Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saad wouldn't walk into our defence, he's too short for starters.

And Smith is limited. We have better options.
Agree completely. Overpaying for average players isn't a way to push yourself over the top.

The Stringer factor could be interesting but I'm not sure I would think he is the greatest fit there but John Worsfold is a good coach so I trust him.

I am not as convinced Essendon's off season is that great even if they pull it all off. No point recruiting quantity rather than quality.

He'd know where he was going by now surely. Holding on, is making it difficult for us.

That's the story.
Maybe,maybe not but this his his last crack at the big $ he shouldn't and won't rush it,and Wells would know that,it's padding things out a bit sure but no one other than us at big footy seem to be getting our knickers in a twist over it.

Mot's will pick Port and screw us one last time re compo

Those saying keep him also need to factor in that his deal will be 4 years. Lets say it is best case and he picks Adelaide that's 2.5 for the next four which limits what we can do down the track not just next season when he inevitably reverts back to his comfort zone. Outside of compo there is no way we will ever get a 1st rounder for him

Lets be honest he was horrible for the last two years and he has impacted our list management strategy. Hopefully two good finals blinds some. If he clears up 600K in our cap and we get a 1st rd picks then you take that every day of the week.

Draft a kid and look at some decent free agents next year. Don't waste it for the potatoes left in this trade period none of which walk into the top 12 of any AFL side.
Last season he kicked 38 goals and average 20 touches a game. Oh yes i will definately take that comfort zone. He is a matchwinner and is exactly the player we require. No more slow talls.

Smith is a solid player but I don’t think it is a smart use of salary cap and round 1 picks to use it on a player that plays that role. That high pressure, 15 disposal, 1 goal player, are important, but they should be on close to minimum payment or be a developing first/second year player.

Smith would take the spot of someone like Parfitt and I prefer to get games into him and maybe even Parsons ( I am less keen on him).

Reckon we can get someone to play Devon Smith’s role from the State Leagues, who is ready to go. I also have a feeling J Jones may figure next year.

I strongly believe, trades should only be used on players who have been or have the potential to be at the level of the All Australian squad of 40 (Rucks are a bit different, because you should trade for them).

Dangerfield, Touhy and Henderson meet this criteria.

Messing about with middle tier players who have been in the system for a while is a waste of time. There are so many footballers at lower levels like Tom Stewart, give them a chance and you may get a surprise.

You see wrong. They want both.

7673831d4cceb70b949cdfc2b2362933d76ee6a5426186f074f8ff7ee8d6a99d.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I took it as if someone wants to leave, we will let them go.

I doubt we will match to try force a trade
The second part of what you say is exactly what wells said. But he did say matching was a real option.

In practice, if Motlop chooses to go it means he is being offered way more than he is by Geelong so a match is very unlikely. I think the only way Motlop stays is if he doesn’t exercise his RFA option. That can only happen if Geelong ups its offer. I suspect these last few days are about talking to Geelong about whether that will happen. If not he will go under RFA and it won’t be matched.

Which ones?

I was not being specific.. personally I think its a tough thing to call it on players. If 100 games for R1 pick is a pass , and the others 50 .. just like to hear your assessment of our drafting post 2011 .. for eg.
Hayball 50< is an easy call ... Menegola 50> Buzza ? , SavRat? etc. just how many games are we going to get from our picks taken out of R1 and R2 ?

Wonder when Motlop decides. He is the first cog that needs to decide before GAJ and Watts or any other trades eventuate. Don't mind going to the draft either if we just land GAJ or Watts.

On Moto G (5) using BigFooty.com mobile app
Has to decide before Sunday for that is the end day for FA

Smith is a solid player but I don’t think it is a smart use of salary cap and round 1 picks to use it on a player that plays that role. That high pressure, 15 disposal, 1 goal player, are important, but they should be on close to minimum payment or be a developing first/second year player.

Smith would take the spot of someone like Parfitt and I prefer to get games into him and maybe even Parsons ( I am less keen on him).

Reckon we can get someone to play Devon Smith’s role from the State Leagues, who is ready to go. I also have a feeling J Jones may figure next year.

I strongly believe, trades should only be used on players who have been or have the potential to be at the level of the All Australian squad of 40 (Rucks are a bit different, because you should trade for them).

Dangerfield, Touhy and Henderson meet this criteria.

Messing about with middle tier players who have been in the system for a while is a waste of time. There are so many footballers at lower levels like Tom Stewart, give them a chance and you may get a surprise.

hallelujah.

what about Menz, has anyone offered him anything we know about? Would love it if he stayed on the one year deal.

I expect Port to come calling if they miss out on Watts.

Saad wouldn't walk into our defence, he's too short for starters.

And Smith is limited. We have better options.
Disagree. Saad is better than bews, stewart and zuthrie. None of those players would net geelong an early second round pick.

Better options then Smith? Like gregson and mccarthy? I dont like Smith but we are not winning a premiership any time soon with mccarthy and gregson in the team.

I was not being specific.. personally I think its a tough thing to call it on players. If 100 games for R1 pick is a pass , and the others 50 .. just like to hear your assessment of our drafting post 2011 .. for eg.
Hayball 50< is an easy call ... Menegola 50> Buzza ? , SavRat? etc. just how many games are we going to get from our picks taken out of R1 and R2 ?
I’m not looking at Lang from the perspective of a pass mark. I have just seen enough now to make up my mind (40 games or so) that he’s not very good.

That’s the thing with young players - someone like Parfitt or Parsons you’d still be confident they’d play more than 100 games. But as we see more we might change our minds on that. I’m sure most thought Tenace would play 100 games at one point...

I’m not looking at Lang from the perspective of a pass mark. I have just seen enough now to make up my mind (40 games or so) that he’s not very good.

That’s the thing with young players - someone like Parfitt or Parsons you’d still be confident they’d play more than 100 games. But as we see more we might change our minds on that. I’m sure most thought Tenace would play 100 games at one point...
I like Lang but I agree.

Parfitt will play 250 and Parsons will play 150.

Lang while good, is just out of the equation.

Disagree. Saad is better than bews, stewart and zuthrie. None of those players would net geelong an early second round pick.

Better options then Smith? Like gregson and mccarthy? I dont like Smith but we are not winning a premiership any time soon with mccarthy and gregson in the team.
*speaks with an Irish accent*

Whale oil beef hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back