Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a once in a generation player.

It could easily be but I reckon it'll be there abouts.

He is a good mark but once in a generation.. thats a bit strong for me. but if they can do it fine.. I have been griping for ages about not getting into the early draft ..so if thats what it takes... once thing for sure.. SW needs to hit gold with a R1 ..its been a long time

The Bigfooty Phantom Draft trial is starting up again soon and I will have the Cats again, after your first pick I’ve got a heap of later picks with some players already in mind.

First pick will be tough but I’m leaning towards going best available and then trying to fill needs with those later picks.

Most think we need to add quality tall talent... if you draft kids for years down the track.. we will soon be without Hawkins , Taylor ..and to a degree Henderson... and we lack up and coming rucks. .. So without the ability up grade... I look at Bailey Williams and the obvious Kings..but they will most likely be gone with R1 I like the look of Xavier O'Halloran for leadership and Colier Dawkins has potential.
A couple that maybe late .. Kieren Briggs , Tom MEDHAT , Sydney STACK , Riley Bowman , Connor Idun...

Most think we need to add quality tall talent... if you draft kids for years down the track.. we will soon be without Hawkins , Taylor ..and to a degree Henderson... and we lack up and coming rucks. .. So without the ability up grade... I look at Bailey Williams and the obvious Kings..but they will most likely be gone with R1 I like the look of Xavier O'Halloran for leadership and Colier Dawkins has potential.
A couple that maybe late .. Kieren Briggs , Tom MEDHAT , Sydney STACK , Riley Bowman , Connor Idun...
Ill try and not take players already tied to academies like Briggs and Medhat, Would be nice to get the Williams/Bowman combo but i may struggle to get either. I have a few ruck/tall prospects to look at late so i may even pass on Williams, im also not discounting the rise of young Ratugolea and im sure most people expected you guys to take more talls last year but you took a heap of mids haha

Ill try and not take players already tied to academies like Briggs and Medhat, Would be nice to get the Williams/Bowman combo but i may struggle to get either. I have a few ruck/tall prospects to look at late so i may even pass on Williams, im also not discounting the rise of young Ratugolea and im sure most people expected you guys to take more talls last year but you took a heap of mids haha

Good luck with that..its seems every second player is tied to someone.
Height is the obvious issue..and not just height quality height. After that you are ignoring the players we have and just drafting for talent. Players pop up..like Henry who has probably thrown out preconceived idea on what we need 24 months ago.
The issue I see with Sav is he is still raw and now coming of injury..after him its Buzza..and with Hawkins now 30..we really do not have an obvious kid who we will build around. Hard to get that unless we trade and dive into very early. The trouble with letting guys like Willaims go.. is a bit like how we let Grundy go... which annoys most on this board.... but thats the choice of the recruiter.
Good luck.. Phantom games I have played in its quite difficult to get the player you really want.

The Bigfooty Phantom Draft trial is starting up again soon and I will have the Cats again, after your first pick I’ve got a heap of later picks with some players already in mind.

First pick will be tough but I’m leaning towards going best available and then trying to fill needs with those later picks.
Best available is always a sound strategy. Geelong doesn’t have any obvious holes outside a Hawkins replacement.

Best available is always a sound strategy. Geelong doesn’t have any obvious holes outside a Hawkins replacement.

we have plenty of holes

quality no1 ruck
a KPF or 2
a 3rd tall forward (Menzel and Crameri aren't even medium term options)
defenders with kicking skills
defenders who can break the lines
outside mids
young inside mids
more skilled players in general
small forward with goal sense

If it was up to me I'd be looking for some players with good skills, we clearly lack good skills across the ground.

we have plenty of holes

quality no1 ruck
a KPF or 2
outside mids
young inside mids

If it was up to me I'd be looking for some players with good skills, we clearly lack good skills across the ground.
No wonder you’re so down on Geelong, you see a piece of Swiss cheese.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we have plenty of holes

quality no1 ruck
a KPF or 2
outside mids
young inside mids

That seems to be a list of wants that accompanies a new team that is starting up and needs to find 22 players for their first match

Pick 15 and Kelly to Fremantle for pick 6.

Whats the odds... of Max King being there at 6 .... ... ? It will still be a good player.. but if its the King type player we are after ... we may have to get in earlier to get him..
Some sort of deal to GoldCoast perhaps .. it would be magically to have both 3 and 4 to get both Kings.. you would be set for a while as long as you could keep them... probably why Gold Coast keep their picks..

we have plenty of holes

quality no1 ruck
a KPF or 2
outside mids
young inside mids

It's just a guess, but nobody has ever accused you of failing to live up to your username

If Kelly's due to go, what about Kelly plus our first for Freo's first plus steak knives?

Thats one thats been mentioned.. by one poster that we would trade to get earlier to have a shot at Max King .... but Im doubt full on if he will be there.. heard Fox mentioned something that I posted earlier ... that GC may look at drafting both Kings with their pick plus the comp pick.

I guess there would be a circumstance where we get our pick , get a pick for kelly and trade for Norths and have 3 picks in R1. probably a bit far fetched but it would change our list a bit.

Thats one thats been mentioned.. by one poster that we would trade to get earlier to have a shot at Max King .... but Im doubt full on if he will be there.. heard Fox mentioned something that I posted earlier ... that GC may look at drafting both Kings with their pick plus the comp pick.

I guess there would be a circumstance where we get our pick , get a pick for kelly and trade for Norths and have 3 picks in R1. probably a bit far fetched but it would change our list a bit.
Yeah that'd be something else - wouldn't it?

That said, the 3AW link above is another option I wouldn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back