Roast Gerard Whateley’s Rant on AFL360 (22/08/19)

Remove this Banner Ad

hbCjahc.gif

Hinkley has been so bold playing kids like Connor Rozee, our leading goal kicker, and Xavier Duursma, already one of the best runners in the entire AFL let alone at the club, all year. So brave, sacrificing results to play the kids like that.

Well, except that time he dropped Duursma for 27 year old Fremantle delistee Cam Sutcliffe. Remember that?

Fun fact.

Kane Farrell and Billy Frampton are still #1 and #2 respectively for goals per game yet haven’t been seen for weeks.

#babypears

Pardon the intrusion

Love the passion in here and it’s 100% warranted, I wouldn’t be happy if some outsider told me how I should act in regards to the team I actually give a s**t about. What a bell-end.

I wonder what his opinion is on Melbournes “ natural trajectory” from last year to this?

I’d love to ask Gerard how long are we supposed to wait?
I’d love to ask how many Pafc games has he watched this year.
Same for a number of other so called experts.

They’re not watching many at all and are sticking to a “label” that placed on us at the start of year which is we are playing three first round draftees therefore we are a young team:

“And those clubs have profited enormously from it.”

Doesn’t name a single one. I hate when people say something and never give an example.

Great journalism right there 👍🏻

I assumed he was talking about Richmond and Collingwood.

Does Ken Hinkley have compromising photos of everyone in the media!!!!

I'm so ******* sick of them all blowing him so ******* hard.

Get out of my ******* club Hinkley.

I'm sick of this tolerance of mediocrity that is trying to permeate from outside into our club.

This year has been ok to mediocre, but the under lying themes have been recurrent for years. These arent new. Not scoring, getting blown out early, losing when expectation or opportunities present, finding ways to lose, losing close games, sticking in our mid table mediocrity regardless of personnel. Etc.

We can not tolerate this s**t any longer.

Yep, but why was that prediction made?

On this board it was made because we had a dud coach and we knew exactly what would happen.

Externally it was made because we've been average for years, but nobody knows or cares why.

The youth argument only cropped up mid season because we got lucky with our 1st round picks and that's all anyone knows about Port in 2019. We generally put out an older than average side.

Whately is either sticking up for his mate Ken or he's a terrible analyst who shouldn't be such a disrespectful f***head about a situation he knows nothing about.
Great post.

Let’s just look at the positive

Our roars are deafening - we are being heard

So keep it up, the club can’t afford to ignore us
I'm not stopping. I've never been so angry, and the media's ignorance on the subject is making me furious.

We must keep banging the drums. KTs ridiculous email the other week said it all. They don't believe Ken is the problem, but he is the common denominator in everything, and we need the change our team has been craving since 2016.

#sackhinkley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ports just stop thinking you should be winning when you're underdogs.

Do it the right way. Juice your players up under the radar like my club did.

Beat interstate opponents at your home ground because of dodgy rules implemented badly, you know....like the 30 second shot clock.

And hope a nerdy little fanboy dweeb of yours ends up hosting a subscription TV footy show.

Then you'll have credibility. Like Ken Like me. Then you'll have a platform for sanctimony.

We planned you'd miss the 8 and you're bang on target. Not even the Premiers meet their plan as well as this.

Be grateful.

Whates out.

Yep, but why was that prediction made?

On this board it was made because we had a dud coach and we knew exactly what would happen.

Externally it was made because we've been average for years, but nobody knows or cares why.

The youth argument only cropped up mid season because we got lucky with our 1st round picks and that's all anyone knows about Port in 2019. We generally put out an older than average side.

Whately is either sticking up for his mate Ken or he's a terrible analyst who shouldn't be such a disrespectful f***head about a situation he knows nothing about.
Yep, if anything we should be clearly better than last year.

Rozee has kicked more goals than Wingard did in 18. Amon and Duursma have been outstanding and a far better combo than the lone winger we had when Polec played. On top of that we've had a quality ruckman come in and strengthen us up to be the number 1 clearance team, the best we've ever been under Hinkley, in a year where 6-6-6 should've put a premium on clearances. We've had barely any injuries all year, Supreme depth in the SANFL which has been on fire. We have senior players like Boak who've stepped up and had career best seasons. Burton has brought some great ball use, Houston has risen to another level.

I mean where's the decrease??
Where has the backwards step been??
Why are we worse than last year??

We lucked the * out with our picks and trades and on paper should theoretically be far better, yet we have once again failed to get results.

What's the common denominator!

#sackhinkley

Mr. Whateley, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
I love this quote so much!

I detect some plagiarism - via an Adam Sandler movie no less

Fun fact: The bad guy from Billy Madison is also the white family's dad in Get Out, 23 years later. Completely unrecognisable.

63138424-5597-45A6-9713-509027D67B78.jpeg

F5E7838A-E0FC-4712-99C8-D9BEEFC92C59.jpeg

(Also in West Wing, Handmaid's Tale, and a heap of other great stuff in between).

Honestly Gerard usually is quite reasonably with his opinion but he is so far off the mark it’s unbelievable. Either he is bias due to his like for Hinkley the person or he has not been paying attention the last 5 years.

I’m sorry but Ken Hinkley for 5 years has only made finals once and lost it, he has had a group of players capable on making finals each year. He has changed his game plan each year he has been coach (look at hawthorn they play the same each year), has coached an inconsistent team every year. Has coached a team who drops games they shouldn’t every year.

Even his best year 2014, we should have been top 4 that year but Hinkleys team choked potentially costing us a premiership.

He is a s**t coach that has lost his players. Supporters are fed up. This notion of “they’re young” it’s bullsh*t. So we have played 3 kids all year in Rozee, Butters, and Duursma. But so has Geelong in Miers, Clark and Ratugolea... our best 22 is the average afl age, if not a bit older than average. To use 3 players as an excuse not to make finals or have expectations of finals is the most dumbest thing I have heard Gerard say.

This arsehole of a coach has wasted the career of so many players it’s unbelievable. I can imagine the success that Clarkson would have had with this group of players from 2013-present. Maybe not premierships but definitely would had made finals most years. In the end he is a just an average coach. Port Adelaide is not average, you trying to convince us that we should be happy we are average is just a joke.

Who does this nerd think he is? Who are you to tell us how to think and act when it comes to our football club?

I can't wait for this season to be over...Hinkley and co need to * off asap!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Why are people trying to break Whateley's reasoning down logically? You're all overthinking this.

Ken Hinkley provides a lot of insider access to AFL360 and he's regularly on the show. Therefore, it's in Gerard Whateley's interest for Ken Hinkley to continue being a senior AFL coach. Gerard Whateley cares about AFL360. Gerard Whateley doesn't give a s**t about Port Adelaide. He doesn't care whether the opinion he's expressing is right or wrong. He's merely speaking out in his own self interest because it's in his self interest for Hinkley to remain employed, just like it's in our self interest for Hinkley to be sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back