the trade period to 3-4 days and have FA window well before it anyway.

Long shot? I wouldn't call it a long shot. Wells' comments regarding Watts are not only similar to those made in reference to Deledio but are also very similar to those made in reference to Zach Tuohy as well. It works both ways my friend.

As far as your comments about Watts as a player are concerned I pretty much agree with you. However, I'd also be content if we were to offer a little bit more in the way of currency and cash. But not too much more though.

As I've said, my instincts tell me that there is still a little bit more to play out before the whole Watts/Geelong scenario is dead and buried...
I'd be more than pleased for you to provide me with evidence of SW doubting the Tuohy deal. Once Carlton's offer was 'unders' we were all over him is my recollection.

Agree long shot isn't an accurate Watts call. More looooooooooooooooooooong shot.;)

I hope we have shut the door on Watts and seen a glimmer of an opening for Stringer now Essendon have given 11 for Smith, and go hard for him. Spending less time on Ablett would be useful too.

I don't think it's a race thing- Australians love celebrating good players, and our indigenous players are very highly celebrated. The reason Motlop cops it is because fans are fickle, and expect every player to be elite premiership level game changers every single game or get dropped. It's not racism, it's perpetually unrealistic expectations.
I didn't mean to infer that happens during games, on here there was some casual racism earlier.
In the stands is more that he cops it for his mistakes far far more than any other player in the team.

I'm very disappointed we are losing him.

Realise that, but don't FA nominations close after Saturday?

FA closes Sunday but trade period goes til thurs. Most trades wont get done until monday onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back