Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom morris on the fox trade show don’t rule out the cats for Josh Jenkins really late when Ralphy was saying there was absolutely zero interest in the AFL for him.

Not fussed but we simply don’t have a list spot for him
Don’t want him. He is an over the topper goal square player! Effin panic trades to keep us in the 8!

When did Wells first advise that we won't be chasing a ruck this trade period as the ones we were interested in available?

Only reason I ask is because Tom tweeted this 7ish - so either he's bored or maybe thinks he's smarter than everyone else & knows something is happening in the background

Was just looking up Jack Steven to refresh my memory on his stats and was surprised that he played 0 games in his first year, 1 in his second and 8 in his third. After that he was away! Think we’re all guilty of forgetting how long it takes kids to develop! (unless your name’s Joel!)

Edit spelling

Ross Lyon not exactly known for promoting youth....

When did Wells first advise that we won't be chasing a ruck this trade period as the ones we were interested in available?

Only reason I ask is because Tom tweeted this 7ish - so either he's bored or maybe thinks he's smarter than everyone else & knows something is happening in the background

That is one of those tweets you look at and think, man you have literally nothing else to say right now

That is one of those tweets you look at and think, man you have literally nothing else to say right now
That's pretty much what every response was - someone even offered to pay for him to go on holidays on the promise he would put his phone away and not talk about football until March

Totally agree with this. A wise old hand at the draft once told me. Usually 1, maybe 2-3 standouts. Then there is 30 kids who can all play. Clubs, pick them all apart and apply a ranking but reality is, you will find it hard to seperate these 30 until they land at their clubs. Then it comes down to a little bit of luck. Buy more tickets.
Applies this year for sure.

I agree. Big pre-seasons and we’ll see them vying for some senior footy next year. Both have ability

Most of the kids drafted have ability ...do they have that something special to separate them from the clammering hoard all striving for their chance. Its like Simpson... maybe he gets a chance if we have a few less mature type in our side... but we bring in a Steven or two ..and he probably has another hurdle to jump. So Jarvis and Kennerly ..where do they fit ..

Last edited:
Maybe Wells can get in on the Essendon/Sydney debacle
Sydney get pick 9 from Carlton for Papley, pick 14 and 24 and future first (WC)from Geelong
Essendon get Pick 9, 14 and a future 2nd from Sydney for Daniher
Geelong get pick 6 and Sam Reid
This gives us a serious KPF who is mobile with great hands and stops a Jenkins to Geelong possibility
Gives us pick 6, 17, 36, Reid and Steven
Potentially, Flanders, Kemp and Riccardi

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of the kids draft have ability ...do they have that something special to separate them from the clammering hoard all striving for their chance. Its like Simpson... maybe he gets a chance if we have a few less mature type in our side... but we bring in a Steven or two ..and he probably has another hurdle to jump. So Jarvis and Kennerly ..where do they fit ..

Kennerley looks ideally suited on a wing. It’s not like we have too many outside wingers for him to compete with just now. If he can bulk up a bit more this pre-season then I think he should aim for a handful of games in 2020.

Jarvis was drafted as a medium forward/mid. Further behind than Kennerley but I think he could potentially debut next year. Rohan and Gary won’t play 22 games. Might be an opening there.

Kennerley looks ideally suited on a wing. It’s not like we have too many outside wingers for him to compete with just now. If he can bulk up a bit more this pre-season then I think he should aim for a handful of games in 2020.

Jarvis was drafted as a medium forward/mid. Further behind than Kennerley but I think he could potentially debut next year. Rohan and Gary won’t play 22 games. Might be an opening there.

OK ..but if we draft someone like Sharp who gets a go.. ?

Not knocking them at all ... id have Brownless ahead of both atm ...but if we bring in matures or if we are not proactive in =giving them as shot they will probably just be another bad luck story..

OK ..but if we draft someone like Sharp who gets a go.. ?

Not knocking them at all ... id have Brownless ahead of both atm ...but if we bring in matures or if we are not proactive in =giving them as shot they will probably just be another bad luck story..

Whoever has the best form.

Where do you see Brownless playing? Inside mid?

GWS are hoping to get a pick in before the Green bid. Hence they want pick 3. If they aren't after the same player as us then there's no need for us to bust our balls to get pick 3 - we can trade for 4 or more likely 5 instead.

They just need to get infront of Sydney ..I dont think others call the name..but they get earlier and and Young and Green .. sounds like Kermit as a kid

What about the WB who need Picks under 24 for Keith and Bruce

13 & 32 for 17 & 24.

Leave us with 13, 14, 32, 36 and Steven. They should get Bruce for 17 and Keith for 24.

I’m not sure losing 24 in this draft for just jumping up 4 places in the teens in this draft is worth it. Would rather keep our picks in this scenario. I think we either go for a pick in the top 5 or leave things as is other than to potentially trade up 36 and 37 together if we don’t get Steven.

Don’t want him. He is an over the topper goal square player! Effin panic trades to keep us in the 8!

He’s really not just that, you don’t average 2 goals a game for half a decade without being a bit better than “over the topper goal square player”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back