Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really. ...l read up on him a little, there was a knock that he didn't get it enough?
Don't know about that, he's a twice U18 all aust like Will Gould,....Sharp reminds me of Brad Sheppard WCE don't know why being a big midfielder.

His touches are excellent. Classy. But too often in the Champs he faded a bit in and out and lacked a bit of intensity I thought. Was pretty lucky to be named AA this year I thought.

His touches are excellent. Classy. But too often in the Champs he faded a bit in and out and lacked a bit of intensity I thought. Was pretty lucky to be named AA this year I thought.

I tend to lean towards my first guy Gould just wins so much ball and rarely beaten but l think Sharp is a very classy mover don'tknow if he's as tough as l like.
Stephens is a strong mid Flanders mid/fwd
and Gould HBF. Clark plays wing.

Hill is 100% worth 14 and 24, not sure why you would think otherwise, did you not see him tear us a new one late in the season, the issue for me is salary, he would be on 600-800k i reckon but we would be stupid to not think about it for 14 and 24. Maybe we could throw Menegola in and just give them 14 and 36, wishful thinking. Still think he gets to Saints for 12 and spare change.

Did you see why that all happened. Freo said we want 6 and your FR1 and something else... Stk gave them till this morning. Freo didnt change.. Stk walked out and traded their pick. Now Freo has to decide .. do they just keep him.. or suck it up. Being the big bad guy last year worked for Bell... but you can get a rep playing funny stuff..

Overall ..I get the feel that geelong have started a trend... a lot of clubs are using our kelly playbook ... you are contracted..you are not going till we get what we want.. Thing is not everyone is Kelly. GC did that to Ablett and then Ablett had a lot of sore spots and stress injuries.... and we know what happened to Steven...
One better have a good feel for the player..

Last edited:
Wonder if Jay Rantall is a better midfield prospect than C Stephens?
He is a goal-kicking midfielder with elite endurance, apparently clearance work is decent...

C Stephens has better kicking skills, a bit bigger, but does Rantall have a better overall game and scoreboard impact for a midfielder and is what may separate him from the others... Rantall has very strong defensive talent also.

Rantalll woudl appeal on hs testing ..but he is another like Petrochelli... from a basketball background.. athletically he stands out.. can he bring the other side of it up to speed. Has Blitz?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.
The injury knocked him around this year. Will be twice the player next year
Oh totally agree. The game he played against over Adelaide against the crows, he was one of our best.
Plus against the pies in the finals he was one of our best. Injury missing that amount of forty , takes some a bit longer than others to get back to there best

Did you see why that all happened. Freo said we want 6 and your FR1 and something else... Stk gave them till this morning. Freo didnt change.. Stk walked out and traded their pick. Now Freo has to decide .. do they just keep him.. or suck it up. Being the big bad guy last year worked for Bell... but you can get a rep playing funny stuff..

Overall ..I get the feel that geelong have started a trend... a lot of clubs are using our kelly playbook ... you are contracted..you are not going till we get what we want.. Thing is not everyone is Kelly. GC did that to Ablett and then Ablett had a lot of sore spots and stress injuries.... and we know what happened to Steven...
One better have a god feel for the player..

Yep being pricks cost them and the saints did the right thing in my opinion trading for those 2 picks, smart move. Too many puffed out chests and silly numbers thrown around in this trade period already. Steven is not worth anymore than 37, Saints dont like it they can keep him and pay his 800k why he sulks in the corner.

He's got genuine explosive pace and isn't frightened to use it running the ball out and booming kicks into attack.
Very accurate long kicks as good as anything l've seen at his age.

I've not seen him gain separation from an actively chasing opponent once, he just has good positioning and the added time of lower levels.

If drafted he'd be called slow on here within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back