Preview Round 3 North vs Swans Saturday 1:45 pm: Changes & pre match discussion @Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpkin and Anderson are the best combination of the midfield.
Very unexpected selection this week. I like it anyway.

“They’re playing with fierce pressure, and it’s a real credit to him to be able to get them playing that way for four quarters.”

Swans coach John Longmire has praised his former assistant Rhyce Shaw.

Can’t remember the last time we had five Indigenous players in the side.

I can't ever remember undertaking the racial profiling of the team.

6 possessions in the midfield and one of those was a soft give straight to the opposition for a goal. I like him and think he's got a big future but let's be realistic.
yep, you'd think that panic handball under tackle pressure would not have gone down well, but as David King said in commentary, young players make those mistakes; no doubt he'll be back

It’s a fantastic vote of confidence in Kyron. Is he still eligible for the Rising Star or is he too old at 21?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
no disrespect, I like the guy too, but the other part of the qualification he might need to meet is doing something to warrant a nomination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after I had the pitchforks out for Ahern apparently returning from the break in bad shape, he is back in! Good strong vote of confidence from the coach, and perhaps (definitely) Paulie isn't in as bad a nick as reported. Thought Bailey might have survived but he is determined enough, he will be back. Strong side. Can't wait.

You’d have to think. Also, Scamper has a huge amount of skin in this particular game. First game against his old club + coach. Those eyes will be even more focussed than usual. Dream scenario would be if he manages to be as successful as the first time Laidley faced Pagan. Wouldn’t that be grand?!

Brother, you might want to check what actually happened on that occasion..

The Swines have also gone smaller:

Sydney’s Round 2 Team:

B
Jake Lloyd, Dane Rampe, Aliir Aliir
HB Callum Mills, Robbie Fox, Harry Cunningham
C Isaac Heeney, Luke Parker, Lewis Taylor
HF Oliver Florent, Tom McCartin, Jordan Dawson
F Sam Gray, James Rowbottom, Will Hayward
Foll Callum Sinclair, Josh Kennedy, Tom Papley
I/C Colin O'Riordan, Nick Blakey, Justin McInerney, George Hewett
Emergencies: Rylet Stoddart, Ryan Clarke, Hayden McLean, Ben Ronke

In: Robbie Fox
Out: Kaiden Brand (groin)

The impression I get (based on nothing but the vibe) is that Scamper is finding out early whether Mason and Ahern are up to the task. He’s giving them a chance, happy in the knowledge that he has a truckload of young bucks banging down the door (Walker, Scott, Larkey, Mahony + LDU, Comden, Perez and EVW. Even Murphy & Daw.

PS. Walker Scott would be a great name for a player - even Scott Walker.

If Ahern is back in town, theres a reason for this to happen, adds more to the midfield rotation. North has traditionally lacked midfield rotation in we probably only had 5 or 6 to the top team's 12 or more. We now seem to be able to add more to this rotation especially the center square which has traditionally being our weakness but not fully recognized.

Rampe will be giving up 11cms to Brown.

It's time to carpet bomb him from the air.

In correct, Brown is not a power forward, rampe is best served by matching him with ziebell. Brown is someone who you want to have a clear run towards the drop of the ball and making a big leap of it. Brown's zone of optimal operation is around the 35-40 meter arc. A big mistake is to put brown in the goal square to wrestle with oppositon's big defenders. Larkey is more suited with the jostling in the goal square type actions as he has already being able to do this with increasing competency.

Ahern in? Thats quite the surprise

Quite the confidence boost and show of faith in him by Shaw.... it surprised me when he was omitted as looked like Shaw was putting a lot of time into him... look forward to seeing him back in midfield as if he is is going to make it it will prob only be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back