Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t disagree that Stanley was s**t, particularly in the last quarter. But my view at the ground was that he got his share of hitouts and Sydney, Kennedy in particular, sucked them up like a Hoover.

Sinclair’s work around the ground is what did the damage IMO.
Ha yeah mentioned to my brother he had a PB day for hitouts to disadvantage.

Haters always see what they want to see. No validity there.
Half the voters for MVP gave Hawkins votes, yet thee is so much vitriol about him as well tonight.
As much as I really don't like Stanley I thought he was serviceable today after a horrid first quarter.

I'd like to see Smith replace him at some stage if he's playing well enough.

The 2 players for me that completely s**t the bed today were Murdoch (no surprise) and Tuohy. He had 5 effective disposals and 3 clangers. Absolutely horrible for a bloke that's supposed to provide drive off half back. More and more I'm finding he goes missing in the crunch games.

As for Murdoch, I'd be surprised if we ever see him in the team again.

It’s was a great win and there was nothing lucky about it, Cats were great for 2 quarters and, we were good for one and excellent for one.

Agree. Not a lucky win. The Swans were playing a team almost missing half their best 18. And perhaps the cats should still have held on to win, but the swans were excellent in the last quarter and overran an inexperienced team. I am still impressed with the new cats and think this will be a good learning experience for them.

Smugness is a fine quality, just unlucky today, or swans too good?

SWans are certainly pickers and choosers.....they pick playing Geelong, but often choose to stink it up, especially against South Australian sides. It can be galling watching efforts by Swans blokes today that just didn't exist in other games in the last couple of years.

Let's see how Sydney follows this win up, i bet within a game or two we'll see the other Sydney that pokes it's nose in to the annoyance of tipsters everywhere.

Just watched that last quarter opened mouthed. Awful outcome, and the confidence i thought we had in the last couple of weeks has been just extinguished.

Even the two goals where one was kicked from the 2nd row of the Hickey Stand and the ball reefed from the spectator's hands in the Ablett Tce mean zilch now.
If you think that ball was out of bounds, you need your eyes checked. The poimt they kicked that got overturned, was highly questionable however

If you think that ball was out of bounds, you need your eyes checked. The poimt they kicked that got overturned, was highly questionable however

42 posts in 4 years and you're here?

I wasn't Robinson Crusoe thinking that had well and truly gone out of bounds. In any case the astonishing speed that rookie managed to get a boot to it was deadly to our chances, it should have been smothered or at least touched.

Cam Guthrie? He was really good around the 2013-2014 mark but has gone backwards In a huge way.

I’m Not sure he can get back to that form though.

He played well in round one and was involved in some important passages of play, round 2 against the hawks he was one of our best, then he got injured.

He is an important piece of our best 22 and will make a difference when back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure the end of match stats, but ruck stats at 3/4 time were (particularly ruck contests):

Stanley: 65 ruck contests, 29 hitouts, 7 to advantage

Sinclair: 60 ruck contests, 32 hitouts & 8 to advantage

So yes Stanley is winning his hitouts but for 3/4s of the game today he was winning less than 50% of ruck contests he contented compared with the oppositions #1 ruck who was winning over 50% of ruck contes

It would be interesting to see the stats for the full game including how many ruck contests they each went to, not just the number of hitouts they each had

That point which was made a goal; if I was CEO I'd be calling Gil directly. That was the poorest of decisions you'd see

So brave
42 post over several years tells me your a sock Account

Get a life
How does NOT posting much on here, mean that I don't have a life? Meanwhile you have over 4000 posts! And I'm the one with no life lol! An awful lot of free time you must have lol. God you and your supporter base are dumb!

Too many passengers, we need a chappy to sort the boys from the men...
Too much of Geelongs Style of play is pretty boy stuff, not hard contested footy

How does NOT posting much on here, mean that I don't have a life? Meanwhile you have over 4000 posts! And I'm the one with no life lol! An awful lot of free time you must have lol. God you and your supporter base are dumb!
Use your real account if you want to insult posters on their own board you dumb campaigner

Very average last quarter. I think our little melee at 3/4 time stirred them up. We should have been further in front than 4 goals given our dominance in the middle of the game.
Our pressure dropped right away in the last so they were setting up better bringing the ball into their F50.

A couple of crucial contests we lost in the last were Murdoch’s fumble that resulted in Fox’s 2nd goal and the Grundy holding the ball that wasn’t paid.
yes. Why fight when we are winning. Touhy poor decision going in for a scuffle. Idiot!

Not sure the end of match stats, but ruck stats at 3/4 time were (particularly ruck contests):

Stanley: 65 ruck contests, 29 hitouts, 7 to advantage

Sinclair: 60 ruck contests, 32 hitouts & 8 to advantage

So yes Stanley is winning his hitouts but for 3/4s of the game today he was winning less than 50% of ruck contests he contented compared with the oppositions #1 ruck who was winning over 50% of ruck contes

It would be interesting to see the stats for the full game including how many ruck contests they each went to, not just the number of hitouts they each had

I would love to know, in all seriousness, if Champion Data record hitouts to disadvantage stats. My perception is that an inordinate number of hitouts Stanley wins, when he does win them, are poorly directed and get sharked by opposition on-ballers. But that's just what my eye in telling me, I could be wrong. Of the 29 hitouts won to three quarter time, 7 were to our advantage, which was only 1 less to Sinclair by that point, but that doesn't mean that the other 22 were to neither teams advantage. Some of them were certainly to Sydney's, the question is how many?

Another thing I'd like to know is the pressure factor - or whatever the metric is called - upon our clearance kicks relative to the average pressure upon opposition clearance kicks. It feels like most of our clearances are scrambled and unclean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back