Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

The way people talk about his poor games you would think he was the Shaun Marsh of the AFL

:rolleyes:

No need to be silly. It was one minor criticism in what was otherwise a very complimentary post. I don't think he's absolutely perfect and I don't think he's the clear-cut best player in the game, at least not yet. I don't think those are unreasonable opinions mate, sorry if that vexes you.

Needs consistency. A few years of this then he’s beast.
Fyfe has been doing this for years, consistently.
But gee Cripps was another level in the second half today. Willed his team over the line
He's been consistent. He was consistently great last season. He had two down games which were given huge media attention. More then most would.

What an odd comment. Cripps has been a model of consistency for a while now. Every bit as consistent as Fyfe.

Also, what is “this”? 38 disposals and 4 goals? Fyfe does that consistently? News to me.
Fair point. Reading his stats and clearances, he’s a hell of a lot more consistent then I gave him. It’s the fact his team does so poorly that made me think otherwise. Carlton makes finals one year, he genuinely wraps up all MVPs, Brownlow, AA captain. That’s the thing holding him back unfortunately.
Hell of a beast. Legit carries the club on his back. Unfair, needs a lot more help. Experience needed that’s for sure.

:rolleyes:

No need to be silly. It was one minor criticism in what was otherwise a very complimentary post. I don't think he's absolutely perfect and I don't think he's the clear-cut best player in the game, at least not yet. I don't think those are unreasonable opinions mate, sorry if that vexes you.

He’s not perfect but who is?

I think he’s in the top 5 in the comp.

Was probably directed at a few posters who seemed to think today was some outlier, when gws and essendon games were the outliers.

Been a great player in a horrible team
If Carlton get some help around him, he will improve again with more time and space
Has just turned 24, his best years are still ahead of him
Not every superstar wins a brownlow, but Cripps is in the top bracket of candidates.

An absolute star. If I could have a pick at any midfielder to be at the pies, it would be Cripps.

I don't understand anyone saying he needs consistency. He has been consistently good for at least 3 or so years now. He is just now hitting the sweet spot in terms of age now, so could rise another level.
Even more credit to him for being so dominant in such a poor side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

38 and 4 is a hell of a combo of raw statistics. Last time I can think of someone doing 35 and 4+ is Dangerfield at the height of his powers with 36 and 4 in 2017 v the Dogs.

Coniglio went close with 36 and 3 last week. Neale had 33 and 3 last year v Carlton. Dangerfield has had a list of 'almost' for this particular stat - 36 and 3, 38 and 3, 34 and 4 in the past few years.

Why embarrass yourself with your lack of footy knowledge so publicly?

There can be a lot of debate about who is #1, but he definitely is in the top 5.
No he's not. Today was an exception and he was excellent, but far too often he goes missing when the game is on the line. Part of the reason Carlton are where they are at on the ladder.

He could have 50 and kick 6 every game for the rest of his career and good old buzzasto would find fault.
Its called "agenda driven"
On paddy - Imagine how good he will be once he gets to 100 games.

His set shot kicking for goal was a blight on his game but he has improved a helluva lot in that department. Every team has their star player. No point comparing the guns. I’m just glad we have an absolute gun in the midfield that can bulldoze his way through packs and carry a team. Really hope he sees success at Carlton.

38 and 4 is a hell of a combo of raw statistics. Last time I can think of someone doing 35 and 4+ is Dangerfield at the height of his powers with 36 and 4 in 2017 v the Dogs.

Coniglio went close with 36 and 3 last week. Neale had 33 and 3 last year v Carlton. Dangerfield has had a list of 'almost' for this particular stat - 36 and 3, 38 and 3, 34 and 4 in the past few years.
Only 10 times in the AFL era. 38 & 4

Cripps and kouta are 2, who are the other 8?

Did he get tagged today? Has battled to shake a tag a few times this season. Is arguably the best player in the game now. Carlton have really blown a chance to get this guy a few flags. Reality is they are probably another 5 years away which puts him close to 30 and with an aging body that has been smashed for 10+ years. They desperately need a few big bodied mids to give him a chop out. I really feel for him. Wouldn't blame him for requesting a trade tbh.

Did he get tagged today? Has battled to shake a tag a few times this season. Is arguably the best player in the game now. Carlton have really blown a chance to get this guy a few flags. Reality is they are probably another 5 years away which puts him close to 30 and with an aging body that has been smashed for 10+ years. They desperately need a few big bodied mids to give him a chop out. I really feel for him. Wouldn't blame him for requesting a trade tbh.
Lyons tagged him.all game, pretty obvious now his last few weeks were nothing to do with the tags and more about the mental battle knowing his coach was about to be sacked.

He has been getting tagged for years and never had poor games like the last few weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back