Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
after the way the Dons smoked the Saints last night.... their Rd 2 pick became less valuable.... i know.. its Rd3... and its only 1 game..

But still

Go Catters
I wouldn't draw too big a trend there. Saints were really bad. I can't see the dons racking up too many more of those

OK, that changes the outlook. I thought he was a RFA. If he was a RFA I thought there's a high chance of the bombers matching our bid and forcing us to negotiate. And no disrespect to the bombers but it may be too hard to agree. Merrett would leave a massive hole in in their midfield.
He is RFA but they would get less out of us Thad they would in compo. We could chuck every tradeable pick on the table and we wouldn't get pick 5 for it.

He is RFA but they would get less out of us Thad they would in compo. We could chuck every tradeable pick on the table and we wouldn't get pick 5 for it.
We could give them back their second round pick, that may be our highest at this draft...

Lachie Fogarty ( yes it's early) looks relishing and playing well for Carlton

Amazing what midfield minutes can do to a young mid.

We refused to give him a chance in the middle. Goes to another club for peanuts and relishes a good opportunity. Good on him. Our loss. A waste of a top 20 pick or so.

We refused to give him a chance in the middle. Goes to another club for peanuts and relishes a good opportunity. Good on him. Our loss. A waste of a top 20 pick or so.
And that could be the start of things, in recruiting Smith and Higgins ( more Higgins) and not playing other young guys... thats just my opinion thou... I would of like to back in our kids than getting a 33 year old Higgins

And that could be the start of things, in recruiting Smith and Higgins ( more Higgins) and not playing other young guys... thats just my opinion thou... I would of like to back in our kids than getting a 33 year old Higgins
That's always the risk with bringing in mature-aged players. Some young blokes just need a consistent run at it before they start to really hit their straps. It's why I hope we keep giving Clark game time, you can see from a mile away he's got some serious weapons, it'd be a shame to deny him a chance to develop them at AFL level.

He was given midfield minutes - his best games for us was last year versus North when he played in the guts

Problem for Fogarty is that once we had others return to the midfield he was pushed back to the forward flank

He was given midfield minutes - his best games for us was last year versus North when he played in the guts

Problem for Fogarty is that once we had others return to the midfield he was pushed back to the forward flank

I think he was Joels obvious replacement... and as Joels is not ready to go then ..he moves on

He's only RFA tough? We of all people know (twice now) that offers can be matched. I actually think GWS have now set the example and other clubs will absolutely follow suit and match in order to get a much better deal. Essendon, with Dodo in particular, would absolutely match a RFA offer for Merrett IMO.

what exactly is the point of RFA?? It actually seems to simply promote players more so to walk from bottom four clubs and force top teams losing players into a nasty s**t fight. It should be gone and serves no purpose really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pre-game thread is locked so I'll post it here.

Judd2Sewell

What's the situation with Narkle?

Whenever I've watched him play he's looked very classy. I don't see him on the injury list, so I assume he's just not getting picked?

Narkle is my favourite player but I think the club had an issue with his defensive running as he'd never seem to trackback. Added on the fact he had come to pre-season overweight one season then has dealt with injuries it has all pushed him back a little bit.

But he gets BOG in VFL and is usually an emergency so he seems to be next in line he just never gets a chance.

Look how important Jayden hunt, Markov are for their sides, and I still have nightmares of Toby Bairstow being blown away by the speed and brilliance of Peter Matera in 92, and Cyril in 08 against Enright and Rooke.
Ablett played in that midfield with chappy that added pace and their skills were all elite as was their decision making and is why wojo was so important in those sides.

Why are we so worried about FFA, we haven't won a flag from it, if someone could explain to me how Higgins is a better player than Fogarty now and into the future I'll go buy a giants membership

I think its very difficult to argue that pace has become more important with the success of Richmond. Slwo players can offensivly use the ball well and thru slick ball movement move the ball quickly, but def it is hard to see slow players defend.

Look how important Jayden hunt, Markov are for their sides, and I still have nightmares of Toby Bairstow being blown away by the speed and brilliance of Peter Matera in 92, and Cyril in 08 against Enright and Rooke.
Ablett played in that midfield with chappy that added pace and their skills were all elite as was their decision making and is why wojo was so important in those sides.

Why are we so worried about FFA, we haven't won a flag from it, if someone could explain to me how Higgins is a better player than Fogarty now and into the future I'll go buy a giants membership
Fogs cant kick. Can find the pill, just doesn't have the polish to have x-factor. I don't miss him. Those small mids are easy to replace. Dime a dozen.

What ever happens at the end of this year we have to stop the dads army recruiting no player older than 28
I think it depends on the circumstances. If we take all our seconds to the draft and only add geriatrics through free agency then go your hardest

Obviously the club sees what the want in Higgins over Fogarty.... but Id have to say..to this point he has not added much...but he has been selected. I doubt Fogarty would get games till Selwood was done

I think it depends on the circumstances. If we take all our seconds to the draft and only add geriatrics through free agency then go your hardest

Totally agree. Im no great advocate for adding more players that will not be capable of playing 100 games for us. Higgins will struggle to play 50

but one has to look at all available options and circumstance.

Who do we see in our best 22 not playing next year? Is there a spot to fill or do we need to find a player for 2022?

Who do we lose from our best 22 that can be replaced from the draft?

How does the style we are playing stand up this year? etc etc...

I think that we may need to find a highly talented kid who can play quickly. Even Holmes looks like he has the under lying talent to be a long term player for us ..similar to Guthrie I guess. He played two games in his first year...

Do we benefit from adding more tadpoles swimming at the bottom of the list? A Fogarty type or a variation of it? We have a lot of youth with potential but not much that demands selection. So can we find that type with our second or do we look at the uncontracted kids drafted the last few years that have either devalued as they have not had a chance yet, were still in development or been a little unlucky?

Hard to know to we see the talent in the draft I guess... but if we could get Flanders for one of those R2s' I do that for sure. Has a heap of kids in and around him at GC and probably more talented than someone we can draft at 20 something.

Totally agree. Im no great advocate for adding more players that will not be capable of playing 100 games for us. Higgins will struggle to play 50

but one has to look at all available options and circumstance.

Who do we see in our best 22 not playing next year? Is there a spot to fill or do we need to find a player for 2022?

Who do we lose from our best 22 that can be replaced from the draft?

How does the style we are playing stand up this year? etc etc...

I think that we may need to find a highly talented kid who can play quickly. Even Holmes looks like he has the under lying talent to be a long term player for us ..similar to Guthrie I guess. He played two games in his first year...

Do we benefit from adding more tadpoles swimming at the bottom of the list? A Fogarty type or a variation of it? We have a lot of youth with potential but not much that demands selection. So can we find that type with our second or do we look at the uncontracted kids drafted the last few years that have either devalued as they have not had a chance yet, were still in development or been a little unlucky?

Hard to know to we see the talent in the draft I guess... but if we could get Flanders for one of those R2s' I do that for sure. Has a heap of kids in and around him at GC and probably more talented than someone we can draft at 20 something.
We have until 2023 to find about 5 Fogarty types I think so I'm all for getting a couple of tadpoles swimming in the 2s that can turn into decent frogs... I think the metaphor ran out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back