Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Melbourne Demons (Round 12, Mon 10/06 3:20pm MCG) FREEZE MND

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Ed but we don't think we know it all either.

EVERY CLUB LIES - it's the corporate mindset to give the opposition no ammunition and clubs are more corporate every second that goes on.

In my turn I can't understand how you and others expect clubs to give information to competitors - do you all live in ompa loompa land expecting chocolate rivers to flow at your feet or something?

No club owes their supporters the truth when that truth may very well give an opponent an edge over it.

Simple facts people deal with it or remain annoyed and upset every single week.

Give opposition the truth? But the truth inevitably benefits us?

Playing a hurt Beams over a fit Sier actually helps the opposition.

I’d venture there’s near no chance Aish is dropped.
Reid logic dictates moves aside for Cox.

That’s my take on their thinking.
But I’ve been wrong before.
I think you’ve nailed their thinking. My thinking is we should play both Reid and Cox together and Aish whilst playing well is the most expandable in the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks even said in his presser that Mason trained just as well last week "but the medicos said no"

The dude had his ankle stepped on, not his head chopped off
They're being conservative with injuries at this time of the year. It's pretty obvious and also understandable. Why play him when there's even a slight concern of aggravating an injury for the sake of a game they should be winning without him anyway? If it was September, he probably would have played.

The important thing is everyone is as fit and in form as possible in September, not now. The club isn't in the business of appeasing irrational supporters having meltdowns over form fluctuations in the first half of the year.

They're being conservative with injuries at this time of the year. It's pretty obvious and also understandable. Why play him when there's even a slight concern of aggravating an injury for the sake of a game they should be winning without him anyway? If it was September, he probably would have played.

The important thing is everyone is as fit and in form as possible in September, not now. The club isn't in the business of appeasing irrational supporters having meltdowns over form fluctuations in the first half of the year.

My preference would be not to risk Top 2 or Top 4 though.

Top 2 will be tricky to get back now given GWS' form and we're a mere game and percentage from potentially dropping out of the 4.

My preference would be not to risk Top 2 or Top 4 though.

Top 2 will be tricky to get back now given GWS' form and we're a mere game and percentage from potentially dropping out of the 4.
There is absolutely no way Cox should be considered the difference between winning and losing to Freo at the G.

I'd be more confident heading into this match if I felt Melbourne had given away their season but I suspect they haven't mentally checked out as yet.

If anything their performance last week was reminiscent of their 2018 season form and if not for atrocious inaccuracy they would have won.

Really though this game is all about us.

In the corresponding game last season Melbourne were inside the top 4 with 8 wins. We had 7 victories to our name.

We won by 42pts.

The landscape is a whole lot different this time around with Melbourne currently sitting inside the bottom 4, us up the other end so it's not unreasonable to expect a victory.

Still this game should tell us where our side is presently at after a scrappy 4 weeks, are we in for a rude awakening or did last weeks defeat jolt us out of our slumber.

Loves him. Said he is in no danger of being dropped. That JT is disciplined and sacrifices his own game for the team's greater good.

Clearly there is more to Thomas's role or it may have changed from last year because he is certainly not getting the same possessions or impacting the scoreboard the same way
I have to say, he isn’t performing that bad. Overall just dipped slightly.

The biggest dip in form has been that he just isn’t nailing those half chances he gets like he was last year.

He would tumble a mongrel towards goal and it would go in every time this year.

Due to this he has just lost a bit of the ‘impact’ that was so present last year. He will still always play his role well regardless though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back