24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Yeah, you only need to talk to an average Pat’s fan (and I know at least two) and they’ll say the same thing.
Even Brady was a fourth round pick (something weird like that).
In our defence however, we didn’t start investing money (because things were tight) until the post Trout era.
Unfortunately, still too early to call whether the extra investment is successful.
But intuitively you’d expect so.

I think people who don't grow up St Kilda fans think that we don't want success and that there isn't a lot of urgency to achieve anything. They tend to not put energy of money into the key areas and when results go much as you'd expect they panic buy trying to look like they'd been busy for the last 5 years. Carlton and Essendon do it too. They seem to not want to do the basics but every so often they have a flurry of activity to cover arses. All will need to luck it because they aren't systemised in their approach.

Does anyone have an exhaustive list of the 19-yr olds in the NAB League / other Leagues that were overlooked?

I can only think of Raak off the top of my head, who would be perfect for us as a (listed) 192cm, 78kg key defender with good footskills..

Does anyone have an exhaustive list of the 19-yr olds in the NAB League / other Leagues that were overlooked?

I can only think of Raak off the top of my head, who would be perfect for us as a (listed) 192cm, 78kg key defender with good footskills..
Raak looks very promising, pity he's not a bit taller though.

Not sure about a list but there is plenty of discussion on the mid season draft thread on our board

There is a mid season draft thread with quite a few names mentioned.
I guess it would be good if someone combined them and we had a sticky however you do that.

surely we would be having a look at dunkley?

Said this before the 1st game that we should be into him

A few said we dont need him LOL

surely we would be having a look at dunkley?

Another 2 first round picks out the door and a big contract?

He's a very good player no doubt, but we already have Steele, Crouch and Clark as slowish inside mids, surely we'd be better off focusing on playing Clark in the middle and trying to bring in mids with class and pace?

He's a very good player no doubt, but we already have Steele, Crouch and Clark as slowish inside mids, surely we'd be better off focusing on playing Clark in the middle and trying to bring in mids with class and pace?

Like Hill ( was what i was told before we got him ).

It doesn't get much more ideal than Zach Merrett, but then you wonder if we'd have to give him a 'set for life' contract to entice him, and if that could have similar results to what's seemingly happening with Hill, where the hunger just isn't the same after cashing in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't get much more ideal than Zach Merrett, but then you wonder if we'd have to give him a 'set for life' contract to entice him, and if that could have similar results to what's seemingly happening with Hill, where the hunger just isn't the same after cashing in.
Merrett would be great, but yeah I can't see him wanting to come.

There are a few in the draft thar suit

Said this before the 1st game that we should be into him

A few said we dont need him LOL

I was probably one of them. We still need to improve our midfield stocks. Especially seeing as Gresham is looking as shaky as Hanners right now and with Jones a little bit prone to missing games, another couple of good ones wouldn't hurt. Imagine what Dunkley would do in a shitter midfield like us or the Dons. He'd look like Tom Mitchell.

We need mids with a point of difference from those we’ve got. We’re too one dimensional.
I agree

He may not be everyone's cup of tea but there is a very good reason why when Zak Jones is up and about and playing great footy we are a much better side.

A mid with pace but also great skills would be great please.

We need mids with a point of difference from those we’ve got. We’re too one dimensional.
Yes replacing D & C grade players would be a good point of difference

Dunstan & Ross are not up to it, our midfield is Steele Crouch Bytel & Clark sometimes

God I remember we didn't want Dusty we didn't Gaff or Treloar

Last edited:
Yes replacing D & C grade players would be a good point of difference

Dunstan & Ross are not up to it, our midfield is Steele Crouch Bytel & Clark sometimes

God I remember we didn't want Dusty we didn't Gaff or Treloar
Problem is, Western Bulldogs won't trade Dunkley for Ross and Dunstan.

Steele, Crouch, Clark and Bytel is already the slowest midfield in the comp.

I am dead against giving up 2 first round picks and a big contract to add another slow inside mid into the mix when we could be developing our own.

Big bodied mids are not the only answer to winning the footy.

I am dead against giving up 2 first round picks and a big contract to add another slow inside mid into the mix.

I am dead against giving up 2 first round picks and a big contract to add another slow inside mid into the mix when we could be developing our own.

where did I suggest Dunstan and Ross would get it done? Silly to suggest that

didn’t say big bodied mids are the only answer either,but bringing in really fast outside wingman doesn’t seem to be the answer either. But come September it will be the big bodied mids that have the most influence

Anyone got stats on how our midfield is going in total possessions of all kinds compared to other teams? It was clear to me anyway back when we recruited Paddy McC, that we needed to build an elite midfield to get up the ladder, but it didn't happen.

Draft kids rebuild again, this list is taking us nowhere
A lot can't change in 5 days.

Can't draft kids if we are giving up 2 first round draft picks for another slow mid.

It is easy to say we replace players like Ross and Dunstan but you need to pay for them some how. We haven't had a top 20 pick for the last 2 years and if we want Dunkley we won't have another for 2 more.

where did I suggest Dunstan and Ross would get it done? Silly to suggest that

didn’t say big bodied mids are the only answer either,but bringing in really fast outside wingman doesn’t seem to be the answer either. But come September it will be the big bodied mids that have the most influence
Show me a side that has 5 slow inside mids running around?

All the good sides have mids with a point of difference and not one person has suggested we go for another wingman, In fact I said the opposite just a few posts earlier.

We just watched guys like Edwards and Bolton run circles around our mids. They had 15 clearances between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back