Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look how important Jayden hunt, Markov are for their sides, and I still have nightmares of Toby Bairstow being blown away by the speed and brilliance of Peter Matera in 92, and Cyril in 08 against Enright and Rooke.
Ablett played in that midfield with chappy that added pace and their skills were all elite as was their decision making and is why wojo was so important in those sides.

Why are we so worried about FFA, we haven't won a flag from it, if someone could explain to me how Higgins is a better player than Fogarty now and into the future I'll go buy a giants membership
It was Mark Bairstow and from memory he had been in hospital on a drip during the week leading upto the Grand Final. Have to ask Blighty why we played Bairstow on Matera and left him there.

Interesting article today with Peter Sumich who is predicting a heap of Victorian Freo players to head back at seasons end. He said he has heard Geelong are big time into Sean Darcy, and that Darcy Tucker wants to come to us.
Found it weird that Freo used all their high picks on Vic players, guys like Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong etc. Surely law of averages would result in a few heading home.

Interesting article today with Peter Sumich who is predicting a heap of Victorian Freo players to head back at seasons end. He said he has heard Geelong are big time into Sean Darcy, and that Darcy Tucker wants to come to us.
Found it weird that Freo used all their high picks on Vic players, guys like Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong etc. Surely law of averages would result in a few heading home.
Oh great more whining from the WA posters about VICBIAS incoming over the pre season then

1617773821667.gif

Would love to get in Cerra if he wants to come home. Tucker and Darcy are fine but I wouldn't be giving up picks inside the top 30 for them.

I can already see the response to this.
Jordan Clark please

Is there any reason why we would want Darcy Tucker? Sean Darcy yes but a bit late on the ruck front

Has anybody actually seen Sean Darcy play? If he was delisted or a Zac Smith esk trade then yes but otherwise a massive pass. The Game went past his style in the 1995 GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree. I’d be giving him and Tucker a miss. Cerra on the other hand...

Cerra is a gun and won't be walking anywhere. Not even for Clark, if we were supposedly prepared to look at that.

Darcy Tucker is an absolute pass for mine, unless he wants to come to us for chump change and then get in line for a spot on the emergencies list.

As for Sean Darcy, it tells you everything about the parlous nature of our ruck stocks that he is potentially a live option to come to us. He's far from a world-beater, that's for sure. But with Rhys coming ever closer to the end, Fort a stop-gap at best, and Esava struggling for any continuity, he may be an option that we consider to stay competitive in the ruck for 2022, at least.

Having said that, I'm still hopeful that the real future of our ruck role lies with Esava and Neale. Shannon might not be ready for regular senior footy until the season after next. But I'm backing him in to be a far better long-term option in the ruck than Sean Darcy will be by the time the ball is bounced in 2023.

You guys are harsh on Sean Darcy... Christ he's practically a kid at 22 and could be anything by 25, for a bloke his size i wouldnt be saying no considering all we have is bloody Stanley.

Sean Darcy perhaps one of our later 2nd round picks, given he is ready and good to go. I would entertain it given Stanley is getting old, and I dont rate Darcy Fort, nor do I think Esava can be a full time ruck.
Given that we just invested in Neale and Greek Freak for development, its interesting that he wants back to us.
Darcy Tucker, maybe a late 3rd or early 4th round pick, but probably not what we need. Though he is a nice left footer, has a big boot on him and he can tackle, he ain't slow either. You never know with a Tucker, coming back home, it might elevate his game. I don't know if he can kick on his right foot though.
We usually take these ex western victoria lads that want to come back. So I reckon we will probably take both if the price is right.

You guys are harsh on Sean Darcy... Christ he's practically a kid at 22 and could be anything by 25, for a bloke his size i wouldnt be saying no considering all we have is bloody Stanley.
Was gunna say the same. If he’s only a second round pick he would be a fantastic get at his age. Delist Fort and Jenkins immediately, develop Sav, Neale and the Greek kid, pretty good set up for me At very little cost.

Was gunna say the same. If he’s only a second round pick he would be a fantastic get at his age. Delist Fort and Jenkins immediately, develop Sav, Neale and the Greek kid, pretty good set up for me At very little cost.
With Fort contracted for another 12 months, it may instead be delist Stanley & Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back