Play a Showdown in Melbourne says Damien Barrett

Remove this Banner Ad

ZYE0kme.gif

How many fans are locked out of each Showdown?

Social media is tearing Damo a new one, but I never thought a rugby league State of Origin in Melbourne would work and look how successful that has been...

It would give Crows and Port an extra game at the MCG but how many would attend? Stupid idea.
Only way it happens is if they play off in a GF.

Have to agree. While people would go and watch it, there wouldn’t be the same passion, tribalism and feeling you get - and for what ?? A few dollars ??

Better for those who are keen - to go and watch it there, rather than bringing it to Melbourne.

Almost too many negatives to list.....

Stupid idea from a stupid man....

Bizarre Geelong get home games at MCG to avoid fans being locked out but then there is outcry when someone suggests the Showdown be played there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean the idea is obviously very Vic-centric and inconsiderate of South Australians who can’t afford to travel, but it does provide a good excuse for many Crows & Port fans to have a destination holiday weekend.

I could see the game easily drawing 60,000+

I mean the idea is obviously very Vic-centric and inconsiderate of South Australians who can’t afford to travel, but it does provide a good excuse for many Crows & Port fans to have a destination holiday weekend.

I could see the game easily drawing 60,000+
Both fans already travel for 10 away games.

Australian airlines are going to jack up the price for that round, guaranteed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back