25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Ross not worth much. Cap space perhaps.

The ones above are 2 x 1st rounders. Billing’s & our first would get Merrett. Bombers would then on trade the picks for Dunkley.
Is Merrett RFA or FA ?

We should be doing everything we can to get Anderson and king

we r so far off, if we don’t get some young elite mid field talent we will be re holding the list again before we know it
Anderson would be huge
King there for at least two more years

I’m not sure we have much currency to trade with, but I’m holding draft picks. We need to inject some more elite young.
Yep. I’m the same myself. My tune has been changed this year.. we need good kids to come through the system over the next few years. This years pick looks top 7. If anything I’d look to get another first rounder in by a trade. Get some youth in the side.

Sydney, Bombers, Dogs, Port ect all look to be succeeding from their youth programs. Albeit Sydney get the biggest free ride with their 7mill strong zone base.

Yep. I’m the same myself. My tune has been changed this year.. we need good kids to come through the system over the next few years. This years pick looks top 7. If anything I’d look to get another first rounder in by a trade. Get some youth in the side.

Sydney, Bombers, Dogs, Port ect all look to be succeeding from their youth programs. Albeit Sydney get the biggest free ride with their 7mill strong zone base.
Did you see the write up about the kid, Sinn, on the AFL app today?
Sandringham Dragon midfielder being touted as a potential #1.
He seemed ideal, let’s hope that he drifts rather than we sink.

Players we could of selected instead of brad hill:

Kosi Pickett
Will day
Mitch georgiadies

Kill me now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Hill.

Assuming we don’t improve, time to trade him. Treloar style. Also think he needs to run around in the twos for a week or two, find some form maybe it can still go good, we’d be looking at this at the minute for absolute best. I don’t know which club would take the run on him. Maybe Essendon if Merrett leaves. Have to sell him on the absolute cheap. High reward, no risk for the bombers.

Essendon

Out: Merrett, (IDK where, let’s say Melbourne, seems like a nice fit, had a nice start), future 2nd, pick 47 and pick 53

In: Pick 3, 11, (first round compo) and Hill

St Kilda:

In: Pick 10, future 2nd Ess, pick 47 and pick 53

Out: Hill and Pick 3

*Essendon and St Kilda split Hills wage 75/25 for the next three years. Gives St Kilda extra 675k in the salary.

All this does is just effectively gives Essendon a replacement on Merrett and a high pick. It gets the Saints a top 10 pick this year, but allows Essendon to walk away massive winners. Also saves Saints some salary.

While we are here may as well continue.

Offer GC:

Pick 10 and a future 1st for King, they will say no

Then offer Pick 10, future 1st, future 3rd and Sinclair for King and a future 2nd, That’ll get up.

Then we have two options, either rebuild or hold. I would hold. Play Battle and Dougs as our KPB and have Hanners on a wing and move Clark into the middle. Both Kings having a ruck.

I would also chuck the kitchen sink at Jelly, there’s your Hill, only about 1000 times better. I’m willing to go 1.2M-800k over 5-6 years. With Hill gone we can afford that.

Trades:

Out: Hill, Sincs, pick 3, future 1st and future 3rd
In: King, Jelly, future 2nd, (GC and Ess), pick 47 and pick 53.

Look a little something like this:

B: Pato, Dougs, Wilks
HB: Long, Battle, Jones
C: Hanners, Steele, Kelly
HF: Members, King, Billings
FF: Gresh, King, Butler
Fol: Marshall, Crouch, Ross
Bch: Coff, Bytel, Clark, Higgins
Sub: Ryder
Emer: Cars, Byrnes, Lonie

Introducing your 2022 premiers, the Saints.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Where are at with new talent coming through? I'm getting the distinct impression that many other clubs are doing better at developing young players and some are doing OK at senior level. With Hill, Butler, Hanners, Jones and a couple of other experienced players, I am seeing comfort-zone footy..lost the contest again..oh well, I'll get a game next week regardless. We must blood younger players..this mob wont challenge for a premiership under Ratts' style while dragging passengers along.

Dont care how but move Hill on

We had 3 prior to the injury, not sure if that means we can take 4 or not.

I'd be taking a swing at a few and seeing if we can't get a gem in the rough.

I said last year our drafting was confusing. We went in needing a key defender, quality mid and a ruck. We came out with a key forward and another 3rd tall defender.

Hopefully there is a late bloomer amongst them that fits those needs.

There are a heap of good kids that should have been drafted last year still left for the midseason draft.

There are a heap of good kids that should have been drafted last year still left for the midseason draft.

Yes Gringo ...we have 3- 4 picks great opportunity to view kids over TAC coming weeks.

Been disappointing start , would love to trade for a Taranto but in reality we need to go the draft all year.

I can’t see anyone paying Billings enough coin to get us a first round pick. We are better off keeping him.

He should be on about $400,000pa tops. He's a solid B grader but nothing more. He'd be a fringe player in a top side. He's like a more consistent Newnes. You need some soldiers so I'd keep him too.

Yes Gringo ...we have 3- 4 picks great opportunity to view kids over TAC coming weeks.

Been disappointing start , would love to trade for a Taranto but in reality we need to go the draft all year.

Yeah, we have to pay a lot to get good players over unfortunately. We haven't hit the draft enough where you can uncover some gems. The older players like Hind and Parker didn't work out either. Melbourne have done well at the draft after doing it similar to us. Kosi Pickett and Jackson should become good players and are what they need.

I’m a massive fan of jumping at shadows. It’s what keeps me entertained. On that basis - years end and we miss finals. Teams like Melb, Sydney, Dogs and say GC have gone straight past us. What do we do? We have one first round pick and no second. History suggests only one bigger name player gets traded. Who would you trade to acquire some more high picks? Or would you try to grab yet another bigger name trade?

I’d love to take back the trades of Hanners & Hill, but we’re stuck with them. No one is taking them on the money their on.

What’s left? The glaring one is Billing’s. Off contract and a RFA. Would be worth a first round. Who else? I’m all ears. Any suggestions are welcome. Including the toys from the cot.
What’s king worth ? Would you take Anderson and a late first ? Would gc pay that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back