Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it interesting that Shai Bolton was out for dinner with Narkle last night.
Obviously both good mates but it was on at the time the tigers were playing.
I’ve said it once, he’ll be in Geelong colors next year

Yay another inconsistent small forward just what we need.

I know but will he wait for another 2 years to get a game... Doubt it. Goldy still has 3-4 years left.

He's contracted what's he going to do about it? Would take a big offer for North to trade him.

I know but will he wait for another 2 years to get a game... Doubt it. Goldy still has 3-4 years left.

Clubs are more inclined to trade unhappy players that don't want to be part of the clubs future. If we offer them a good deal and Preuss wants to leave, they would certainly consider it imo. I personally would move on anyone that won't buy in and doesn't want to be part of the club's future.

He can demand a trade. Plenty of players have done it.

Exactly. Contracts are very overrated these days, they aren't worth the paper they are written on. Not many clubs want an unhappy player who isn't committed to their club long-term. If Kelly as an example demands a trade at the end of the year, I've no doubt we will get the best deal we can and move on.

He can demand a trade. Plenty of players have done it.

And plenty demand trades and don't get them. He's contracted for 2 more years Goldstein is FA next year North can just shove him out the door then take the compo pick and give Preuss the ruck spot. Why would they trade Preuss now unless it's for huge overs?

Preuss is 23 and will be 25/26 when his current deals ends. And it’s possible that Goldy is still keeping him out then. He’d be silly not to try and look around. The Roos should look to trade one out they have Brown who can relief ruck. I can’t see them playing both.
I wouldn’t give up a round 1 for either but for the right deal either would help the cats. North may try and trade out their round 1 this year for their academy player. Is there a trade that gives us their round 1 and one of their rucks? Give them our round 1 next year plus something else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preuss is 23 and will be 25/26 when his current deals ends. And it’s possible that Goldy is still keeping him out then. He’d be silly not to try and look around. The Roos should look to trade one out they have Brown who can relief ruck. I can’t see them playing both.
I wouldn’t give up a round 1 for either but for the right deal either would help the cats. North may try and trade out their round 1 this year for their academy player. Is there a trade that gives us their round 1 and one of their rucks? Give them our round 1 next year plus something else.

What do you think they will get for Preuss ..just by himself

Norths R1 (p10) + Preuess <> GFC 2019 R1 + ? Stewart ?

I wouldn’t do that but that’s the type of trade that’d work. Stewart is a lot more proven than Pruess.
Norths round 1 + Pruess for Cockatoo

You also have to remember that these trades are limited by who North would want and if the players want to move. It would all be different if we lived in a push trade environment

Brown is a Ferrari as a KPF you don't risk that rucking and Daw is crap. Given most rucks decline after 30 quickly why would they trade Preuss until he's OOC and they have no choice? Unless he gets them Josh Kelly or something it's stupid.

Norths R1 (p10) + Preuess <> GFC 2019 R1 + ? Stewart ?

For starters I'd never trade Stewart and I doubt North take that. I can't see us being willing to trade anyone they'd want for him.

What do you think they will get for Preuss ..just by himself
Ideally they’d hope to exchange him for a player with outside ability. Preuss for Shai Bolton would be a fair trade. A second round pick should get the deal done for a pick. He hasn’t played enough to demand more but the lack of quality rucks may push his price up. They’d be mad to trade him and not Goldy though I agree. And I could be happy to get Goldy. That’s what I was thinking with a round 1 but I doubt geelong would do it. Absorb his huge contract (somehow) and take the Roos round 1 pick this year. What do we trade back though? Our round 1 next year plus Thurlow type? Yes he doesn’t have huge trade value but part of the deal would be geelong having to take on the contract of Goldy.

Talking of rucks someone a lot more attainable is leunberger. I’m pretty sure he’s out of contract and he’s not getting a game at the dons. I’m not saying he’s going to become AA but he’s an upgrade on Abbott. At one stage he looked like he would become a star (as did smith).

I saw this link on another thread..

Its 3 years old article about mature players .. that migh/should get drafted. ..and it has some mature names from back then did get their chance...

Sam Menegola ,Shane Yarran (sad story) , Marcus Adams , Nathan Broad , Darcy Cameron ...
and a then 20yo Shane McAdam..
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...p/news-story/0035975111f7abe61f495bffbe9f4890

Shane McAdam (Claremont)

Position: Small forward

2015 WAFL average numbers: 8 disposals, 3 marks and 3 tackles from 11 matches (19 goals overall)

A LATE bolter after an impressive — yet unfortunate — performance at the WA state combine. McAdam equalled the running vertical jump record set by Nic Naitanui in 2008, recording a 102cm jump. He didn’t stop there, finishing first in the 20m sprint (2.89s) and second in the agility test (8.04s). But just as the Halls Creek product was at the peak of his fitness powers, he rolled his ankle, meaning he couldn’t compete in the beep test and repeat sprints test. But McAdam had already proven he had the fitness base to compete at the highest level. After snagging 19 goals throughout the season, McAdam is an outside chance to win a spot on AFL list next season.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...p/news-story/0035975111f7abe61f495bffbe9f4890

He now plays for Sturt in the sanfl ..

I think he has the right attributes to become a consistent AFL player
Only 20 years old, applys plenty of pressure and doesn’t have a bad injury history

Yep. This kid is one of the few opposition players to have caught my eye in the VFL. Had to ask who it was.
He has more pace than our selection of smalls (off the mark) and actually snaps goals from difficult positions (none of our smalls do this).

If he was available I would move - but I would be amazed if the Tiges would let him go for anything but an over the top offer if he is contracted.

I wouldn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back