Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be surprised if after the tyson/salem/kelly deal melb make that mistake again but who knows.
I dont mind them getting 3 if we get 4 or 5.

Yeah ..I can remember at the time they were trying to turn it round.. it seemed a good deal..but Tyson really is one of the worst #2 for a while... Salem has been good... but the could have had kelly... add they could have had ben King last year... IF we did something like that our board would melt..

I cant see how we get 4 or 5 ..

He tested quite badly for most stuff.
He tested so bad .it was like he really didn't want to go that well and be at a bottom club...

The thing with Gould is .. although I like him...I like several others.... and the one thing we are very aware of is the athletic stuff at the Combine ..go and have a lot of the tests from previous year and the guys we pick usually are good at something..like Miers for example... If we had later picks...id say were would be a chance to pick up Philp.. for example.
So although I like him.. I cant see us picking him..before others who will appeal more.

Last edited:
So the injection of Miers and Clark, thru the draft, along with Sav, effed up this year by injecting youth and new blood?

Interesting persepctive.

GO Catters

Going to draft does NOT mean you are failing to be aware of the next year..it just mean you are also aware of 5 years down the track... nearly every premiership team recent has had some kid play a significant role

Personally I think it is. Bring some real top end talent into the club. If we are able to trade up our picks in the 30's to another in the high teens/early 20's then we still can potentially get 3 ripping young kids.
In your scenario it is if we can package up the 30s picks. I'd be looking to those first then go after 4 or 5. No point doing it the other way around coz of we get 4 or 5 and stuck with the others it's a waste

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if there’s any difference between 3-9 to be honest.

Stephens, young, kemp, ash, serong all equal.

Rather give a bit less and try get 6 - 9
Agree. I see a top 4 with on being green. Then very even until 15. 15 to 25 very even. Throw a blanket over the rest.

10-15 is the sweet spot

Contracted to 2020.
Show us your cards. Unless it involves a ruck, or forward.
Gotta remember we lost 1 goal-kicking midfielder in TK, not sure we want to lose a 2nd.
Our demands will be high.
Id be interested in a kid and a future pick... they have several recently picked kids that would appeal . Sturt , North , Dixon ...
Although Menegola will be handy ..if we are chasing FA next year..we could lose him for zero... might pay to be proactive..

Only top 10 picks get the A graders now. The % is slim in terms of getting top liners after 20.
The diamond in the rough is more difficult now as the industry has professionalized .
This draft is becoming crucial given we signed last year players Harry & Gaz.
Oh boy!

Tell that to Cripps or Curnow or Hatley or English ...

We just have to pick the right player..

I’d let menegola go for a good pick. His value can only go down from here, and i’d rather see one of our high picks play than him. He’s a bit meh.

Id do it for a kid and a future... if he walks next year for zero it would be such a waste.. Its the year to reap of the moneyball seeds we have planted... he was P60 something..

Kid has I reckon the most class in the draft year. Just needs to apply himself for 4 quarters.

Really. ...l read up on him a little, there was a knock that he didn't get it enough?
Don't know about that, he's a twice U18 all aust like Will Gould,....Sharp reminds me of Brad Sheppard WCE don't know why being a big midfielder, when Brad was drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back