Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Already discussing how to handicap Geelong from being attractive to players. Wow.

You talking gruzewski? Hes been a late riser for sure.
Hes still very raw so hes a long term project but his ability to play both ends will appeal. Could go second round yes (this draft is hard to predict after the first 20).

Yeah... too quick for me I added his name...

I just liked what I saw. Sort of reminded me a bit of Georgiades in a way. he came from nowhere as well

He kicked 53 goals in a bottom 4 side with next to no help around him, pretty stupid comment in all honesty.
Exactly. To be matching it with the best tall forwards in the comp playing for a side that lost a lot more games than it won is a great effort. The Demons would kill for a power forward like Peter Wright. He'd kick 75 goals playing for them.

That's fair.

There are aspects of his play that I really like, you've listed most of them Goggin.

He's definitely unlucky; been a good servant of the club.

He will finish up at some stage and he will have played over 100 games... not bad for a guy that was looking at wafl expeience. Talking of that...did anyone see the wafl game on the website the other day? Just me or has the standard dropped away?

He is not worth pick 7 in any world so he stays.

I can see us being nice with a sweetener, something like our first rounder (19) + R2 pick, but that would be it
Not saying that would be the deal I just think we'll have to go and be inventive with the pick 7 to get ourselves a draft hand that pleases the clubs we are working with, I really dont see pick 18 and a future 1st getting Bruhn and Henry to the club and nobody we would trade has any value.

Assuming we now bring in Bowes, Bruhn and Henry, how many draft picks do you see us using this year?

Is this correct?

Outs - Selwood, Dahlhaus, Higgins, Williams, Narkle, Stevens, Evans (7)

Ins - Bowes, Bruhn, O.Henry, Atkins (elevated), Close (elevated)

Leaves 2 to be drafted? Pick 7 plus I’d assume an upgraded pick?

Best case for me - Clark and Weddle

Certainly not a bad outcome.

What pick are we taking weddle with ?

Not saying that would be the deal I just think we'll have to go and be inventive with the pick 7 to get ourselves a draft hand that pleases the clubs we are working with, I really dont see pick 18 and a future 1st getting Bruhn and Henry to the club and nobody we would trade has any value.
Future first and this years first should honestly get it done and is quite fair value considering what both have shown.

Midfield depth if we land these targets (2023 season age in brackets)

Centre square: Dangerfield (33), Blicavs (32), Guthrie (31), Atkins (28), Parfitt (25), Bowes (25), Simpson (25), Stephens (22), Bruhn (21), Knevitt (20), Whyte (20), Willis (20), Pick 7 (18/19)

Wings/HFs/HBs: Smith (34), Duncan (32), Tuohy (33), Menegola (31), Close (25), Miers (24), Holmes (21), Dempsey (20), Kroeger (20)

You can really see the thin, almost non-existent, 26-30 year old cohort (hello Jacob Hopper).

Expect us to play in that space in the 2023 player movement period.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming we now bring in Bowes, Bruhn and Henry, how many draft picks do you see us using this year?

Is this correct?

Outs - Selwood, Dahlhaus, Higgins, Williams, Narkle, Stevens, Evans (7)

Ins - Bowes, Bruhn, O.Henry, Atkins (elevated), Close (elevated)

Leaves 2 to be drafted? Pick 7 plus I’d assume an upgraded pick?

Best case for me - Clark and Weddle

No williams is a rookie so we only have one senior list spot.
So we will take p7 only (and trade all our later picks) + 2 rookie elevations.
Unless simpson is delist which would give us 2 ND picks or if sav or another player is traded.

We have 3 cat A and 2 cat b rookie slots (one less if simpson gets rookied).
Clohesy can be taken as a cat b rookie if he gets through the ND.

In that range I guess.

Have to be some sort of height coming in...especially if we let Sav go.

We do need height but p7 is prob our only ND pick and its prob too early for a tall (unless we split 7 for 2 picks in the teens).

Add a couple of KPPs with our rookie picks maybe?

Midfield depth if we land these targets (2023 season age in brackets)

Centre square: Dangerfield (33), Blicavs (32), Guthrie (31), Atkins (28), Parfitt (25), Bowes (25), Simpson (25) Bruhn (23), Stephens (22), Knevitt (20), Whyte (20), Willis (20), Pick 7 (18/19)

Wings/HFs/HBs: Smith (34), Duncan (32), Tuohy (33), Menegola (31), Close (25), Miers (24), Holmes (21), Dempsey (20), Kroeger (20)

You can really see the thin, almost non-existent, 26-30 year old cohort (hello Jacob Hopper).

Expect us to play in that space in the 2023 player movement period.
Bruhn is only 21 next year. He'll be a two time premiership player by 23🤣

Popcorn GIF by WWE

I have to say this is me , after reading the Hawks board 😅 😂

Early 20’s?

We wont have one in that range i reckon (only one list spot currently too although can create one) 38 48 55 58 64 will either get used in our 3 player trades or traded for 2023 picks (offsetting our future 1st and 2nd being traded).

So will end up with 7 plus a very late draft pick (or one pick only) unless we split 7 for 2 picks in the teens.

We do need height but p7 is prob our only ND pick and its prob too early for a tall (unless we split 7 for 2 picks in the teens).

Add a couple of KPPs with our rookie picks maybe?

I have no reason to distrust the prognostications of those that seem more than me... so the only KPP that early is Cadman ... and it seesm so much jungle drum action on Clark... that the only way we do not take him is if he is already taken.

No I was looking at something later.

I think your being a bit hard on Sam Menengola - he is the unlucky Geelong player in this premiership without a doubt

If he had been sub( and he was most likely the next in line ) - and for sake of the arguement - say Guthrie does his hamstring at 3qtr time

Then in my opinion Sam M would have had an absolute picnic in that last qtr - in my opinion 10-12 possessions and maybe a couple of goals - because he racks up the possessions - is a thumping kick - and kicks goals
Menegola only had 6 proper games this season (one he was subbed very early, which skews the numbers). Even with the injury interruptions he averaged 20 touches and provided 2 goals (between goals/assists) per game. Which followed on from a number of consistent seasons. People associate him with our slow game plan of old, similar to Kolo who had a career best season in 2022 with more speed/agility around him. He can still push for best 22 even with no injuries (a winger/flanker is a handy option on the bench) but given the likelihood there will be those injuries and Tuohy/Smith/Duncan being increasingly rested, it would be a baffling decision to let him go. Or for him to want to go. He'll get a 1 year extension end of the season and likely get even more game time then.

I dont think things have changed too much for him ...its the young mids. 5 out of 6 players drafted last year were mids..

No KPP ... and we get 7 this year and according to most , will add another mid. Its like a mini version of being at Gold Coast or GWS. ..They will just have to standout to push thru.

In a way its just like what Selwood did...and Prismall didn't
Sorry should’ve clarified
My point with Neale is.

Better depth = better vfl players kicking the ball to him.
More ball means more development

So now we basically have a Best 30 (if we play our Top 10 pick and we keep it, and get McKenna) - instead of most clubs with a best 22-25 or so...absolutely insane.

B: Bews, SDK, J. Henry
HB: Stewart, Kolo, Duncan
C: Holmes, Guth, Bowes
FO: Stanley, Danger, Atkins
HF: Rohan, Jez, Close
F: Stengle, Hawk, Miers
INT: Blics, Tuohy, Zuthrie, I. Smith
Next up: O'Connor, Menegola, Parfitt, Bruhn, O. Henry, Sav, Jhye Clark?, McKenna?
Good time to increase to 5 interchange hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back